suddenly impossible to beat Artist of War Mythic???

Prev1
what the heck did you do? i've been able to beat this 3star since mythic was released... suddenly today, neither my normal team, nor really any other team, can win. with some attempts, i have 2 toons dead before i even get a turn. I'm throwing G12 teams at it...

Replies

• G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Took me 6 hrs to beat today
  • Options
    I encountered the same issue though not as severe. Was losing 2-3 G12 toons before my first turn. The forced Thrawn lead really screws you over. Made it through when I tossed my G12 Starck in, as he’s fairly tanky and soaked up enough damage that I made it through with Thrawn and Vader. Still took forever to kill Chopper & Zeb. EP unique zeta is a big help to vampire them for as long as he’s alive. If they let you run a Zader lead with EP’s unique zeta....I melt G12 fully zeta’d Phoenix squads with that, at least in TW.
  • Options
    3* it for the first time today in the 1st try. It's RNG as always...
  • FrankLynn
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I managed to 7* Thrawn like the 3rd time the event appeared and never looked back, because it took me SEVERAL attempts with my Phoenix, which were all G8 at the time. Then they introduced Mythics...
    I just 3*ed Tier 1 for the first time today. Hallelujah! Now I can put the Artist of War behind me again and sim sim sim.
    Tier 2 is simple for everyone, and tier 3 takes me a few tries sometimes, but generally isn't much of a burden. I've found that I have the most success when using my G12 RG to absorb the damage from the massive first wave of attacks.
    Post edited by FrankLynn on
  • Options
    Didn't seem any harder than usual. Used Shoretrooper, Range Trooper, Death Trooper and Palpatine, and it was pretty smooth sailing.
  • Options
    The mythic tier is not challenging, it's irritating. I understand what they are trying to do, but it's not fun. I have sent an all g12 team in there and they are dead way too easily. It's not working as intended (Imo), it's just lame. What's the point of thrawn lead if the debuffs they land are daze or stagger? I'm not even sure it is working at all. Stop doing this please. It is just dumb and I'm not going to do it anymore.
  • Options
    I beat it easily with the following squad:
    - Thrawn lead
    - Palpatine
    - Tuskan Raider
    - Shore trooper
    - Range Trooper

Just kidding about the Tuskan Raider. He gets no attention. I used Death Trooper
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Options
    what the heck did you do? i've been able to beat this 3star since mythic was released... suddenly today, neither my normal team, nor really any other team, can win. with some attempts, i have 2 toons dead before i even get a turn. I'm throwing G12 teams at it...

I was wondering the same.. usually could 3* it easily but this time the RNG was totally screwed up. Succeeded after like 15 attempts with Vader Palp Shore and Tarkin
  • Options
    Still a case of waiting for good RNG for me, although every time I beat the final stage it always reminds me how woeful the Phoenix team is. Fully geared, 6 of them and loaded with two cycles of TM,... still get beaten
  • Options
    1st time I beat it today, total rng 20+ attempts with vader, palp, tarkin and either shore or dt. Tarkin kept their damage down. So long as Palps lived 1st salvo and stunned 3 I could win.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options
    Beat it as normal with thrawn palp Tark DT shore no more difficult than usual imo
  • Options
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    This time, it's definitely longer to get a good RNG, maybe the AI is getting smarter? ^^

Skynet?
  • Options
    even when i had good RNG i couldnt get it done. i dont have a good tank tho and no DT soooo yeah
  • Options
    First try today (3rd yesterday) , with 2 x g12, rest g11.
  • Options
    Easy just like last event. Maybe you remove some of your mod
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

You're doing smth wrong then.

Thrawn - G12
    Palp - G11
    Vader - G12
    Shore - G10
    RG - G10

Never takes me more than 2-3 tries.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    This time, it's definitely longer to get a good RNG, maybe the AI is getting smarter? ^^

Only as smart as the......
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    I just got 3 star for the first time today.... so no.
  • Options
    Shouldn’t take more that 2 or 3 tries with a good team, so you may want to check mods. I used:
    G12 zzThrawn
    G12 zzVader
    G11 EP
    G12 DT
    G11 Shoretrooper
    Just keep EP alive long enough for Phoenix to kill themselves. I fractured Kanaan, then hard kill Sabine and Ezra, then any order after that. Once those 2 go down they don’t have the offense to be a threat.
  • Options
    It’s impossible to beat now without shore Trooper. That has changed. And I hate it.
  • Options
    I beat it for the first time at 1* yesterday, and 3* today using this team: g12zzThrawn, g11 Vader, Palpatine, Storm, Shore.
    In the past I felt I had no chance. Since the last time I put a zeta on Thrawn's leadership. I figured it would work for Fleet, and the occasional event like this. Don't know if that made all the difference, but I did finally succeed.
    Took about 8 restarts today. Kinda like C3PO, it was all about surviving the initial onslaught, and it was sorta easy from there.
  • DJayK3
    90 posts Member
    Options
    The Artist of War mythic event’s rewards are not worth the headache. Even for the first time beating it, it’s one of the only mythic events that doesn’t reward zetas. Correct me if I’m wrong.
  • Options
    DJayK3 wrote: »
    The Artist of War mythic event’s rewards are not worth the headache. Even for the first time beating it, it’s one of the only mythic events that doesn’t reward zetas. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I got no Zetas. The achievement gave some crystals, and some Phoenix ship shards. The ship shards went right to dupes, which wasn't terrible, but I think I had them done before Mythics even rolled out.
  • Jawwny
    28 posts Member
    Options
    You need a tank like Shoretrooper or Royal Guard to soak up a bunch of the damage. Without them it's much more difficult.
  • Options
    It's just bad RNG. I normally beat it within 2-3 tries.....today took me at least 10 attempts due to bad RNG.
  • Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    It’s impossible to beat now without shore Trooper. That has changed. And I hate it.

I did it with Starck, Veers, Death and Range; all g12 and Starck died.
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    It's because the recent update broke Sabine AGAIN!
    I pestered them about it a long while back till they semi-fixed it, but it's back. She won't use aoe under ai again, and since the mythic doesn't have the demolish zeta anyway, it's much harder to beat this way. She's fast, and is constantly shredding armor and gaining more tm.

They need to truly fix her, as a ZETA ability should always be prioritized first and always...
  • Options
    Thrawn
    Palpatine (essential)
    3 tanks (I use Shore, Storm and RG)
    Put it on auto
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    • Thrawn (zeta on EaF)
    • Palpatine
    • Vader
    • Death Trooper
    • Storm Trooper

Took like 20 tries, but I got it with them. (Gotta get an RNG that keeps Palp alive long enough to blast his aoe stun.)