I can't figure out the new philosophy behind the sim slider

Darth_DeVito
1233 posts Member
edited March 2019
I thought the slider was supposed to default to the maximum. Instead, what happens is this: I'm farming a 20 energy DS node with only 30 energy left, so of course the slider is at 1. But then I hit multi-sim and confirm the prompt to purchase energy with crystals. Now I'd expect the slider to be set to max, in this case 6. Instead, it still defaults to 1 because it remembers the previous setting.

So now I go the oldfashioned route of manually maxing the slider. But then I buy another energy refresh, and now I only have 1 attempt left on this node. After refreshing the node for 25 crystals, the slider is again at 1 instead of being maxed. To add to the confusion, I now remember that I have plenty of fleet energy left and decide to farm the same character on a fleet node. Now the slider does move all the way to the right.

My point is, there is no rhyme or reason to the current behavior and it's difficult to find a good workflow. Either the slider should always be maxed, or always remember our last setting, or always default to one. I don't really care which one it is, I'd just like some consistency.

Replies

• Options
    PS: It probably is consistent insofar that it remembers the last setting for this type of energy, just not over multiple days or sessions or whatever. But it doesn't feel consistent this way, and I think the change missed the goal of making it easier for those of us who'd like the slider to be set to max sims most of the time since this is rarely ever the case.
  • Options
    Put the slider back to a single sim default, that is the only acceptable solution from my perspective.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Or get used to it, it's been two months (see date in OP).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    The slider changed? Lol. I just look at where it is and put it where I want it....
  • Options
    Yes the slider changed. Don't act like you didn't notice. Why would you make a comment thats only perpose is to invalidate what has been a problem for others but just not for you? If it really doesn't matter to you, then why comment on this thread. No one needs to know that you don't care.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It goes to max when you first enter an area, but if you set it or it is set to a different value (due to energy or attempts left), and you refresh energy that last setting is saved.

It has always been that way, even when they default was 1. That part actually didnt change.
  • Neusicle
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Most the complaints are about it going to max when you first enter an area, not about what gets saved. I don't see anyone complaining about things that haven't been changed as far as sims go. Ignoring this issue will not make it go away.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    And most people have gotten used to it.
  • Neusicle
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Nope. Next.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    If I was wrong people would still be complaining about it and you wouldn't need to keep bumping threads from March.
  • Options
    I don't keep making threads about it because as heinous and abhorrent as the sim slider change is, I don't ever expect it to be changed back. I still complain about it every chance I get, here on the forum and to random people I pass on the street. Just because people get used to something doesn't mean it's not bad; the change of slider default from single to max sims remains the greatest injustice I've ever witnessed, regardless of whether or not people get used to it.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Well at least you have a sense of perspective about it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Just because people get used to something doesn't mean it's not bad; the change of slider default from single to max sims remains the greatest injustice I've ever witnessed, regardless of whether or not people get used to it.

Once people got used to it, they realized it's actually much better.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Well at least you have a sense of perspective about it.
    leef wrote: »
    Just because people get used to something doesn't mean it's not bad; the change of slider default from single to max sims remains the greatest injustice I've ever witnessed, regardless of whether or not people get used to it.
    Once people got used to it, they realized it's actually much better.

I'm just trying to add a little humor to the situation. But I do really dislike the max sim default and I honestly don't think that just because people have gotten used to it means it is better. For my style of play it is much worse. I never intentionally sim the max amount that is possible. I have mostly gotten used to the change, but I still occasionally sim a bunch of battles on accident when I only wanted to do 1 if I'm tired/drunk/in a hurry etc. This never used to happen in the past, so from my perspective the slider default change has produced a negative effect on my game experience. The way it was before, you had to make 1 extra click if you wanted the max amount of sims, but there was no chance of using more energy than you intended. Saving 1 click is not that big a deal and it certainly is not worth the increased risk of the player using more energy than they wanted to.

• Neusicle
    15 posts Member
    Options
    If I was wrong people would still be complaining about it and you wouldn't need to keep bumping threads from March.

Ahh, but you are wrong and people are still complaining about it.
    Next.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Neusicle wrote: »

Ahh, but you are wrong and people are still complaining about it.
    Next.

"next"
    hahah
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I don't remember a single complaint here in a good month or two until you spammed every thread you could find with the same copy/paste complaint. Then a second person tried a joke that failed to land.

I'm sure there's some people out there that don't like it. That's fine. I'm comfortable in my assumption that most rational people have gotten over it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Most the complaints are about it going to max when you first enter an area, not about what gets saved. I don't see anyone complaining about things that haven't been changed as far as sims go. Ignoring this issue will not make it go away.

@Neusicle did you read the OP?
    I thought the slider was supposed to default to the maximum. Instead, what happens is this: I'm farming a 20 energy DS node with only 30 energy left, so of course the slider is at 1. But then I hit multi-sim and confirm the prompt to purchase energy with crystals. Now I'd expect the slider to be set to max, in this case 6. Instead, it still defaults to 1 because it remembers the previous setting.

So now I go the oldfashioned route of manually maxing the slider. But then I buy another energy refresh, and now I only have 1 attempt left on this node. After refreshing the node for 25 crystals, the slider is again at 1 instead of being maxed. To add to the confusion, I now remember that I have plenty of fleet energy left and decide to farm the same character on a fleet node. Now the slider does move all the way to the right.

My point is, there is no rhyme or reason to the current behavior and it's difficult to find a good workflow. Either the slider should always be maxed, or always remember our last setting, or always default to one. I don't really care which one it is, I'd just like some consistency.

As you can see there that is exactly what he is complaining about.

I was nearly pointing out that what he is discussing is consistent and is consistent with what we did have previously, at least in that regard.
  • Options
    Yes the slider changed. Don't act like you didn't notice. Why would you make a comment thats only perpose is to invalidate what has been a problem for others but just not for you? If it really doesn't matter to you, then why comment on this thread. No one needs to know that you don't care.

Problem? Where is the problem?

Next.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Franke
    122 posts Member
    Options
    ...No i won't do it...
    Next 🛌