Add on kill bonus to HK lead - he's an assassin droid!

HK lead has been gutted & I'm quite sure that after the update my droids will no longer be able to defeat the final tier of the forest moon event. Add a few tweaks though and I think the community will be more receptive.

If you compare HK's rework vs our obsolete Wedge lead:

HK rework:
"Droid allies have +30% Critical Chance, +20% Critical Damage, and gain 10% Turn Meter on a critical hit."

Wedge:
"Rebel allies have +30% Offense, recover 15% of their Max Health and 10% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit, and recover 25% of their Max Health whenever they defeat an enemy."

The two leads are extremely similar except Wedge gets an on kill bonus.

How about we add an on kill bonus to HK, he's an assassin droid after all.

Eg: add a zeta:
"Whenever an enemy is defeated while HK-47 is active, all droid allies gain 20% Turn Meter, recover 8% Health, 8% Protection and reduce the cool down of assassination protocol by 1."

OK, it sounds OP vs Wedge right now but keep in mind it would be a zeta bonus, the benefits are on kill so loops in raids are still difficult, plus Wedge is obsolete.

Compare this bonus against General Veers Unique zeta which is compatible with multiple Empire leaderships and it feels way less OP:
"Whenever an enemy is defeated while Veers is active, Imperial Trooper allies gain Offense Up for 2 turns, gain 50% Turn Meter, and recover 10% Protection. While Veers is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +15% Critical Chance."

I feel the above suggestion isn't too OP vs existing zeta upgrades, fits HK's assassin protocol theme, opens assassination protocol use outside Darth Revan teams (9 turns is too long without a cool down reducer) & helps prevent droid teams from being benched.

Replies

• Options
    Tweak the bonuses to avoid it being OP, sure, but an on kill bonus fits the assassin droid theme, it won't create infinite raid loops any worse than would already exist with imperial troopers, and it's built into a leadership so it won't unbalance the current Darth Revan tweaks.

Droids are getting nerfed when they don't deserve it, balance the nerf with some on kill bonus buffs.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Options
    That is actually a very good idea
  • Options
    Considering the HK-47 rework already has 2 zeta's, this is never happening. Cause then he would have 3 zeta's and thus be on par with journey characters. I do like the overall idea however. Thou an omega will more than suffice. Also why are you adding the cooldown reduction into this kit. as well as the health recovery (which really isn't that strong by the way). Some droids have those already naturally (chopper, c3po en bb8 of the top of my hat).
    Instead I propose: "Whenever any unit is defeated, all Droid allies recover 20% Protection and Turn Meter".
    Much more simple. And no zeta needed.
  • Options
    Assassination Protocol is a 9 turn cool down and starts on cool down. Nihilus annihilate is similar with an 8 turn cool down and starts on cool down. Both can be cool down reduced but Nihilus reduces his own cool down using force drain but HK requires Darth Revan or Bastila for their unique debuffs. If you want to front a full droid team, you'll likely never get to uses assassination protocol.

Assassination Protocol is likely balanced for a 2 turn cool down before opening (5 fears Darth Revan, 2 fears Bastila Fallen) and it resets it's own cool down when targeting deathmark or fear. Based on the self cool down, it's not going to be anywhere near as powerful as annihilate, yet it's going to take more turns to cool than annihilate without the ability to reduce the cool down in a droid team. Once again, it'll be a null skill, it'll never be used and when it is used in a droid team it'll seem underwhelming.

Hell, alternative could be fulfill certain criteria, reduce cool down, fulfill other criteria, apply deathmark. Bounty Hunters are already getting complicated with their contract / payout system.

Eg: If a droid allies attack drops a meatbag (ie: non-droid) below 100% HP apply fear to that character. If they were also dropped below 50% HP on the same turn, apply deathmark.

I'm not fussed what gets added but preferably offensive rather than defensive & on kill or on HP% triggers like above.

Note: rushed this response as my previous disappeared while typing on my phone.