Darth Revan - Indication required of gear level request to devs

Prev1
Previously, sometimes we've had indicators as to the required gear level for events.

Would it be possible to get a rough,

G8-9 or G10-11 or G12+ gear reccomended for this event - as many people are on the edge of purchasing but may avoid unless they can get some idea if getting the shards & a reasonable gear will be enough.

Nobody is expecting it to be as easy as the last reven event (I did it without even leveling my T3-Zal & mission - infact due a G12 Bastila & revan did the entire event). But a rough idea would be a nice gesture to the community as to what we should expect.

The use of a language 'very difficult' is subjective & we are unsure if this factors in the fact these characters are new releases vs 'very difficult' for the Chewie event for old characters we didn't need to farm shards also.

Replies

• Options
    Problem is, that too many people have alreday farmed the toons needed for the event. Hence CG won't make as much money of packs as they could have hoped for.

Therefore I expect the Darth Revan even to be at G11-G12 difficulty.
    Expect RNG hell like the Chewie event.

CG are forced to do this to make people purchase crystals to pay for gear.
  • Vanitas
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Don't you think it is coincidental they dropped a Gear 12 pack together with the character packs....? ;)
    That should give enough hints on the difficulty..
  • Options
    But it's much harder to really whale for gear in that sense. You can only buy 1 from the shops before resets so they can't make that much.

The loss of people paying for the the £50 packs may be greater than a few whales buying some gear - as many if they can't make it will just wait for next month & not finish off the shards.
  • Options
    I really do not think it will be chewy like levels. Most of BH were in game forever.

I expect this to be harder than jkr but not threepio and chewy hard.

Save gear. Farm away. Hope for the best.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately even saying gX is subjective, because not everyone has the same mods. They have gotten hit by this before.

The use of very difficult is also subjective but we do have some base to compare this to. We have had 2 event already that use this phrase.

Either way it leaves the door open to be "wrong" due to the subjectivity, but I'm not sure there is a better way they can say it and be "right" for everyone.
  • Options
    They could say it's tuned for G9 with good mods.

Which is much harder than say the last Revan event which I did with most of the squad being less than l50.
  • gseth
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Or maybe they just gear lock the event. I for one don’t want the arena flododed with another revan. Just lock the 7 star tier as a minimum g12. 6 star minimum g11 and 5 star minimum g10. Make difficulty even more than the Chewie event. If everyone gets it there is no point. You are again flooded with the same meta.
  • Options
    gseth wrote: »
    Or maybe they just gear lock the event. I for one don’t want the arena flododed with another revan. Just lock the 7 star tier as a minimum g12. 6 star minimum g11 and 5 star minimum g10. Make difficulty even more than the Chewie event. If everyone gets it there is no point. You are again flooded with the same meta.
    Lol.

Two observations

1. You have these characters at G12 - 7 star already.
    2. You don't want much competition at the top as you've whaled out.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I always find posts like this weird. The arena is flooded by one team right now. Restricting the access to the counter will only make the problem persist.
  • Options
    It's obvious he's in a position to benefit from it & therefore wants the entire game to be built around making his climb to 1 in arena easier.

Likely somebody who whaled on the first Revan release & is bitter he is no longer dominating.
  • Options

Worst. Idea. Ever! If for no other reason than the precedent it will set for future events. This gear lock will take the game completely out of free to play for good.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    G12+ 6dot mods
    The second event will be easier with g13 characters

Bitter much?
  • Options
    I’m not worried about the gear requirements as much as I’m worried about zetas that will be needed to make the team good enough to beat Darth Revan.

My goal is to dump my zetas on Darth Revan no matter how many he will need. I’m hoping I don’t have to use zetas on the team in order to beat the event. Time will tell.
  • Options
    That was my thoughts too.

Revan will need at least 2 to be functional - but I'm guessing emo bastila and HK will need one too. 5+ zetas
  • Options
    Full g12, 6 dot mods and all available zetas. Then a prayer and nod to RnGeesus. And you might get him on your 200th try
  • Options
    Honestly none of those zetas seem game breaking. Chirpa's zeta made a dent in C3's event, so did Bossk's in Chewie's. But the zetas from this set of OR toons don't seem to add too much to the team, especially since HK and Bastila don't synergise nearly as well as the Zalbaar-Mission combo under Carth lead. Even more so considering that their reworks come after the event.
    Anyway, if it'll be only the zetas stopping you, you can use them up during the event and farm more for DR after.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly none of those zetas seem game breaking. Chirpa's zeta made a dent in C3's event, so did Bossk's in Chewie's. But the zetas from this set of OR toons don't seem to add too much to the team, especially since HK and Bastila don't synergise nearly as well as the Zalbaar-Mission combo under Carth lead. Even more so considering that their reworks come after the event.
    Anyway, if it'll be only the zetas stopping you, you can use them up during the event and farm more for DR after.

If Bastila's rework comes after the event, she doesn't need the zeta to complete it.
  • Options
    I'm expecting the rework to come first, as it will increase the likelyhood of people buying the packs.

Two cool reworks with high synergy revealed right in the peak of panick farming would make sense. I expect these to be shown tomorrow.
  • Gluckychou
    50 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm tired of these false rumors, terrifying speculations.
    - Darth Revan is not the next journey
    - Ebon Hawk will be required
    - Darth Revan's event will happen while another legendary event. (some said last week, others this week)
    - Darth Revan's event will last 24 hours
    - g12+ needed for Darth Revan's event
    - ETC (there are so many that I saw in disc, even the top player had believed such bullshits)

It was OBVIOUS after McMole screen on test serv and after the Marth calendar reveal that 21st was the only date possible, and that it would be DR, cause HK appeared reworked on the screen. Because they never put severals legendaries/journey the same week, except when they are related.
    It was OBVIOUS that Ebon Hawk wasn't a requirement, because such events only use farmable characters/ship.

It is OBVIOUS that this event won't be a heavy gear one. Those are for old factions, such as Bounty Hunters and Ewoks. The sentence "It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne." is pure lore, not gameplay.
    CG wants money, not another shitstorm about their new star.
    Expect exactly the same that the others journeys : between g7 and g9 according to the quality of your mods.

Don't listen to your fears, listen to reason.
  • Options
    I'm expecting the rework to come first, as it will increase the likelyhood of people buying the packs.

"Once you complete your journey to the Dark Side, reworks for HK-47 and Fallen Bastila Shan are on their way"

This would imply the reworks will take place after the event.
  • Options

"Once you complete your journey to the Dark Side, reworks for HK-47 and Fallen Bastila Shan are on their way"

This would imply the reworks will take place after the event.
    Ahh yes, I guess the skillsets of the reworks will give away D.Revans kit. Also it might break two characters into having nowhere to use them if they are D.Revan heavy.

Would make sense to do them at the same time then tbh.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously everything is speculation, and that's just the way they want it. The more you panic, the more money they make.

I've got my guys at G10 and am holding on to gear so I can push them to G11 if needed. My logic is as follows:

The only time they've ever described an event as "very difficult" ahead of time were Chewie and 3P0's events, which both require around G11 on average - G12 if your mods aren't great, G10 if your mods are awesome.

If they set Drevan's difficulty at that level, I've got what I need to complete it, though I'll likely need to let the OR team borrow some mods from stronger characters.

If it's a pump-fake to encourage panic spending and the difficulty is the same as JKR? Well, I'll have an easy time of it and a decently usable OR team to boot.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gluckychou wrote: »
    Expect exactly the same that the others journeys : between g7 and g9 according to the quality of your mods.

Don't listen to your fears, listen to reason.

You should always listen to reason and always take everything on the internet with a grain of salt.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne.....

Bundles and an event pack will also be available for the characters above to help you prepare for this rare and challenging event.

I would not expect this to be the same as other Journeys, because it's not like other journeys. There is less of a "panic shard farm", 2 of the toons have been out long enough and the newer of those 2, was a good addition to a previous meta. G7-9, is wishful thinking IMHO.

That being said, preparing and not committing is always a good tactics to staying flexible in this game, the high end gear will always find a use later should you not need it "today".
  • Options
    Tbf this is the first Dark side(ancient) journey to ever come to the game.It is also the first to use both LS and DS characters.
    Whatever gear requirements we had for previous HJ events cannot be relayed into this one because of its exclusive nature.
    If they say it's difficult, it probably will be the hardest journey event we ever had
  • Options
    If you want to play it safe gear them to 8 and save up the gear. If you want to play it really safe then gear them up to 10.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Bundles and an event pack will also be available for the characters above to help you prepare for this rare and challenging event.

I would not expect this to be the same as other Journeys, because it's not like other journeys. There is less of a "panic shard farm", 2 of the toons have been out long enough and the newer of those 2, was a good addition to a previous meta. G7-9, is wishful thinking IMHO.
    The quote "It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne" doesn't refer to the event directly, we don't have gear bundles to prepare ourselves a higher difficulty like we had with Ewoks & Bounty Hunters.

Expecting a g11 requirement is overeacting to a teaser, imo. For the huge majority of players, getting the four new OR characters is already a big gap.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gluckychou wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

The quote "It will be a very difficult task to reclaim the Sith throne" doesn't refer to the event directly, we don't have gear bundles to prepare ourselves a higher difficulty like we had with Ewoks & Bounty Hunters.

Expecting a g11 requirement is overeacting to a teaser, imo. For the huge majority of players, getting the four new OR characters is already a big gap.

And what about the quoted part that's says rare and challenging event?