Since donations help a guild grow. Should different levels of donations be rewarded?

Groo1
9 posts Member
edited March 2019
Donations are one of the keys to growing a successful guild. I think it would help if donations were rewarded within the game. Some sort of reward program promoting donations. A special ability you can only get by donating.

Since donations help a guild grow. Should different levels of donations be rewarded? 12 votes

Yes I agree
50%
EnderGamer87Groo1theatomicpunNoomiZEffAPublicEyeDKisakee 6 votes
No I disagree
50%
EventineElessedilleefBulldog1205jhbuchholzHuatimusDarth_Caedus 6 votes
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No I disagree
    No, mainly because generally speaking everyone in my guild needs the same gear. If they would reward donations we would have to start requesting gear we've all got thousands of.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I agree
    leef wrote: »
    No, mainly because generally speaking everyone in my guild needs the same gear. If they would reward donations we would have to start requesting gear we've all got thousands of.

..which is - sorry - a dumb decision. This will block requests for needed items and won't help anyone. And by the way no one said the rewards have to be top notch, some credits for every 100 items spent can be enough.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    No I disagree
    Kisakee wrote: »

..which is - sorry - a dumb decision. This will block requests for needed items and won't help anyone. And by the way no one said the rewards have to be top notch, some credits for every 100 items spent can be enough.

Same situation, everyone in my guild wants the same gear, different reason for saying no. Since we all want/need the same gear guild donations don't really help us. Gear just shuffles around and progression occurs at the same pace it would without donations.

Guild donations are an area where CG has an opportunity to make huge improvement. It's pretty useless as is.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No I disagree
    Kisakee wrote: »

okay...
    No one wants to donate "needed items" because we all need the same gear. There aren't alot of gear requests in my guild due to that reason. You can also request lower value gear at a higher quantity.
    Obviously if the rewards are not worth the hassle we don't need to start requesting the gear pieces we've all got thousands off, but what would be the point of rewarding donating if it won't be worth it?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Yes I agree
    Maybe I need to be more specific. Rewards based on number of donations. A community is all about helping each other. When someone donates everyone in the guild wins by a building a community, which will be stronger in TW, TB, and all the raids.

Players have gear they are not farming, so why not donate it to grow the guild?
  • Options
    No I disagree
    Groo1 wrote: »
    Maybe I need to be more specific. Rewards based on number of donations. A community is all about helping each other. When someone donates everyone in the guild wins by a building a community, which will be stronger in TW, TB, and all the raids.

Players have gear they are not farming, so why not donate it to grow the guild?

Because everybody asks for Stun Guns.
  • Options
    No I disagree
    I guess I disagree with the premise that donating helps gears grow. We basically all need the same thing. If I don’t need it now I will need it later.