Galactic chase drop %

So from the last galactic chase if the drop rates are the same with each different node (I forgot what they were)
Any math wizards out there that can confirm that you’ll be spending the same amount of crystals/energy per shard

Replies

• EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Not exactly sure what you are asking, but I believe the 20 energy nodes were a 80% drop rate, so say 6/8 for a days worth of sims. That is what you would get for "free" during a day. If you refresh energy and the node for a total of 125 crystals, you be spending about 21 crystals per shard if you go 6/8 on a second run at a 20 energy node. I forget the drop rates for 16 and 12. I think 12 was 50%, so it would be 31.25 crystals per shard if you refresh a node and buy an energy refill and go 4/8.
  • Options
    From the Emperor's Shuttle post: "This new ship's blueprints have a drop rate of 4% per point of Ship Energy per attempt (8 = 32%, 10 = 40%, 16 = 64%, 20 = 80%). Please note that each attempt is an independent event."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    From the Emperor's Shuttle post: "This new ship's blueprints have a drop rate of 4% per point of Ship Energy per attempt (8 = 32%, 10 = 40%, 16 = 64%, 20 = 80%). Please note that each attempt is an independent event."

This.

The drop rate is based on energy spent, so it doesnt matter what node you do, you will get the same drop overall for the amount of energy spent. The goal should be to spread it out so you dont waste too much on node refreshes.
  • Options
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Not exactly sure what you are asking, but I believe the 20 energy nodes were a 80% drop rate, so say 6/8 for a days worth of sims. That is what you would get for "free" during a day. If you refresh energy and the node for a total of 125 crystals, you be spending about 21 crystals per shard if you go 6/8 on a second run at a 20 energy node. I forget the drop rates for 16 and 12. I think 12 was 50%, so it would be 31.25 crystals per shard if you refresh a node and buy an energy refill and go 4/8.

So basically I’m done farming everything besides gear. What I’m asking is: would I be missing out on shards for the Ebon Hawk if I farmed the 10 nodes because that’s where the gear is vs doing hard nodes
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    EdSolo wrote: »

So basically I’m done farming everything besides gear. What I’m asking is: would I be missing out on shards for the Ebon Hawk if I farmed the 10 nodes because that’s where the gear is vs doing hard nodes

No. It's a % based on energy. You are fine.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This.

The drop rate is based on energy spent, so it doesnt matter what node you do, you will get the same drop overall for the amount of energy spent. The goal should be to spread it out so you dont waste too much on node refreshes.

So would it behoove me to farm only hard nodes or can I go do a bunch of 10 nodes. I got palps shuttle to 7* last time but it seemed like the hard nodes netted me more shards even though I could do the 10 nodes more frequently
  • Options

This.

So would it behoove me to farm only hard nodes or can I go do a bunch of 10 nodes. I got palps shuttle to 7* last time but it seemed like the hard nodes netted me more shards even though I could do the 10 nodes more frequently

If you spend 120 energy, you would get the same total shard drop rate. 6 sims of 20 x 80% drop rate vs 12 sims of 10 x 40% drop rate equals the same, roughly 5 shards.
  • Options

The hard nodes have a higher drop rate, but fewer attempts, because they cost more energy. So a 20 energy hard node has an 80% drop rate, while a 10 energy normal node has a 40% drop rate, but you can do the normal node twice as frequently. Since each attempt is a new RNG roll, there can be observable differences between hard and normal nodes in either direction, because you are at the mercy of RNG combined with a small sample size, but statistically, there's no real difference.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This.

They didnt net you more per energy spent. They did net you more per attempt.

A node that cost more energy will net you more in that run because you spent more energy.

In the end your drop rate is a % based on all the energy spent. Doesn't matter where you spend it, 10s or 20s.
  • Options
    So has this started for people because 6am on the 8th in Australia & still hasn't started! My reset is at 8am & i dunno if i should buy 2extra refreshes in case it starts at my reset. If it doesn't though i don't want to waste 200 crystals for nothing! The "go to the forums for more info" in newsletter is useless as it doesn't have any extra info i need.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    So from the last galactic chase if the drop rates are the same with each different node (I forgot what they were)
    Any math wizards out there that can confirm that you’ll be spending the same amount of crystals/energy per shard

The drop rate was officially announced to be 5 shards for every 100 energy spent during the first Galactic Chase.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

The drop rate was officially announced to be 5 shards for every 100 energy spent during the first Galactic Chase.

4 not 5. I copied the text from the announcement in my post above.