Why is Revan not in the Ebon Hawk?

It's literally his ship. Bastila always seemed to be in the cockpit as well. Does this indicate another ship coming? I only played KOTOR, not KOTOR II, so please no spoilers about details. I've heard some speculation about Malak or Darth Revan and Leviathan, but it confuses me that the one who actually owns the Ebon Hawk isn't a pilot for it. Perhaps there is another ship I'm not thinking of?

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Well, Revan and his crew stole the ship from Davik, so I guess it is as much his as the other crew members'.
    However, it would have been weird to assign the whole crew to a ship. And which version of Revan would you pick to pilot the ship, if DR is coming? Which Bastila from the two?
    I think bearing in mind these problems it made the most sense to give the ship to the two that actually pilot it, Carth and T3.

(Also, there are a lot more people running around with G12 Bastila. They need you to invest in gear to make a profit. T3 is probably the last toon you want to G12 from the pack of the first 5 OR toons, for instance. Carth is the hardest to farm. That seens like a solid reason too)
  • Options
    That's true, but we have 3 person ships. Those two and LS Revan imo. Then DS Revan and FBS in Leviathan
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Because Revan being a pilot would be insane. Most pilots are not overly powerful characters in other areas of the game (obvious exceptions exist but I'm talking generally). So to have the most powerful character in the game suddenly also apply his GP to a ship would make that ship disgustingly powerful.

And besides, while Revan owns it in the first KotOR, it is Carth that actually pilots it and T3 who does the techie stuff. And I know you asked for no spoilers for KotOR2 but the Ebon Hawk is in that game too but Revan isn't ...

EDIT:: And besides, owning it is not a prerequisite to being a pilot for it. None of the TIE Fight pilots own their ships!
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    Because Revan being a pilot would be insane. Most pilots are not overly powerful characters in other areas of the game (obvious exceptions exist but I'm talking generally). So to have the most powerful character in the game suddenly also apply his GP to a ship would make that ship disgustingly powerful.

And besides, while Revan owns it in the first KotOR, it is Carth that actually pilots it and T3 who does the techie stuff. And I know you asked for no spoilers for KotOR2 but the Ebon Hawk is in that game too but Revan isn't ...

That is true. On that note though, I really want Luke X-Wing with R2.
  • Options
    The current Revan was not part of the kotor team. Thats why.

The Revan you see now was before his path to the dark side along side Malak in the Mandalorian wars. After Revan became Darth Revan the jedi were able to capture Revan because Malak betrayed Revan and shot down his command ship. Revan lost his abilities and became the neutral you see in Kotor 1 and thus the evan hawk.

To sum up, its the wrong revan to pilot the Eban Hawk and in theory it was only Carth who piloted the Hawk. Some times co-piloted by Bastila but she was there more for the chat and her connection to Revan.
  • Options

The Revan you see now was before his path to the dark side along side Malak in the Mandalorian wars. After Revan became Darth Revan the jedi were able to capture Revan because Malak betrayed Revan and shot down his command ship. Revan lost his abilities and became the neutral you see in Kotor 1 and thus the evan hawk.

To sum up, its the wrong revan to pilot the Eban Hawk and in theory it was only Carth who piloted the Hawk. Some times co-piloted by Bastila but she was there more for the chat and her connection to Revan.

Revan in-game is the LS one from the end of KOTOR.
  • Options

I don't think so. The current Revan is the Revan at the end of KOTOR, light side ending. Else why do we need Bastila, etc. for the journey?

And besides, while Revan owns it in the first KotOR, it is Carth that actually pilots it and T3 who does the techie stuff.

This is more likely imo. Although I wonder why Bastila isn't part of the crew, considering she was always in the cockpit.
  • Options
    Then as the op said, why is he not part of the ebon hawk? A dev needs to confirm this to be honest..
  • Options
    Could you imagine revans ship ability? The omegas upgrades would have to be spectacular.
  • Options
    Legendary character gets legendary ship.
    Krakens will be disappointed, when they find out that they have 330 blueprints but can't unlock Ebon Hawk because they can't unlock JK Revan for another months.
  • Options

Are you forgetting about Han and Chewie? Those are two extremely powerful toon that are on a single ship together. So i don't think that just because a toon is powerful that they should be excluded from getting a ship.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    ... obvious exceptions exist but I'm talking generally ...
    Are you forgetting about Han and Chewie? Those are two extremely powerful toon that are on a single ship together. So i don't think that just because a toon is powerful that they should be excluded from getting a ship.
    ... obvious exceptions exist but I'm talking generally ...
  • Options
    Because T3 has the least use between everyone so of course they want you to gear him up
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Because giving people ships with pilots that are already G12 with 3 zetas..... allows lazy ship people who never invested 15 minutes into building up a good fleet or two and automatically makes them close to being on par with the people who slaved over their fleets for 2 years....

NEW SHIPS....NEW PILOTS.... is what ships needs
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Because giving people ships with pilots that are already G12 with 3 zetas..... allows lazy ship people who never invested 15 minutes into building up a good fleet or two and automatically makes them close to being on par with the people who slaved over their fleets for 2 years....

Thats why Grievous, B1 and B2 will get ships too at some point and yes most pilotes arent hot as characters but could be very good for fleet. Heck before Falcon ruined Ships you had a lot of strong lineups with underrated characters.
  • Options
    Just you watch.

Luke will have a faction all to himself eventually (just like Han and Chewie).

Rebel Pilot Luke just to force you to gear ANOTHER character. Will have great synergies with Biggs/Wedge and bring them back into Arena.

hahaha
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    People complain about Revan enough as it is without making him a required crewmember for a ship.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

You are still the only one talking about more ship content. It's time to stop

no u ?????

I don't get it.... you don't like ships then don't worry about it....not sure why me asking for stuff for the part of the game I LIKE is ANY different then YOU asking for game content that YOU like.....

And your right I've been asking for ship content for a looooonnngg time way before the gamechangers even started asking "why is there 0 ship content"

• Options
    1. Revan never piloted the Ebon Hawk, he just told Carth where to fly it. He spent most of his time on that ship chasing gizkas and small Twi'lek girls.

2. There's already enough incentive to gear Revan. T3 sees little use and Carth is mildly useful as a B-team leader for TW/GA. It's much more sensible to CG's bottom line (and healthier for roster diversity) to have them as pilots instead, so we're incentivised to gear them.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Lore wise, Carth was the main pilot in KoToR. All Revan did was man the turrets. Bastila was more co-pilot than anything else. However, in KoToR 2, T3M4 locked out the ship's nav-computer, and so he was doing all the course plotting. Since they haven't added Atton Rand to the game, who piloted the Ebon Hawk in KoToR2, having T3M4 in the second slot makes sense.
  • Options
    DarkLord7 wrote: »
    It's literally his ship. Bastila always seemed to be in the cockpit as well. Does this indicate another ship coming? I only played KOTOR, not KOTOR II, so please no spoilers about details. I've heard some speculation about Malak or Darth Revan and Leviathan, but it confuses me that the one who actually owns the Ebon Hawk isn't a pilot for it. Perhaps there is another ship I'm not thinking of?

KOTOR II came out fifteen years ago. The statute of limitations on spoilers has long since passed.
  • Options
    KOTOR II came out fifteen years ago. The statute of limitations on spoilers has long since passed.

A lot of the children haven't played the classics.