Marauder Request

DarthPurgatory
626 posts Member
edited March 2019
How difficult would it be to add a counter to his character that visually indicates what kind of gains he's achieved as a result of his passive?

I know, I know..."count the buffs / debuffs" but that will take time in PvP matches, and a visual aid would just reflect much quicker how boosted he is and help you keep track of his status.
Porgatory demands fresh souls.

Replies

• Options
    This would be really helpful, cause i suspect he will be a staple for the next meta
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    As someone who's had a g12 Marauder for way too long, I can assure you it's not going to make any difference being able to count the buffs. Unless DRevan makes him stupidly OP, he hits like a wet noodle regardless of buffs/debuffs.

He is however slightly better in PVe so it's possible something is up with his PVP stats
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    As someone who's had a g12 Marauder for way too long, I can assure you it's not going to make any difference being able to count the buffs. Unless DRevan makes him stupidly OP, he hits like a wet noodle regardless of buffs/debuffs.

He is however slightly better in PVe so it's possible something is up with his PVP stats

What? This is not my experience at all. My Marauder hits REALLY hard, especially in Raids and other PvE.
  • Options
    Speculation, but considering that DR gives his team 5 debuffs each, and Marauder gains 2% offense per debuff....that's 10% offense per character, 50% on his own squad + whatever the enemy DR gives his team, and whatever you inflict on them...I think he'll be fine.
  • Options
    Basically, you might need to re-mod yours. Mine sees pretty good crit damage, and another guildy at G12 sees 20k crits under Traya lead with testing.
  • Options
    Speculation, but considering that DR gives his team 5 debuffs each, and Marauder gains 2% offense per debuff....that's 10% offense per character, 50% on his own squad + whatever the enemy DR gives his team, and whatever you inflict on them...I think he'll be fine.

Plus the bonus from Ferocity
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    How difficult would it be to add a counter to his character that visually indicates what kind of gains he's achieved as a result of his passive?

I know, I know..."count the buffs / debuffs" but that will take time in PvP matches, and a visual aid would just reflect much quicker how boosted he is and help you keep track of his status.

Tried the new UI? If you collapse the buffs it gives you a handy number over everyone's head.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Not what I'm asking for here, but thanks for the input.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    In case there's any further confusion, I'm specifically referring to a Marauder specific status counter that indicates a fluctuating number based on in-game actions such as:

+50% Defense, +50% Health Steal, +50% Tenacity, +100% Offense, +100% Potency, +100% Critical Chance.
  • Options
    I don't see the use in knowing the exact numbers all I need to know is more status effects = more damage. So more the merrier
  • Options
    Call it knowing for the sake of curiosity, and boosting theorycrafting with hard data. Just because you don't see the value in it does't mean nobody else will.
  • Options
    Call it knowing for the sake of curiosity, and boosting theorycrafting with hard data. Just because you don't see the value in it does't mean nobody else will.

I would rather Dev's spend time on bugs, getting new releases right, act. You have hard data use your toes if need be.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    *yawn*

They have a team working on a variety of items. If you can't handle someone requesting another item on that list, that's your problem. Kindly take your witty criticisms elsewhere and stop cluttering up this thread.
  • Options
    Will do.
    Friendly tip before I go: if you can't handle witty criticism your on the wrong internet.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Once again, *yawn*.

@Kyno , would you please clean this clutter up?
  • Options

I understand your request to make it easier, but all of the info is there for you. The new UI makes counting debuffs fairly easy, you just have to do the math. The bonuses are very easy to memorize if it’s important to you. While beneficial, showing exact bonuses is just not a feature that is likely worth the effort to code.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I understand your point that everything is there, and the new UI has been delightful since implementation.

The fact is, the same request with Sabine's Shred was made long before it was visible in-game, and the same "just count it yourself" crowd spoke against it....and now it's just appealing to see it there in front of you.

It's not that I can't keep up with this stuff; it's that I (and apparently a few others early on this thread) wouldn't mind a little Quality of Life update with this character.

You have every reason that you believe in to find it silly and unnecessary. I believe the opposite. The glorious thing about the Internet is we're both allowed to express it.

And I'm in the appropriate place to make my request, where the appropriate people will see it. That seems hard to grasp for some people.