Timeouts in arena is way outdated

jjkriv
429 posts Member
With the way the power creep and meta/mirror teams in arena,its time to remove the time limit all together or add a few more minutes to it,no reason to be timing out anymore.

Replies

• Options
    other than people locking you from moving during you payout, any increase to the time limit would really hurt your ability to move in arena.
  • iBics
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Get good so u dont time out...
    Wanna spend even more time playing in the arenas?
  • Options
    Remove timeout and then once first place has done their dailies watch them turn on an emulator somewhere and just have them locked in a battle against no2 or vice versa for the whole day
  • Options
    I agree if your timing out then you have an under modded team. I don't think I've time out more than 2 times Traya v Traya took me longer to do than the Revan matchups.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I can assure you my teams are well modded but so are my opponents,I lurk in the 40- 50 range on a day 1 shard so timeouts are occuring 50% of the time,the revan mirror matches are the worst,if we had 1 more minute added,it wouldnt hurt.

I love the "get gud" comment,what are you 5?
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Timing out occurs when you have the meta characters, but lack quality mods and/or skill.

With this particular meta, it is easy to slowly chip away at a team, but it doesn't mean you deserve to win.

🙄 another “git gud” comment. No, timing out in arena can be due to several other factors as well. RNG plays a HUGE factor. Yes, it’s often a modding issue but I’ve timed out simply due to the poor mechanics of this current meta.
  • Options
    I think in arena...there should be a tipping point where you dont lose even if you dont clear all five characters...like if there is one opposing toon left at time out
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    I can assure you my teams are well modded but so are my opponents,I lurk in the 40- 50 range on a day 1 shard so timeouts are occuring 50% of the time,the revan mirror matches are the worst,if we had 1 more minute added,it wouldnt hurt.

How do you explain that some players almost never time out, but others apparantly time out 50% of the time?
    "Git gud" may very well be the sollution to your problems, how childish it may sound in your opinion.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    jjkriv wrote: »

How do you explain that some players almost never time out, but others apparantly time out 50% of the time?
    "Git gud" may very well be the sollution to your problems, how childish it may sound in your opinion.

Strategy, mods, and attack order. RNG does play a factor but you need to learn the order of attack and who to take out.

I am not sure if you remember the game without GW simming but it was a great way to learn how to take down teams....albeit a very frustrating way at times.