Finn needs a reason to have advantage

Finn is one of the stars of the new trilogy, but he's pretty bad in GoH. This is because he has an ability that grants advantage to himself. However, advantage doesn't really do anything for him, making it a waste of a turn. When Phasma get advantage her basic does 65% more damage. When FOTP has advantage he has an increased chance to attack twice. Finn needs to receive some sort of bonus when he has advantage to make his ability worthwhile. He could just gain extra damage like Phasma, or he could get a speed increase. His basic could have an effect such as turn meter reduction that only occurs when he has advantage. There's endless possibilities, but he needs a reason to have advantage so that his ability isn't a waste. Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Resets his basic attack (massive first time damage) so he can deal the same damage again or gaining a taunt would be great
  • Options
    Advantage is a bonus all by itself, not saying he isn't weak, but advantage is its own bonus
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Advantage is a bonus all by itself, not saying he isn't weak, but advantage is its own bonus

Advantage by itself does next to nothing. It adds armor penetration, but it's unnoticeable.
  • Options
    Defense/armor is worthless in this game. If a buff is really that useless they need to fix that problem not give him something extra.

In general thou I think any skill that just buffs a single person (like Leia's stealth) is pretty useless and is used horribly by the AI, a long long time ago I once saw the AI use Leia's stealth when she was 1v1 both in red health, was sure I was gonna lose but won, lol
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    It's a really minor reason, but it does grant turn meter to Resistance Trooper in a synergy team.
  • Options
    Finn was a stormtrooper for the First Order, which in this game First Order characters utilize advantage
  • Options
    Maybe Finn needs a unique "everytime an ally gains advantage, that ally also gains 20% turn meter"
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Maybe Finn needs a unique "everytime an ally gains advantage, that ally also gains 20% turn meter"

That's good, but Finn grants advantage only to himself. Phasma is the character that grants advantage to all allies
  • Options

That's good, but Finn grants advantage only to himself. Phasma is the character that grants advantage to all allies

Yeah, but the idea is that Finn in a team with Phasma or FOTP (etc) would give other people TM with some synergy (e.g., FOTP would also gain 20% TM on its Advantage).
  • Options

Yeah, but the idea is that Finn in a team with Phasma or FOTP (etc) would give other people TM with some synergy (e.g., FOTP would also gain 20% TM on its Advantage).

That makes sense. That would make Phasma's special grant 70% TM, which would be killer!
  • Options
    70% TM isn't any more advantageous than 50% for characters that are naturally slower than Phasma, as it is simply going to fill them either way. FOO is really the only one in that synergy that would benefit.
  • Options
    70% TM isn't any more advantageous than 50% for characters that are naturally slower than Phasma, as it is simply going to fill them either way. FOO is really the only one in that synergy that would benefit.

Yes, but faster characters still get a huge advantage.
  • Options
    Not the solution I'm looking for.

I have a max Finn I'd use. I care nothing for First Order
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Arillian wrote: »
    Not the solution I'm looking for.

I have a max Finn I'd use. I care nothing for First Order

What if it doesn't require synergy? It could be something like "Finn gains 30 speed when he has advantage"
  • Options
    The beauty of Finn's ability isn't the advantage, it's the healing. I SE it all the time in GW to top off his health for the next round.