Who wants to see Mara Jade?

Prev1
Altmanizer
30 posts Member
edited March 2016
"I can sense you're fear. You're scared that you'll never be as powerful asDarth Vader."
~Rey to Kylo Ren

Who wants to see Mara Jade? 112 votes

Yes, I would l would love to see Mara Jade, Jedi Master added!
19%
scubaCobratatGenakumaJediMasterGibsCPMPkaleb314HoUstonBluestarBlackbriarAznpwr99SideousIsaiah_THE_JediTorShezadaSyfhlerTewbaccoCsakaSwasAyemensatorRedjackryanKumquatinator 22 votes
Yes, I would love to see Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand added!
28%
RumpelstilzchenHuitzyFantazyMateosiusQuicksilverSwordsLFDThorius_Antares_2605Old_TallenCaroCanonRenovatoCookieCrisppRobertDARTH_TEDThyskjedithreepwod77VIIIKaloanonidudeTerraiTyfiter 32 votes
No, I don't like strong female characters who are also feminine.
4%
PuglioDookiedog68infectiouszombieJaquizz1616CatoNines 5 votes
Who's Mara Jade? (I don't know Luke's wife and should care more about Star Wars).
14%
Dariounit900000Zombie961xxakortsxxStodieMizake_MizanFranckMcBeckerDeadHeadAndyQleakPmanRingobehr228TynecastleBig_Bosstheodrathaerendhildocta555 16 votes
I would love to see both versions of Mara Jade!
33%
Stekcir_LeinadSkyezaphodLokaiKAULIKr4itok_AzraelrulezWillkimm98NaurosMysticPiragegsethCorvusvangohOobydoobiakinsOuchieTomuk83PotatoManBrekabFirstOrdered 37 votes

Replies

• Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    The more the merrier, although I would hope we get a much larger pool of characters before we start seeing different versions of a given character.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    No option for "I swear I saw a poll eerily similar to this within the last 48 hours?"
  • Options
    I wanna see attack of the clones Padme first then Return of the jedi Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.
  • Options
    Yes, but she's not cannon, so not going to happen.
  • Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Yes, but she's not cannon, so not going to happen.

So we won't be getting Kettch then?
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    HK47 is in game. Plenty of great non cannon characters out there with large followings. At one time Mara Jade's popularity rivaled Boba Fett's. I don't know why they wouldn't capitalize on that following.
  • Orba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    While we already have HK-47 who is non-canon, and I think the Devs would be willing to add some non-canon characters, the problem is that some characters are not only non-canon but they contradict canon. Jacen and Jaina for example could not really be added as the new films show that they don't exist. Mara Jade doesn't quite contradict canon yet, but the new films could show that. I can't see the Devs adding a character that is in a grey area like that.

But that does not mean that they can't add other non-canon characters, Revan nearly got a mention in the Clone Wars TV series (which would have made him canon), and the Rebels TV series has mentioned Malachor (from KOTOR2) so he could become canon yet. There is also another big EU character rumoured to be added to Rebels next season.

So while I think we will see more EU characters added I think that Mara Jade is to tied to Luke's story for them to add her until after we actually know what Luke's post ROTJ story is in order to know if she is non-canon or if she would contradict canon. This game is supposed to be something that is being played in a cantina which is why we can have team-ups that would normally never have happened, but if thats the case the characters would all still have to be people that could have potentially existed in canon. And there is too many unknowns when it comes to Mara atm.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Who's Mara Jade? (I don't know Luke's wife and should care more about Star Wars).
    I don't want to see Mara jade, because i don't know who she is.

I've seen all versions of the films, all the clone wars cartoons, i have read the first 12 volumes of the darth vader comic. I'm reading lost stars now but am not very far in it yet. I've seen many fan films to boot.

How much more caring is necessary? Do i need to sacrifice my first born on an ewok shrine?

All I'm saying is this character is obscure, does not mean she wouldn't be awesome in the game. Your judgement is unnecessary and confrontational.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Qleak wrote: »

Is this a joke??
    In case it is not:
    In EU she was an assassin for Emporer, known as Emporer's hand, Killed Clone Luke, became a smuggler, Became a Jedi, married Luke and was killed by Han and Lena's Kid. Bad *** Jedi
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Is this a joke??
    In case it is not:
    In EU she was an assassin for Emporer, known as Emporer's hand, Killed Clone Luke, became a smuggler, Became a Jedi, married Luke and was killed by Han and Lena's Kid. Bad *** Jedi

Did you read what i said I've consumed? Is she in that list? I don't think so. I'd be more productive to tell me in what media is she located
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Is this a joke??
    In case it is not:

Did you read what i said I've consumed? Is she in that list? I don't think so. I'd be more productive to tell me in what media is she located

Easy now.... No reason to get up in arms.
    Google could just as easily tell you she is in the books, Started in comics I believe, I never read them.
  • Kalo
    123 posts Member
    Options
    She first appears in the Heir to the Empire trilogy written by Timothy Zhan. This trilogy contains some of the best story lines and new characters in the EU. Admiral Thrawn first appeared here and is rumored to be in Rebels next season.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the option for "Mara Jade belongs to an alternate universe that no longer exists and should never be in the game because we got episodes VII, VIII and IX"?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Kalo wrote: »
    She first appears in the Heir to the Empire trilogy written by Timothy Zhan. This trilogy contains some of the best story lines and new characters in the EU. Admiral Thrawn first appeared here and is rumored to be in Rebels next season.

IMO one of the best EU authors.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Well, i hope for the EU fanboys disney actually owns the rights to Mara Jane. Otherwise she never existed.

I suspect this is why they declared EU non canon when they bought the franchise, because Lucas didn't own all the EU intellectual property.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well, i hope for the EU fanboys disney actually owns the rights to Mara Jane. Otherwise she never existed.

I suspect this is why they declared EU non canon when they bought the franchise, because Lucas didn't own all the EU intellectual property.

It is not just about owning her rights. It is about giving JJ Abrams and the rest of the crew enough creative freedom to move the story without being tied by some cartoonish comic plot (Clone Luke? Seriously?).
    If they are going to make Rey to be Luke's daughter, then Mara Jade and the EU descendants of Luke and Mara can't exist (or need to be re-writen)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

They declared EU non canon so they could do their own story line from a blank canvas. It doesn't mean they won't grab a character from EU and use them with a different back story some day.
  • Options
    No option for "I care little for the Star Wars universe outside of the movies"!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    No option for "I care little for the Star Wars universe outside of the movies"!

Haha, honestly had I not been on deployment needing something to read I probably would have never got into. But it can get boring out there going in circles.
  • Orba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I would say that the reason they ended up just scrapping the EU is that it would be too complicated to pick apart. You would end up having stories where canon characters were doing canon things with non-canon characters, who only know each other due to non-canon stories (except where they are canon). It would be a nightmare picking things apart, then explaining what things were canon and which weren't, even having some parts of canon stories not being canon.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

It is not just about owning her rights. It is about giving JJ Abrams and the rest of the crew enough creative freedom to move the story without being tied by some cartoonish comic plot (Clone Luke? Seriously?).
    If they are going to make Rey to be Luke's daughter, then Mara Jade and the EU descendants of Luke and Mara can't exist (or need to be re-writen)

This. In didn't like new Jedi order. I'm glad the new movies aren't following EU. It was too manga drama-ish if that makes any sense haha.
  • Options
    The Star Wars games aren't canon but they added HK-47, probably the most recognizable character from those games (though some Revan fans would disagree it seems).

Honestly, if they even added only one character to represent all of the EU, I'm sure it would be Mara Jade, and even if you don't know who she is she would surely make for a really unique, interesting toon. I'm all for adding her.
  • Options
    On that note....Talon Karrde and Thrawn as well ??
  • Options
    I want to see Jedi Master (and/or Jedi Knight) Mara Jade Skywalker with purple lightsaber sooooooooooooo BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saying. :)
  • Options
    I want to see Jedi Master (and/or Jedi Knight) Mara Jade Skywalker with purple lightsaber sooooooooooooo BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saying. :)

Necroing threads?
  • Options
    HK is old world and has been in just about every major SW game since his introduction in KOTOR. From what I understand there is a tacit acknowledgement that Old Republic is cannon. Mara has not appeared anywhere except in books and comics which Disney has pretty much trash canned.
  • Options
    where's the "lets all google search SW characters that are not in the game and ask devs to add them" option?
  • EetsdaBouss
    352 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lol necrobumped, close it.

HK is canon. His program turns up in Darth Vader comic as Triple Zero Matrix.
  • Options
    I know she's from the comics. Great comics btw. That said, canon or not, my favorite SW characters will always be: Mara Jade Skywalker, Revan (and Darth Revan). And I would love to see them added to SWGOH as: "Mara Jade Skywalker (Jedi Master)", "Mara Jade (Emperor's Hand)", "Revan", and "Darth Revan", and maybe also: "Mara Jade (Jedi Knight)". And I mean Mara Jade written like "Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)" has parenthesis. I know people will agree and people will disagree. Just stating the top 2 characters I'd love to see added. Mara Jade, and Revan. ....
  • Options
    No option for "too many polls about EU characters without enough popularity." I don't give a darn about Jade being added to this game. Add the canon characters first.