"Challenges" Gear Rework.

Challenge gear needs a rework. There are currently only 3 pieces of gear worth farming across all of the Challenges:

STR Gear: Mk8 Biotech Implant Salvage, Mk3 Carbanti Sensor Array Salvage
AGI Gear: Mk6 Chiewab Hypo Syringe Salvage
TAC Gear: ....laughable.

We don't need 3,000 pieces of junk gear like Mk4 BAW Armor Mod Salvage that only low level toons use once.

Here are 3 things that need to be done:

- Upgrade TAC gear from Mk4 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage to Mk5 A/KT Stun Salvage so we can farm it up alongside the Carbanti Salvage, as those 2 are the most used/most farmed gear pieces and require 50 pieces each per Stun Gun.

- Upgrade the dead weight Mk 9 Data Pad Salvage and Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Salvage to actual useful pieces. We have the Mk8 Biotech Implant Salvage, there is no reason not to upgrade the other 2 when they are never used. (I have 58 Mk8 Biotech pieces, I have 2793 Mk9 Data Pad pieces)

- Add in high level G12 pieces, but limit them to 1-2 pieces per sim.

The Shard Store got a rework to add in better gear, it's time Challenges got a rework as well.

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Be nice but probably not happening
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    I would be happy if they just redid mace i open the game and say meh mace day too bad...... really horrible imo
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    What is wrong with these pieces? I know I just started, but it seems that almost all characters need these gear pieces right off the bat. I guess you must have played for a while, and therefore have the needed pieces for a while, and are now just siting on a pile of them.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Options
    801947 wrote: »
    What is wrong with these pieces? I know I just started, but it seems that almost all characters need these gear pieces right off the bat. I guess you must have played for a while, and therefore have the needed pieces for a while, and are now just siting on a pile of them.

Just a few thousand of some of them. Yes, they are really useful early game. But once you're trying to get characters beyond, say G8, you'll struggle cuz Mk IV BAW Armor Mods are useless.

The biggest bottleneck for me is Mk3 Carbanti, Mk5 Stun Gun and those **** Stun Cuffs.

I do believe a slight rework of the rewards from challenges would be great.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    @801947. Nice to see you again. Hope everything is going well in game for you. But you are correct. After the initial need for those pieces, you quickly attain them without the places to put them on characters. It is kind of frustrating to see that you are 2 pieces short for a piece to upgrade your character, and then to be sitting on 3000+ piece of a separate piece of gear you haven't used in almost a month on any character.

You are not wrong @hungryrancor. A lot of those pieces are completely useless since we have thousands of them. However, they will not change it up. There is no reward for them to revamp them (no payday). Therefore, it just won't happen. It is the same thing in regards to no new characters going into the old shops because they want us to be able to get shard shop currency (its so that we don't just get a pretty new character quickly with currency saved up (or quickly earned).
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • TWings
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    There is no reward for them to revamp them
    The reward could be : happy customers -> less people leaving / new people staying -> healthy game -> more money.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TWings wrote: »
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    There is no reward for them to revamp them
    The reward could be : happy customers -> less people leaving / new people staying -> healthy game -> more money.

New people still need much of what is offered there.

And the people that leave, dont leave because of this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not to say they wont revamp them at some point, but I believe they said, the challenges are meant to be early/mid game and they are not trying to make them "end game" material. It is likely they will stay the way they are, or at best get a small boost with a new level offering 1 more piece each of something that is relatively useful.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    I would be happy if they increased the drop rate for drops of 6 or 7 carbantis from these challenges from .0001%.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not to say they wont revamp them at some point, but I believe they said, the challenges are meant to be early/mid game and they are not trying to make them "end game" material. It is likely they will stay the way they are, or at best get a small boost with a new level offering 1 more piece each of something that is relatively useful.

They can still add another tier. One that is really challenging and offers slightly better gear. I understand the need for new players, but old players need love too.

True, but older players have full access to every game mode and all events.

I agree they could add another tier.
  • Mstrefe1
    281 posts Member
    Options
    But what would the reward for the new tier? And how hard would they make it? If they add like Mk 8 BioTech Implant Components (or of similar rarity and necessity to the game), then they would likely increase the difficulty to require G10+ to beat it. But if it is like an extra piece of each current item, then they won't likely raise the difficulty that much. I would love it if they added something like the eyeball or Mk 5 Athakam Medpac Component, but if they ever thought about doing that, they will increase the difficulty for the tier a ton to match the rewards.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • TheLordOfMadness
    292 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Another option would be to add another tier to the challenges, which, among other things, offer more credits, very scarcely Zetas and Omegas, and MK 5 Stun Guns
  • Options
    Just Keeping the ball rolling - Tier 6 and 7 Challenge because everything has been done in groups of 7s; although 7 is not needed just yet.

Tier 6
    • Goal: Increased chance for rare pieces; maybe it can have like a give and take effect. Increase chances for rare items but no chance for more common items.
    • Requirements: 1,000,000 Galactic Power
    • Extremely Hard Difficulty Non-Simable (For Now / Becuase if everything is Simable what fun would it really be)
    • Intended for players to get enough resource to upgrade one of their favorite characters a little faster, but not have a bulk of resources left over.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

If they aren't meant to be end game material why do practically every character need 50 carbantis or eyeball salvage on g11, not to mention the earlier gear levels?

Now with mentioning said eyeball salvage we can't just stop getting these things we have '3000' of, because if you lose that income you will eventually run out of them just like people found out when we lost challenge gear in raids
  • Options
    Sadly, if you figure out a way to monetize these suggestions and you’ll be on to something. They aren’t going to code altruistically, even if logic and overall game enjoyment should prevail. It’s shameful, but reality.