For anyone who spends a lot

Prev13456
I spent quite a bit getting ready for the event. There were so many hints and pushing you to start farming and now it’s delayed. Does it make anyone else question whether is worth spending lots prepping for events ? Having spent a lot it’ll be rubbish if everyone has him

Replies

• Options
    Everyone will have him. You wasted your money. Consider it a lesson learned and just let the game die without your hard earned dollars. THat's the message @CG_Carrie is sending
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    One week will certainly not be enough time for “everyone” to prepare. I know lots of people that have been playing for 2 years that don’t even have CLS yet.
  • Options
    I had the last 2 I needed at 6* yesterday, I was under the impression the event was dropping so I purchased packs to get the remaining shards I needed (plus the 200+ shards I got for hk-47, that I didn’t need). I won’t be spending again after this. It really does feel like a waste of money.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Will all the hardcore maniacs have him? Of course, but they would have anyway. I doubt you'll see shards completely saturated with Darth Revans like we have with JKR now.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I know a lot of my friends that won't be getting him. Still I think enough ppl will have him that it won't matter. It should have been launched in schedule so those that did spend to get him could enjoy him for a few months. It does feel like the game is winding down to me though. I started in Jan 2016 while playing other SW games. Now GOH the last one left.
  • Options
    Honestly, the only toons I needed to farm a lot was Juhani and Canderous (I bought Carth and Fallen Bastila with their events).

Both of those toons I farmed just from their nodes and neither was a hard farm.

I can't say I really feel bad about spending the money because I got a lot of early benefit from Carth and Fallen Bastila.

Probably people who don't usually spend but spent a lot of money this time around to get Darth Revan may be mad, but I'm not really bothered.
  • Options
    Doesn't he unlock at 7 stars?
  • Options
    The people complaining now about the delay would have been the same ones to complain if DR had been released untested. "OMG, I spent money on this crap!? I quitz!"
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    The people complaining now about the delay would have been the same ones to complain if DR had been released untested. "OMG, I spent money on this crap!? I quitz!"

Nope...that's fixable. The dilution of a new meta is not.

• Options
    This is a valid question. Although I doubt that the delay will cause a massive influx of additional Darth Revan's next week. Granted we were never given a solid date for the event, we do know that it was planned for a release this morning. Now with a minimum of a 4 day delay in the start, this gives everyone 4 extra days to farm/gear the required characters. Now for additional influx, we would have to speculate that those players that would not be ready would benefit from the extra time. In this category we have 2 types of players. Players that spend money, and F2P. Then we have our second category of players. Players that were preparing for Darth Revan and players that were not.

For the first group it's an easy assumption. Players that spend money are most likely already prepared for this event, and the additional time will not benefit them at all. For the players that don't spend any money any benefit from the additional time at this point is only for gearing those characters. If non spending players don't already have all of the characters to 7* and the gear requirements are G11+ most likely they will not be ready for the event. Also take a look at how much it would have cost for Jedi Revan when he first came out. This number may have dissuaded more players from trying to get Darth Revan during his first event.

For the second group its not so easy. But if I use my guild as an example I am the only player that has been actively farming/preparing for this event. I'm sure there are many guilds out there where nobody has been actively preparing for this event. So we could say the average is perhaps 1 player for every 2-3 guilds is actively preparing for Darth Revan. This is highly speculative, and if I were to use my best guess the number is probably lower than that.

My best guess is that maybe 1 in 10 players that were in one of those two groups will benefit from this delay. Could be higher, or lower but that's not what matters. Although this delay sucks does it really give the majority of players a boost to getting this character the first time around? Not really. At the end of the day, we'll probably be looking at having a similar number of Darth Revan's when his event is over as we had Jedi Revan't when that event first ended.
  • Options
    Such a shame for EA. They officially posted the date on March 21 and then they chenged the mind that might be released this week. Please do not over-predict if you are not prepared net. Just frustrated that I spent a lot to prepare this event and they delay several times.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    First lesson of efficient spending, don't spend until you have to. You should not have bought any packs yet as the event wasn't live yet and when it is, you have a week to do the same amount of spending.

CG is not to blame on this, your poor resource (includes $$$) management is.

That's pretty ridiculous...what about those who had to farm ahead to get them? It's my fault for being prepared?

• Options
    First lesson of efficient spending, don't spend until you have to. You should not have bought any packs yet as the event wasn't live yet and when it is, you have a week to do the same amount of spending.

Absolutely, it’s everybody else’s fault that CG couldn’t take 1 minute out of the day to say “Hey guys, just a quick update but it looks like the event won’t be ready for today or tomorrow like we promised. Stay tuned”.
    Totally our fault.
  • Options
    I feel now they have two options. Keep the same difficulty and then more people get him (people who have already spent are disadvantaged) or up the gear requirement further to limit it (becomes even more expensive for those who have already spent money). I feel like I’ve been a good customer but I lose both ways in this scenario 🤔
  • Options
    I am operating in that oddly specific strata of folk who was not going to be ready today and now might be due to the delay. I've got 70 Juhani shards left to grind. 7 days felt risky but 10 feels doable, assuming the event runs for 7 days. I probably would have spent to get the crystals for a 25 shard boost to finish it off and now i won't (probably.) But I think it is a pretty small section of folk in my situation; the rest of my guild was either ready today or so far away as to not be worried about it this round.
  • SSB
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Everyone will have him. You wasted your money. Consider it a lesson learned and just let the game die without your hard earned dollars. THat's the message @CG_Carrie is sending

Yup, whether it was real money or in game saved crystals, it was all useless since everyone will be able to get it
  • Options
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    I am operating in that oddly specific strata of folk who was not going to be ready today and now might be due to the delay. I've got 70 Juhani shards left to grind. 7 days felt risky but 10 feels doable, assuming the event runs for 7 days. I probably would have spent to get the crystals for a 25 shard boost to finish it off and now i won't (probably.) But I think it is a pretty small section of folk in my situation; the rest of my guild was either ready today or so far away as to not be worried about it this round.

70 juhani is super doable...you can get 8 a day easily.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Danubiss wrote: »

Absolutely, it’s everybody else’s fault that CG couldn’t take 1 minute out of the day to say “Hey guys, just a quick update but it looks like the event won’t be ready for today or tomorrow like we promised. Stay tuned”.
    Totally our fault.

Didnt they ? Isnt that the post we got from Carrie?
  • Options
    There was never a promised release date. There was an accidental leak of an internal target in a trailer, which leak was immediately pulled, and they then said we would get the event sometime in the next two weeks.

Stop exaggerating and making stuff up.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    “Did they not just post a mentioning that it's delayed and the call was made less than 24 hours ago? Also, they never promised, in fact they said the opposite, lol. I still fail to see how it's their fault if people spent before the go-live date....”

Released a video stating the 21st yesterday, released a post last week stating the 21st. Yesterday they dropped the kit reveal, yesterday they dropped the “road to revan development” post. Yeah I really don’t see how it’s my fault for assuming it was dropping on the 21st.
  • Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    There was never a promised release date. There was an accidental leak of an internal target in a trailer, which leak was immediately pulled, and they then said we would get the event sometime in the next two weeks.

Stop exaggerating and making stuff up.

I don't actually care about the actual date. I care because this meta is already way overdue...it should have came before Revan came back a second time.
  • Options
    Think it’s fair if the event ends when the packs end ? This means it’s effextively the same time frame
  • Options
    “Did they not just post a mentioning that it's delayed and the call was made less than 24 hours ago? Also, they never promised, in fact they said the opposite, lol. I still fail to see how it's their fault if people spent before the go-live date....”

Released a video stating the 21st yesterday, released a post last week stating the 21st. Yesterday they dropped the kit reveal, yesterday they dropped the “road to revan development” post. Yeah I really don’t see how it’s my fault for assuming it was dropping on the 21st.

The trailer was out for about five minutes before they pulled it and replaced the 21st with coming soon. And their post said 1-2 weeks, they never promised the 21st. At most they promised no earlier than the 21st.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Totally our fault.

Didnt they ? Isnt that the post we got from Carrie?

I’m 100% sure you know I’m talking about a doing a post like that yesterday Kyno, you know, so people can be aware it isn’t coming this week in advance.
  • Options
    This is the first toon I spent significant money on. It’ll be the last for sure. I wanted to finally be ahead in the meta but the delay will ensure the majority of my shard gets him. Yay for more mirror matches!!!! Thanks @CG_Carrie