Thrawn

Will my phoenix squad be enough to defeat 7*? Im 99% sure my mod selections are holding me back but i'm just now starting to learn how to use them

http://swgoh.gg/squads/146458/

Replies

• Options
    If anyone has advice on more efficient mods to use please by all means give recommendations :smile:
  • Options
    I t
    rdcorrin wrote: »
    Will my phoenix squad be enough to defeat 7*? Im 99% sure my mod selections are holding me back but i'm just now starting to learn how to use them

http://swgoh.gg/squads/146458/

I think this link was unavailable for some reason here's another one

http://swgoh.gg/squads/146464/
  • Options
    The gear level is plenty, but you will likely need to upgrades some abilities and most definitely need more speed on that team. When it comes to mods in this game, speed is almost always king, and you should be shooting for speeds around 200 to beat the event. While that may seem like a lot, it is often useful to forgo the perfect non-speed stats on a mod in-order to boost more speed.

You will definitely want to add speed to Ezra, Zeb, Hera, and Chopper. This is the order I added speed when I beat Thrawn with only g8 characters. Kanan is less important for speed as he is naturally very slow and is mostly there to take a beating. Hope this helps :smile:
  • Options
    The gear level is plenty, but you will likely need to upgrades some abilities and most definitely need more speed on that team. When it comes to mods in this game, speed is almost always king, and you should be shooting for speeds around 200 to beat the event. While that may seem like a lot, it is often useful to forgo the perfect non-speed stats on a mod in-order to boost more speed.

You will definitely want to add speed to Ezra, Zeb, Hera, and Chopper. This is the order I added speed when I beat Thrawn with only g8 characters. Kanan is less important for speed as he is naturally very slow and is mostly there to take a beating. Hope this helps :smile:

That was very helpful thank you!

Should I focus on exclusively on farming Speed Mods then so that I can be sure to have a sufficient amount of speed to successfully complete the event?
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    When I cleared it back before Mods 2.0 I had the following:

Ezra - Offense x4, CC x2, CD triangle and about +70 speed
    Chopper, Hera, and Kanan - health x6, speeds of about 210, 165, and 140 respectively
    Zeb - health x4 potency x2 - speed around 150-160

At the time they were 4x G8, Ezra G9.

The mod suggestions in-game are pretty spot-on for Phoenix in general, it's what I used when I remodded them recently.

For the Thrawn event, though, I would push Zeb's potency up above 60% if possible. I currently have him with a CD set and a potency set, with potency cross. Rather than what the game recommends.
  • Options
    Mods are a little obtuse, but you'll get the hang of it. When you're just starting, the "set" (the image on the mod) is less important than the stats (the numbers you see when you look at the mod). Each mod has primary (the big number at the top) and secondary (the little numbers grouped together) stats. Only one shape has a speed primary, the arrow. So start your search for mods with 5 dots (signifying the rarity of the mod), shaped like an arrow and with speed primary.

For all other mods, speed can only be a secondary stay. And you need some rng to have those upgrade. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    When I cleared it back before Mods 2.0 I had the following:

Ezra - Offense x4, CC x2, CD triangle and about +70 speed
    Chopper, Hera, and Kanan - health x6, speeds of about 210, 165, and 140 respectively
    Zeb - health x4 potency x2 - speed around 150-160

At the time they were 4x G8, Ezra G9.

The mod suggestions in-game are pretty spot-on for Phoenix in general, it's what I used when I remodded them recently.

For the Thrawn event, though, I would push Zeb's potency up above 60% if possible. I currently have him with a CD set and a potency set, with potency cross. Rather than what the game recommends.

Mods are a little obtuse, but you'll get the hang of it. When you're just starting, the "set" (the image on the mod) is less important than the stats (the numbers you see when you look at the mod). Each mod has primary (the big number at the top) and secondary (the little numbers grouped together) stats. Only one shape has a speed primary, the arrow. So start your search for mods with 5 dots (signifying the rarity of the mod), shaped like an arrow and with speed primary.

For all other mods, speed can only be a secondary stay. And you need some rng to have those upgrade. Good luck :)

Thank you both for the advice it was actually really helpful! I was able to still defeat him suprisingly enough despite not having any good Mods at all (I can thank RNGesus for that!)
  • Options
    Awesome!!