This GA map has to go!!

This GA map is 100% terrible and needs to never comeback! That is all.

Replies

• Options
    Agreed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    +100000000

It's like they sit around and say "People seem to like this.....how can we make it horrible?"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Why though? This map is designed to test your effectiveness on offense. No speculation involved, just your best against the opponent
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Why though? This map is designed to test your effectiveness on offense. No speculation involved, just your best against the opponent

You mean no strategy? No planning? You're right about one thing. No speculation (or brain) needed...apparently by whoever thought of it either.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    i like all the variations of all the maps...this one is nice cuz there is no hiding...wut uc is wut u get! so bring it! or don't....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I guess if there is a plus side, the rewards are absolute garbage now, so no big deal. Trash map, trash rewards. Makes sense.

Apparently 7 circles was too much to code.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'm OK with it. I feel kinda naked with my fleet just sitting there all by its lonesome, but the usual format typically has people hiding their junky fleets behind strong ground squads. With this format in the mix, there's an incentive to actually work on your fleets beyond "bare minimum to complete the daily challenges."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm OK with it. I feel kinda naked with my fleet just sitting there all by its lonesome, but the usual format typically has people hiding their junky fleets behind strong ground squads. With this format in the mix, there's an incentive to actually work on your fleets beyond "bare minimum to complete the daily challenges."

Except that there is no incentive, since your matched with people who are the same GP as you are. Meaning, if you have a mediocre fleet, your opponents probably do too.

• TaviRus
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I just dislike that the graphic is bugged and only shows 4 teams instead of 5 (2m bracket). Last time this happened, I beat all my opponents because none of them set a full defense
  • Options
    TaviRus wrote: »
    I just dislike that the graphic is bugged and only shows 4 teams instead of 5 (2m bracket). Last time this happened, I beat all my opponents because none of them set a full defense

Totally agree with this! It's frustrating to set all 4 visible, then notice 4/6 set...come on, don't be lazy and show 6 little placeholders. Love that 1/2 is the fleet though, since I actually prioritize my fleet, and finally, no penalty for that this time around.
  • Options
    This map sucks for me, but I feel may be good for lower level and lower GP GAs.

Lower level has players setting 1 revan squad in the front, and if you don't have it, or your opponent don't have it, that's the game.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Add me to the think this map sucks camp

I mean what in the sam hell is even going on with this map? I can't even tell for sure how many squads I need to set?

I am 1.2GP so lowest bracket. Ships out in front seems really dumb, there is a zone behind them with no circle in it, am I putting anything in that zone or is it going to sit there empty? If it just stays empty, that is ALSO DUMB

Then on the other side, I see 2 circles in front, but an indicator showing 0/3? Does anyone @CG have some common sense, seriously?

I "think" I see what is up here. There are two lines separating front and back zones, those are completely misleading on this crazy map. In the case of ships, there appears to be no back, which again I think is stupid. Then on the other side there IS a back zone, but it is not labeled separately, instead it just makes up 1/3 and you have to go by the circle as the correct indicator. Good grief

I'll give them credit for trying to be creative and trying something new, I think, but at least shoot for some clarity when doing so

• Options
    Or am I wrong on my assumption that there is a back zone in the north for squads, and it is only one zone even though they show a circle in the back?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    This map variant is not new.

There are only two zones per side: upper is squads, lower is fleet.

The squad/fleet counters at map level are new and clearly indicate number of available spaces and deployed squads. Previously you had to view each zone's detail page to see that.