No Malak ????

13Next

Replies

  • Stick wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Movies are a very small part of star wars as a whole


    No. Without the movies , there is nothing. The movies are the most important , and the truest Star Wars because it’s what George Lucas wanted and created. He made the genius of the first film. So what he likes or creates is what is real Star Wars. And he hates kotor.

    Read up on the history of Star Wars. Most of what people actually like about the OT was contributed by people other than Lucas. He was convinced by others that his first cut of the first movie wasn't very good, and changed it based on their input, and he had almost nothing to do with Empire Strikes Back. The one where he let his personal vision dominate the most in the OT was RotJ, which basically everyone considers the worst of the first three, by a wide margin. And the prequels showed us what happens when he ignores input from others over the course of an entire trilogy.

    He can hate KOTOR all he wants, but it has better writing than anything he ever personally wrote, better direction than anything he personally directed, and most of the voice acting is better than almost all of the actual acting from movies where he was the director.
    I played kotor. It’s all derivative. It’s nothing without the movies. Its ideas are already fleshed out in the movie. The stupid ship is even named after a bird for god sake like the original movies. He’s in boba fetts helmet. He has mace windus lightsaber. He dual weilds breifly... it’s a game that just was made to make nerd fans get a hard on. The games story had to be submitted to the skywalker ranch to be approved. Wonder why ? Perhaps because it’s just the same stuff rehashed. Don’t bring your toxic fan- hate the real content and support Luuuke **** here.

    Cool story. Mace Windu isn't the only character with a purple lightsaber. The movies are a very tiny fraction of Star Wars. The movies themselves are derivative, George Lucas never had an original thought in his life. Derivative works can still be more or less poorly written. George Lucas is a consistently terrible writer, Drew Karpyshyn does a much better job. So does Dave Filoni for that matter. As for why the story had to be approved, that's because *all* Star Wars stories have to be approved. That's part of how licensed content works. It's all "real" content, not just the parts you enjoy the most. Sorry.
    Stick wrote: »
    It does matter what came first because it’s a point of quality , originality , integrity.

    Lucas transformed the industry , Sifi as a genre. Kotor didn’t.

    To that bum yapping about Lucas not being involved in empire ...
    writes the story , picks the director , is the executive producer , funds the entire thing , creates one of the most interesting and mind blowing plot twists of all time , film or otherwise, this is almost no involvement to you ?

    You must have missed all the analysis over the last several decades about how derivative and completely lacking in narrative originality the first movie was; it was only the visual gimmick of moving tired old cliches into space that was even theoretically original. And reports are that Lucas' preferred cut of that movie stank, and it was his wife's input that saved it.

    Lucas transformed the special effects industry, no question. He was a master of merchandising, also no question.

    He was also a terrible writer, and a worse director. No credible student of cinema disputes that.

    Regarding KOTOR, both games are among the most acclaimed RPGs of all time, and they are easily the most acclaimed Star Wars games.

    As for Empire, Lucas wrote a brief story treatment, not the script. Never said the man didn't have some fun ideas, just said that he can't *write* to save his life. Especially dialogue.
  • Stick
    374 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Don’t bring in nonsense about being a woman and there not being enough women in Star Wars. This isn’t the me too movement and it’s not relavent to the argument at hand. Are you a woman nihion ?
    Are you suggesting Star Wars is popular because luke is relatable ? Get lost.

    The stories aren’t personalized because most of the character stories are rooted in movie content. They are personalized to the movie characters. A personal droid a defiant jedi , a wavering belief in the light.

    It does matter what came first because it’s a point of quality , originality , integrity.

    Lucas transformed the industry , Sifi as a genre. Kotor didn’t.

    To that bum yapping about Lucas not being involved in empire ...
    writes the story , picks the director , is the executive producer , funds the entire thing , creates one of the most interesting and mind blowing plot twists of all time , film or otherwise, this is almost no involvement to you ?

    This just proves that you’re an ignorant narrow minded person. Point made.

    You should know that people like Star Wars for many different reasons. Don’t tell me to get lost because I don’t fit in your personal view.

    The women in Star Wars argument is justified. Representation in movies is a real thing. So please stop insulting people that never hurt you.

    And finally, nobody said that KOTOR transformed SciFi. But it’s a sure fact that it transformed RPG’s.

    Again, you should realize that you’re being rude and insulting. And what comes first is completely separate from quality.
    I’m not ignorant I’m direct.
    I take it you’re not a woman then , by your ignorance of the question.
    I said get lost because you are advocating to dismiss Star Wars because Luke’s a man and you can’t relate.

    If Star Wars is many things to many people , why can’t people get over the hump that luke is Unrelatable?

    Yes representation is a real thing , and Star Wars needs more of it. Absolutely. But because it lacks diversity doesn’t make it poor quality.

    Leia is the commander of the rebellion. Han is a scum bag. Luke is powerful. Chewie is a weird bear. There is 2 robots. 2 men are evil. One old man is a hermit.
    Women see 1 woman, who does no wrong , bosses the men around and this is seen as miss representing women.
    Do you have a wife ? Cause mines a **** boss.

  • Please enough with Kotor.

    Time to move on to the real Star Wars

    Real Star Wars like Jar Jar, whiny Anakin, and pod racing?

    No thanks more KOTOR.

    Bring on Revan Reborn from SWTOR with double lightsabers next.
  • Also other sith and jedi from or around the kotor era would love to see darth bane and his apprentice that has duo synergy snd the less team mates the stronger they get
  • Please enough with Kotor.

    Time to move on to the real Star Wars

    Well if you truly want to move from KOTOR you’re going to WANT a malak release now so they can end KOTOR 1 with malak. If malak doesn’t get released now it leaves room for more KOTOR later.
  • I think this thread would be more interesting if everyone revealed their age at the end of their posts. :smile:

    I grew up with the original trilogy and that’s Star Wars for me. That said, I bought the Thrawn books when they came out and enjoyed them thoroughly. I grew to love the prequel trilogy.

    I didn’t play KOTOR when it was released but tried it recently, enjoyed the story element but couldn’t continue playing due to the dated gameplay. While the story is fun, let’s not exaggerate the quality - it’s like a piece of fan fiction, it’s entertaining but sometimes a little incoherent and with frequently laughable dialogue.

    The only Star Wars I can’t tolerate is The Last Jedi, it’s a betrayal of everything established in the preceding film and the original trilogy. I’m hoping that episode 9 will redeem it.

    I’m a 42 year old lifelong Star Wars fan.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    I didn’t play KOTOR when it was released but tried it recently, enjoyed the story element but couldn’t continue playing due to the dated gameplay. While the story is fun, let’s not exaggerate the quality - it’s like a piece of fan fiction, it’s entertaining but sometimes a little incoherent and with frequently laughable dialogue.

    Entertaining, incoherent, laughable dialogue... so you're saying it's just like the movies? If we're not going to exaggerate quality, let's not do it for any part of the franchise. I've never argued KOTOR is great literature; I just said it's better written than anything George Lucas personally wrote, which it is. The Star Wars movies are praised for many things, but when it comes to the entries where Lucas wrote the scripts, the writing is not one of them. And let's be real here, HK-47 has awesome dialogue. Lucas always tried to shove comedic characters into his movies, and none of those characters hold a candle to HK.

    There was a wide, wide, wide variety of quality in the old EU books, but sadly I would have to argue that they peaked with that original Thrawn trilogy. Nothing else was ever quite that good.

    As to age, 37. Not old enough to have seen the originals in their first theatrical run, but old enough to have owned multiple VHS copies of the unaltered theatrical cuts, and to be aware that they were better before Lucas decided that in addition to not having respect for anyone else's work in the setting, he didn't even have respect for his own older work. Those "special" editions were an atrocity, only getting worse with every iteration.
  • VonZant
    3842 posts Member
    Main thing is this:

    The universe is massive. There is old, new, comics, movies, cartoons, video games, board games, novels, short stories, Christmas specials, whatever. Plenty of room and content for everyone.

    Heck, even the new cartoon Resistance last 2 episodes was getting kinda interesting.
  • Stick
    374 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I think this thread would be more interesting if everyone revealed their age at the end of their posts. :smile:

    I grew up with the original trilogy and that’s Star Wars for me. That said, I bought the Thrawn books when they came out and enjoyed them thoroughly. I grew to love the prequel trilogy.

    I didn’t play KOTOR when it was released but tried it recently, enjoyed the story element but couldn’t continue playing due to the dated gameplay. While the story is fun, let’s not exaggerate the quality - it’s like a piece of fan fiction, it’s entertaining but sometimes a little incoherent and with frequently laughable dialogue.

    The only Star Wars I can’t tolerate is The Last Jedi, it’s a betrayal of everything established in the preceding film and the original trilogy. I’m hoping that episode 9 will redeem it.

    I’m a 42 year old lifelong Star Wars fan.

    Thanks. Played the original time , **** at it but completed the game. 27 now. Played again when it became mobile. Fan fiction is right , it’s a blow job for people who like boba and the like. It’s made to make certain people happy , instead of made to be the best it can. A new hope wasn’t made to make people happy. It was a weird guys dream that was a surprise hit.

    Only thing I disagree with is your last jedi bit , but last jedi shows snoke was a ****. As he should be. Snoke made palp and Vader seem weak. Until it was shown he was a show off with no real world skill. Regardless. Let’s not confuse quality for fan fiction.

  • Stick
    374 posts Member
    Please enough with Kotor.

    Time to move on to the real Star Wars

    Real Star Wars like Jar Jar, whiny Anakin, and pod racing?

    No thanks more KOTOR.

    Bring on Revan Reborn from SWTOR with double lightsabers next.


    Ya moody carth is much better. Fondle his nuts to make him feel better.
  • Nihion
    2176 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    Don’t bring in nonsense about being a woman and there not being enough women in Star Wars. This isn’t the me too movement and it’s not relavent to the argument at hand. Are you a woman nihion ?
    Are you suggesting Star Wars is popular because luke is relatable ? Get lost.

    The stories aren’t personalized because most of the character stories are rooted in movie content. They are personalized to the movie characters. A personal droid a defiant jedi , a wavering belief in the light.

    It does matter what came first because it’s a point of quality , originality , integrity.

    Lucas transformed the industry , Sifi as a genre. Kotor didn’t.

    To that bum yapping about Lucas not being involved in empire ...
    writes the story , picks the director , is the executive producer , funds the entire thing , creates one of the most interesting and mind blowing plot twists of all time , film or otherwise, this is almost no involvement to you ?

    This just proves that you’re an ignorant narrow minded person. Point made.

    You should know that people like Star Wars for many different reasons. Don’t tell me to get lost because I don’t fit in your personal view.

    The women in Star Wars argument is justified. Representation in movies is a real thing. So please stop insulting people that never hurt you.

    And finally, nobody said that KOTOR transformed SciFi. But it’s a sure fact that it transformed RPG’s.

    Again, you should realize that you’re being rude and insulting. And what comes first is completely separate from quality.
    I’m not ignorant I’m direct.
    I take it you’re not a woman then , by your ignorance of the question.
    I said get lost because you are advocating to dismiss Star Wars because Luke’s a man and you can’t relate.

    If Star Wars is many things to many people , why can’t people get over the hump that luke is Unrelatable?

    Yes representation is a real thing , and Star Wars needs more of it. Absolutely. But because it lacks diversity doesn’t make it poor quality.

    Leia is the commander of the rebellion. Han is a scum bag. Luke is powerful. Chewie is a weird bear. There is 2 robots. 2 men are evil. One old man is a hermit.
    Women see 1 woman, who does no wrong , bosses the men around and this is seen as miss representing women.
    Do you have a wife ? Cause mines a **** boss.

    You’ve misinterpreted my approach. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the OT. It’s a great set of movies that transformed the industry. But where the OT is lacking, such as some representation, KOTOR picks up the slack. The main character of KOTOR is customizable; this is different from the movies, and adds to the game experience. This makes it unique and interesting.

    I may be a woman, I may not be, it doesn’t matter. I like to advocate for representation of all people in cinema and the media, and KOTOR allows for that in Star Wars.

    I’m not gonna tell you that the OT is bad, or that it shouldn’t be added to the game, so why do you get to tell people that the game they like is trash?

    P.S: The women in Star Wars, though there are not a lot, are represented very well.
Sign In or Register to comment.