Please allow counters to Darth Revan

Prev1
I get making DR a counter to JKR since JKR broke arena. But please make DR beatable. If don’t, it’ll be JKR all over again. CLS squads with 3-P0 should have a place in arena. Since DR sacrifices defense for offense, hopefully that opens the door to some counter teams. Unfortunately I think CG doesn’t learn from mistakes but I can always hope!

What teams do you want to see as a counter to DR? CLS for me.

Replies

• Options
    I get making DR a counter to JKR since JKR broke arena. But please make DR beatable. If don’t, it’ll be JKR all over again. CLS squads with 3-P0 should have a place in arena. Since DR sacrifices defense for offense, hopefully that opens the door to some counter teams. Unfortunately I think CG doesn’t learn from mistakes but I can always hope!

What teams do you want to see as a counter to DR? CLS for me.

None would be a good and achievable start. Expect the worst and you won’t be disappointed.
  • Options
    Jedi Revan will still win in offence. Can't see any mechanic that the devs can think of that would counter Jolee
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if GG turned out to counter DRevan.
    Other than that, CLS teams will probably be able to beat DRevan on offense, they can take JKRevan as well and DRevan won't probably have as much survivability. The problem is that CLS is very easy to dismantle on defense and will fall drastically.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Jedi Revan will still win in offence. Can't see any mechanic that the devs can think of that would counter Jolee

Deathmark....

Or preventing assists (undispellable)..

Jkr will always be a fantastic team, so will cls be.
    DRevan is only meant to put the sith back there as an alternative again. Cls and jkr could auto traya, that aint right. Lets make it challwnging at least.
  • Lonit
    35 posts Member
    Options
    and who would pay for a new meta that will be beatable by ftp toons that were around for ages...?
  • Options
    They could have made Grevious zeta lead simply stop Jedi from attacking out of turn and it would have been a hard counter the JKR...

They just don't want Revan to be easier. They want Darth Revan as strong as possible and atop the mountain alone to monetize.
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Javas.
    Don't you think that it would have been CLS all over again since it is even more available than JKR?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Lonit wrote: »
    and who would pay for a new meta that will be beatable by ftp toons that were around for ages...?

Anyone who is sick of JKRevan dominating arena.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    Javas.

Darth Revan gives his entire team strong black coffee and they use the caffeine rush to power through JKR's defenses.

Deathmark would (deals a ton of extra damage on hits while forcing attacks on that target, and then prevents revive), and we already know he's going to have that. So like...
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    Watch GG be the counter to DR
  • Options
    "Introduce a new good toon, but make sure 2 year old toons can beat it"

New toons will always beat old teams. New toons may make old teams relevant (MT-Nightsisters, Chewie/3PO - CLS rebels), or old toons might get a rework (zEP). What isn't going to happen is a new HJ characters be part of a balanced meta with existing ones. There are a few reasons

1. Power creep - to beat JKRevan it's unlikely that it'll be beatable by teams that can't beat JKRevan.

2. Drive to spend - new characters exist to push players to spend resources to acquire them. People don't spend as much just to collect. If CLS can beat DR, why bother spending for DR when you can just stick with CLS.

• Options
    I mean, it doesn’t have to beat everything, just JKR on defense. It doesn’t need to hold against all teams to be good, just the teams that the hordes of Revan-only players don’t have. Right now there are a lot of people in the arena climbing without diverse rosters, because you don’t need one. If you need one to climb, defense will be all around easier.
  • Options

New toons will always beat old teams. New toons may make old teams relevant (MT-Nightsisters, Chewie/3PO - CLS rebels), or old toons might get a rework (zEP). What isn't going to happen is a new HJ characters be part of a balanced meta with existing ones. There are a few reasons

1. Power creep - to beat JKRevan it's unlikely that it'll be beatable by teams that can't beat JKRevan.

2. Drive to spend - new characters exist to push players to spend resources to acquire them. People don't spend as much just to collect. If CLS can beat DR, why bother spending for DR when you can just stick with CLS.

Man, there’s a lot of people here cool with mirror matches 🤷🏼‍♂️. You guys enjoy while the rest of us slowly stop caring and disappearing....let’s see how that affects the longevity of this game 🙄.
  • Options
    Why should they do that? Shouldn't people who get DK revan get an advantage?
  • Options

Uhh *prevents revives
  • Options

Man, there’s a lot of people here cool with mirror matches 🤷🏼‍♂️. You guys enjoy while the rest of us slowly stop caring and disappearing....let’s see how that affects the longevity of this game 🙄.

There are a lot of counters to Revan

Also...you realize that the reason why people complain abt revan because there are a lot of them now..2x around. Make Dk beatable makes that just as bad
  • Options
    CLS wrote: »
    Your right people are just going to spend hundreds of dollars for a character that is average and can be easily beaten. LMAO

Did I say easy to beat?
  • Options
    CLS wrote: »
    Your right people are just going to spend hundreds of dollars for a character that is average and can be easily beaten. LMAO

Did I say easy to beat?

New meta should be OP and hard to get otherwise no one will want to go for it
  • Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    They could have made Grevious zeta lead simply stop Jedi from attacking out of turn and it would have been a hard counter the JKR...

They just don't want Revan to be easier. They want Darth Revan as strong as possible and atop the mountain alone to monetize.

This
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Read GG and the other droids kits without knowing DR s kit I’m betting he is the Dr counter . Dark side enemies lose 5per tm .
  • Options

Um yeah, just make darth revan's leader block all revives. Jkr, NS boom, gone.
  • Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    Read GG and the other droids kits without knowing DR s kit I’m betting he is the Dr counter . Dark side enemies lose 5per tm .

That would be interesting.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Watch GG be the counter to DR

I freakin hope so!!!
  • Options
    But JKR has at least 3 counters, what is your point? DR will probably be the same. Every single team has a counter if they are on AI defense, but that doesn't mean that the counter will hold reliably on defense.
    It's likely going to be the same. And DR should wipe anything on offense anyway. As others have said it, why spend on him if some two-year old F2P toons beat it reliably?
    If you don't intend to run JKR or DR in the future, you're probably still going to get kicked to the 100s overnight.
    No matter how DR counters JKR, except for the people unlocking DR the top of arena will still be floodes with jedi teams. DR will surely beat his Jedi-twin, but there's no way he is making him worse than the second-best.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    It would be nice if GG turned out to counter DRevan.
    Other than that, CLS teams will probably be able to beat DRevan on offense, they can take JKRevan as well and DRevan won't probably have as much survivability. The problem is that CLS is very easy to dismantle on defense and will fall drastically.

Jango fett or boba fett or darth nihilus
  • Options

There are already counters to Jolee in game. Jango, Boba Fett and Nihilus have attacks that prevent the person from getting resurrected on kill.
  • Options
    GG is a counter to Jedi Revan now. If GG is a counter to Darth Revan I’m going to be extremely happy
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.