TW/GA squad placement

https://swgoh.gg/p/431528984/characters/
I'm curious as to if I have any squads that I absolutely shouldn't put on defense because the ai doesn't necessarily use them perfectly. I typically throw my nightsisters and FO at the front defensively then place meatsheild squads, leaving the rest to attack.

Replies

• Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Most people put first order on defense. You can do Nightsisters on defense if you know your opponent doesn't have troopers.

If you did both that's the majority of your zetad characters. Maybe too much on defense? If it's the last round of GA you can go all defense, try to pick up a bit more banners then your opponent for the win.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I didn’t see you roaster yet, but I’ll tell you about the answer of your question.

IMO, there are two things to be a good defense squad.

First, “Do the leader’s have a strong viability?”
    (Because, if the leader is dead, they can’t take leadership affect any more at the next battle.)
    Second, “Do the squad have the way of recovering health/potection?”
    (Because, they should have recovery skill to sustain themselves more longer.)

The representative squads which meet those things are FO and BH.

Kylo Ren Unmasked: if you make his defense stats over 50%, he will become a pretty annoying tank. Besides, his zeta leadership ability grants the recovery to FO allies. + 30 speed is also attractive.
    Bossk: Also his zeta’d leader ability grants the recovery to BH allies. Furthermore, he is just a magnificent tank under his zeta lead.

Qira is also preferable defense leader.
    She is a little bit fragile, but her leader ability is just insane. With No zeta’d, her allies can recover their “protection”.
    L3 is a great tank. Vandor is also an amazing tank, when he is zeta’d, he could make his allies revive.
    Enfys, no need for words.

Rex, Wampa, Chaze. This squad is also good for Defense.

Asajj lead is also fine. (Well, NS is more better on offense.. but still.. good defense team.)

KotOR, with Zeta’d Carth lead is also great. With Mission+Zalbaar.

cf) JTR, Trooper, Traya.
    These are must-use at Offense.
    Do not put them on Defense.