Advise for next event character

Hello, iv got my phoenix team ready for thrawn, ships wont be ready for chimera. I have 6*EP, and 5* (74/85) vader. Since R2 will come before EP should i start starring two other empire to try to be ready for R2? I have 4* royal guard, magma trooper and stark(lvl1 no gear) since vader depends on quests he has no chance at 7* and as said earlier EP wont come until after R2. Tarkin and TFP are almost 7* and will definatly be ready and i should be able to 7* thrawn. BB8 is out of the question as my FO team is incomplete and 2/3* with crap gear. Id like to be able to get CLS when he comes back around. And Revan is far out of the question. Bastilla 5*, jolee 3* and thats it. So i guess what im asking is R2 do-able without EP or Vader? Since he is the next event character im close to getting. Id hate to miss every other event character on this event cycle. And if it matters im level 79. And advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    Good question.. Yes it’s do-able without palp and vader, it’s just easier with them as palp stuns and vader nails them all with his DoT damage. it’s not the most painful event bearing in mind, thrawns or c3po is the worst if i recall all the old legendaries were made a touch harder in a patch a year ago or so. If you have thrawn use him as lead. If you dont, you need to strongly invest in Tarkin lead he’s a beast and an over looked character to new players as he’s not seen in the meta. Great investment to a player like your self... you sound like a new player to me, that’s my suggestion to you!
  • Akaryn
    59 posts Member
    Options
    As a general rule, most events are doable without the greatest gear. Exceptions are Chewie, C3PO and, well, Thrawn. He should be your priority as he is a game changer in early swgoh-life. Otherwise I'd suggest you focus rather on ONE good team than spread out too much. R2D2 is actually not that great if you don't zeta him. As Holy_warrior mentioned, Tarkin is great, he's also a decent cap ship pilot. So my advice is: make sure to have gear+mods ready for thrawn. Keep some fleet arena shipments on stack, vader comes in the shop fairly regularly these days! Then you will have a viable arena team:
    -> EP (phoenix will get him for you), Tarkin, Thrawn, Vader (even w/o 7*), TFP (gear them up!)
    My advice is, once you have this, focus on farming the OR characters. If you can unlock Revan you'll be golden - along the way you'll have an easy(ish) unlock of GM Yoda (since basti, jolee, etc.).
  • CazNeerg
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Akaryn wrote: »
    -> EP (phoenix will get him for you), Tarkin, Thrawn, Vader (even w/o 7*), TFP (gear them up!)
    My advice is, once you have this, focus on farming the OR characters. If you can unlock Revan you'll be golden - along the way you'll have an easy(ish) unlock of GM Yoda (since basti, jolee, etc.).

I would recommend skipping TFP and going straight to Fallen Bastila for the last slot. Synergizes very well with EP, and gets you one character closer to a Darth Revan ready squad (likely for his second coming, in the OP's case.)
  • Options
    I'd suggest you focus on those events one by one, instead of trying to be ready for all at the same time.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Akaryn wrote: »
    As a general rule, most events are doable without the greatest gear. Exceptions are Chewie, C3PO and, well, Thrawn. [

I mean, you can get 7* Thrawn pretty reliably with Phoenix-minus-Sabine at G9 and okay mods. That's not really too high of an ask for one of the best characters in the game.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Thanks for the inputs. I should be able to get 7* thrawn when he comes to help with the team for r2. I dont really care about R2 but i want to be ready for CLS when he comes back. I already have GMY 6* just because im a newer player and just didn't have enough time to 7*. My arena team is usally 60-100 range. My fleet usually stays around 60-80. The person that advised me to get ready for revan, i dont have access to the toon from fleet(forget which one) and from what iv read revan only comes like twice a year. Since he was just here im gonna focus on toons that will come back in rotation sooner rather than later. To the one that said to not try to be ready for all of them at once, im not trying to be ready for them all just the ones im somewhat close to being able to do. Example:C3p0, i still havent farmed any ewoks and stayed focused on my phoenix jedi, my empire team and my arena team(bastilla, gmy, ob, kanan and ezra) im a pretty focused player and dont bounce around alot, my main question was if itbwas possible to 7* r2 so i can work on CLS toons in the backround so when he comes i can do a quick grind to be ready for him. But thank you all for the advice. I appreciate it.