Darth Revan will bring balance to the arena

Prev1
Very well designed character! people who rely on Traya and Jedi Revan might just have a hard time beating him, but i think older teams like JT Rey, Cluke, Ewoks and Bounty Hunters might be good counters to Darth Revan. Might we see a diverse meta again? I really hope so! The kit for Darth Revan is so unique and it really changes things up for this current meta. With some creative thinking i feel people will be figuring out new teams to beat him. Thats much better than EVERYONE running Jedi Revan in arena. Well done devs!

Thank you very much for giving us the character a majority of people have been asking for from the beginning of this game and making him live up to the hype!

Replies

• Options
    I don’t think it looks as open as you do. I have less faith in the teams you mentioned vs him then you I guess. I might have missed something but NS might be solid in this match up
  • Options
    JTR? Done.
    CLS? Done.
    JKR? Done.
    Ewoks? Done.

It's not gonna be diverse. It's gonna be Jedi Revan part 2.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    I don’t think it looks as open as you do. I have less faith in the teams you mentioned vs him then you I guess. I might have missed something but NS might be solid in this match up

Boba Fett will be having a field day executing Sith Empire dudes with all their Ferocity debuffs.....remeber his SA deals bonus damage per buff AND debuff that is dispelled? massive damage and they can't be revived. Boba lead also gives BH's a speed boost per debuffed enemy which DR makes it a lot easier. DR teams seem to love criting also so a Boba BH team with zBarris could be quite good. My Bounty hunter team with zBarris heals my BH's for 13-17k when they get critted depending on the character. All that potency % BH's have gets turned into max health. So for example....210% potency means take their max hp and muliply that by 2.1. lots of hp for zbarris to heal for when they get critted.
  • Options
    JTR: BB-8 throws Secret Intel, JTR debuffs BSF which makes her lose TM, does plenty of damage, gives her ferocity which makes her take even more damage, and if even one expose lands, RT smashes her and 3P0 will finish her off if needed.

CLS: As long as the assists don't target Revan, their assists and massive crits with take apart the team with ease. Speed is the factor here.

JKR: Defintiely done. They're gonna get rekt lol

Ewoks: I honestly don't know.

Grievous: Will make a return and with the massive damage they do + Revan's defense dropping, they'll take them out.

Bounty Hunters: Have a possibility. It depends on DR's stats, honestly. But they still hold a possibility with Embo, Bossk, and Jango (L).
  • Options
    At no point will Ewoks stand a chance against DSR

JT Rey will get screwed because of all the health steals and tenacity...also foresight removal.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    JTR: BB-8 throws Secret Intel, JTR debuffs BSF which makes her lose TM

If even one of the debuffs land, she'll be immune to the tmr.
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

JT Rey will get screwed because of all the health steals and tenacity...also foresight removal.

you say that now...but have you ever gone against a good Ewok team? they can beat even good Revan teams. Paploo can definetly be faster than any sith on the DR teams and then the TM train starts rolling and the ewoks start taking turn after turn after turn. Logray will take away turn meter from people like Bastilla Fallen wit his Hypnotize SA.

Don't underestimate the murder bears. they will poke you to death and then feast on the remains. Remember in Return of the Jedi....they will eat wookies and humans. And if they come across some now "empty" stormtrooper helmets they will turn them into musical instruments. =)
  • Options
    JTR is gonna have a hard time since all the debuffs will make the enemy faster, as well as making them immune to TMR. Not to mention that all the shock and fear is going to keep your team from gaining TM.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    obikenobi1 wrote: »

you say that now...but have you ever gone against a good Ewok team? they can beat even good Revan teams. Paploo can definetly be faster than any sith on the DR teams and then the TM train starts rolling and the ewoks start taking turn after turn after turn. Logray will take away turn meter from people like Bastilla Fallen wit his Hypnotize SA.

Don't underestimate the murder bears. they will poke you to death and then feast on the remains. Remember in Return of the Jedi....they will eat wookies and humans. And if they come across some now "empty" stormtrooper helmets they will turn them into musical instruments. =)

I am not sure how serious you are but clearly I am wrong by the dominance of Ewoks in arena.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    JTR you can forget about. Just like any team that has Foresight.

But I might agree with the OP. This team should technically bring balance, however due to the popularity of new characters and the satisfaction of running Sith, I assume that DR will become the clear dominant team. This might lead to balance as well because I don’t see that team holding too well defensively, you know with all characters guaranteed to have at least -150% Defense and Tenacity at all times...
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

The debuffs don't need to land, the more they get resisted, the more TMR. And I thought JTR's TMR was unresistable? I may be wrong then, so maybe JTR doesn't have a chance.
  • Options

The debuffs don't need to land, the more they get resisted, the more TMR. And I thought JTR's TMR was unresistable? I may be wrong then, so maybe JTR doesn't have a chance.

you can't land expose on DSR teams with all the tenacity...then you get the deathmark and foresight removal...JTR would be dead pretty fast.
  • Options
    My boy Finn is back in there!
  • Options

Good luck landing exposes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Good luck landing exposes.

with -15% tenacity per stack of ferocity that shouldn't really be a problem.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    ... I don’t see that team holding too well defensively, you know with all characters guaranteed to have at least -150% Defense and Tenacity at all times...

Since defense and tenacity both have a floor (0% and 15%, respectively), that -150% isn't going to matter much at all. They could all have -999999999% each and it would be exactly the same.

• Options

you can't land expose on DSR teams with all the tenacity...then you get the deathmark and foresight removal...JTR would be dead pretty fast.

lmao WHAT tenacity? BSF and Revan gain bonus tenacity, but lose that very very very quickly due to their own abilities. Letting BB-8 hit twice (from all the TM gain) gives TenDown which makes the exposes guaranteed and allow the team to flourish further.
  • Options
    Seems like the “immune to TMR” clause was put in there to specifically target JTR, so my guess is they’ve tested it out against her and made sure DR can win. EP, on the other hand, will give your team oodles of TM every time those 5 stacks of ferocity expose. Probably gonna see a counter of EP, Vader, triumvirate (with alternates of Thrawn and SiT, but Traya will be required to get rid of corrupted battle meditation).
  • Options
    Thrawn for sure.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    JTR: BB-8 throws Secret Intel, JTR debuffs BSF which makes her lose TM, does plenty of damage, gives her ferocity which makes her take even more damage, and if even one expose lands, RT smashes her and 3P0 will finish her off if needed.

CLS: As long as the assists don't target Revan, their assists and massive crits with take apart the team with ease. Speed is the factor here.

Grievous: Will make a return and with the massive damage they do + Revan's defense dropping, they'll take them out.

Bounty Hunters: Have a possibility. It depends on DR's stats, honestly. But they still hold a possibility with Embo, Bossk, and Jango (L).
    You have grossly overestimated Grievous. Darth Revan’s leadership nullifies Grievous’s in every way. Greivous does TM removal? Revan and his team is immune to that. Lowered defense? Revan’s team is already going to have very low defense, so it is useless. Stacking potency? Revan will already lower the tenacity of all of his allies, making the stacking potency useless. They will get feared, debuffed, and outsped by Revan. Grievous has no chance. Grievous takes time to build his health up to damage, and deathmarked will be the death of him, because all of his survivability is in his health. Even if he somehow did survive long enough to build up his damage, the Revan team will have so many stacks of ferocity at this point that they will have two to three times as much speed as Grievous.
  • Options
    Very well designed character! people who rely on Traya and Jedi Revan might just have a hard time beating him, but i think older teams like JT Rey, Cluke, Ewoks and Bounty Hunters might be good counters to Darth Revan. Might we see a diverse meta again? I really hope so! The kit for Darth Revan is so unique and it really changes things up for this current meta. With some creative thinking i feel people will be figuring out new teams to beat him. Thats much better than EVERYONE running Jedi Revan in arena. Well done devs!

Thank you very much for giving us the character a majority of people have been asking for from the beginning of this game and making him live up to the hype!

Umm he takes away foresight. Rey relys on that
  • Options
    Seems like the “immune to TMR” clause was put in there to specifically target JTR, so my guess is they’ve tested it out against her and made sure DR can win. EP, on the other hand, will give your team oodles of TM every time those 5 stacks of ferocity expose. Probably gonna see a counter of EP, Vader, triumvirate (with alternates of Thrawn and SiT, but Traya will be required to get rid of corrupted battle meditation).

Corrupted Battle Meditation can't be dispelled, but the team might still work with the TM gain, unless they have protection up.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I hope you are right, but I think you are wrong.

Feared, staggered, exposed, shocked, (cant gain TM or heal), or reduce TM or inflict ability block teams that can't counter or crit or gain Foresight and have offense, Crit Damage, Evasion and Speed, and crit chance down doesn't seem like a very good recipie for success for everyone else.

You know I kinda jokingly commented about old Revans Mark ability that the only new ability that would be more powerful would be "pick an opposing enemy to be instantly defeated."

Looks like I may have been wrong about that.

Edit: Forgot Crit Damage, Evasion and Speed Down. ;)
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Players: Jedi Revan has taken over the entire top of the arena meta. He’s way too OP!!!

CG: Too OP, you say? Hold my beer....
  • Hortus
    624 posts Member
    Options
    Very well designed character! people who rely on Traya and Jedi Revan might just have a hard time beating him, but i think older teams like JT Rey, Cluke, Ewoks and Bounty Hunters might be good counters to Darth Revan.

Ewoks for sure. DR will just die laughing.

JTR team's exposes on crit are unresistable. Not sure if it will help against DR though.
  • InRevanWeTrust
    68 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Last I checked. RJT can't ignore taunt and most DR teams will run SiT since he starts with taunt so you're forced to mind trick him instead.

Once you do that. Even if you land a stun or ability block on badstila... look at DRs kit. All sith empire dispel themselves from those effects and DR and Badstila will have nearly 100k health or more + over 30k protection. And all your opener damage won't hit extra harder since the stacks of ferocity only go up once a sith empire takes a turn or if you stun/ability block them. And most people will likely run sith marauder he gains 2% crit, offense and potency PER debuff on all characters and gains 20% turn meter when people take a out of turn. And 10% defense, tenacity and life steal for all buffs on all characters. From 3p0s x3 buff on all 5 which builds up quickly. That would give marauder 150% defense, tenacity and life steal from that alone.

CLS will be even worse imo. They have nothing to stop badstila since she dispels herself from stun. Every smart DR team will make badstila the fastest and I have mod set to 297 speed and remember there's 0 stacks of ferocity at the start and she has over 100k health and 30k protection. Once she takes a turn.... that group medallion debuff on CLS is an instant counter. They lose immediately after that since badstila will land fear and debuffs everywhere on top of everyone else's stuff

Sorry for the long response but just a theory too on the above. I guess we'll see

Edit: and the medallion debuff that lands on all once badstila takes a turn. Cant be dispelled. It causes CLS and RJT to lose 60% crit chance which makes RT useless if those crits to land expose dont land and that counter chance counters CLS.
    Post edited by InRevanWeTrust on
  • Options
    The fear component defeats all of these teams. When I first looked at DR, all I could think of was that my CLS team was going to get crushed. I rely on Turnmeter control and DR stops that. I don’t see any of these teams even getting any sort of attempt on DR. I can sometimes beat a JKR with CLS, but don’t see any chance with DR.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The fear component defeats all of these teams. When I first looked at DR, all I could think of was that my CLS team was going to get crushed. I rely on Turnmeter control and DR stops that. I don’t see any of these teams even getting any sort of attempt on DR. I can sometimes beat a JKR with CLS, but don’t see any chance with DR.

EDIT: Nope. Immune to stun and ability block and most of the time TM reduction. The TM reduction will work on his open but probably not after that.
    Post edited by VonZant on