P1 JTR question

Hi,
A quick question please, I have RT g12 + multi tool, Rey G11. I normally score 5.5m - 6.2m in tier 6 - but Rey almost always gets higher damage than RT.

From what I know (and I might be wrong!) RT should be the top hitter in that team, if this is true, can I please have some tips on how to boost RT score. Thank you!

Side question: is the damage output in-line with T6 or should I be aiming for a higher score?

https://swgoh.gg/squads/147753/

Replies

• Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    You need offense on trooper, he gets to from exposes so get him offense mod, full numbers not %
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    And scores of around 5mil are possible.. I got 4.5 to 5.5 with mine..https://swgoh.gg/p/897311786/characters/?f=Resistance
    You’ll also need g12 on bb8 for health steal etc..
  • Options
    A critical damage triangle would go a long way to boosting your score.
  • Options
    All good advice here. But yes, remod for Critical damage and Critical chance sets.

Primary wise, your Arrow should be switched from speed to offense, you should have a critical damage triangle, and an offense cross.

Secondaries should have a main focus on flat offense numbers (aim for mods with few offense upgrades, ideally +80-100 or better offense on every mod), then critical chance %, then offense %. You don’t need speed, because every new Expose the team applies gains you TM due to his unique.

Your total crit chance should be as close to 60% as possible (Inspirational Presence gives you 30%, Combat Analysis another 10% - this should apply to everybody on your JTR raid lineup!) so you are pushing his special attack on DN whenever possible (the stacking tenacity means your potency and the basic Expose only really have a chance to hit an extra Expose if it is the first attack or two after DN’s turn. Basic is okay on the adds for a possible double Expose, unless DN is also exposed because) you want that special attack to be constantly pushing back exposed DN’s turn meter, and all critical hits have a 70% chance to inflict irresistible Expose.

Do all that and watch Troopers score shoot through the roof! Happy hunting!
  • Options
    That's great help thank you! much appreciate your advice :)
  • Options
    An alternative strategy is go to 3 critical chance sets on the RT, all of them focused on offense, critical chance and critical damage (anything other than those 3 and potency is pretty much a wasted stat).
  • Options
    Altazarus wrote: »
    An alternative strategy is go to 3 critical chance sets on the RT, all of them focused on offense, critical chance and critical damage (anything other than those 3 and potency is pretty much a wasted stat).

Well, sure, you could. But if I may ask, why?

resistance trooper already has a pretty good base crit chance. (Mine is 43.71% base, and admittedly, I do have the bayonet and the multi-tool equipped for g12 pieces, so one more piece than the OP, and that bayonet does provide some crit chance)

Rey (Jedi Training) provides an additional 30% crit chance (73.71%)

R2D2 provides an additional 10% crit chance (83.71%)

One level 15 5 dot mod crit chance set provides 8% critical chance (91.71%)

So a second would add an additional 8%, leaving us just 0.29% shy of 100% critical chance, so that is very easy to find as a secondary, the third set is just overage, but adding a second or third set nullifies the possibility of 30% bonus critical damage from having a crit damage set on every hit (8-10% crit chance really is pretty easy to accumulate across 6 mods - and all of this completely skips the fact that a large portion of the fight will be spent with additional crit chance and and crit damage up from Illuminated Destiny, it is mostly there to assist in getting that first turn rip of ID off before DN gets his first turn.

It’s just very hard for me to justifying the crit damage loss for a triple mod set that shouldn’t/isn’t needed to gain 100% crit chance anyway.
    (And you will see my recommendations in my previous post that offense primaries and secondaries, Crit Chance secondaries, along with a crit damage triangle align closely with your own - I do feel that potency -strictly speaking of Sith Raid modding - is largely wasted on him, due both to the stacking tenacity and the higher damage ceiling, dispel, and TM reduction from RJT lead that the special can provide. But yes, if you can add potency while staying in line with the damage modifying stats, by all means, it can’t possibly hurt!)

However, I am not the be all and end all of swgoh knowledge, if I am missing something there that makes a triple Crit Chance mod set up better, I would gladly welcome further discourse!
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Swap rey scavenger for c3po and watch your score go higher too. I average 6.5m in p1, min restarts if any and usually get close to that 15%. Not got my best mods on that team anymore otherwise I'd be getting closer to 8m
  • Options
    Sadly I don's have c3po yet.
    I tried swapping mods and I scored 6.4m in phase 3, which was nice - so thank you!
    I am planning to swap Rey with Finn once the rework is done (hopefully this side of Xmas!!)
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Swap rey scavenger for c3po and watch your score go higher too. I average 6.5m in p1, min restarts if any and usually get close to that 15%. Not got my best mods on that team anymore otherwise I'd be getting closer to 8m

C3po is a waste for p1, hes better in p3 with finn, can solo it

You mean until they 'fix it right?'