Creating an old republic jedi faction

So I've thought about a way to actually break apart the jkr meta. Same thing they are doing with Sith empire and Darth reven. Create a old republic jedi faction and add a few more OR jedis to round it out.
Then, gmy, gk and hy aren't as good under jkr lead, but OR jedis like bastila jolee and juhani are awesome under jtr OR jedi lead. Like how it is with Darth reven and Sith empire. The jedi still get bonuses from jkr, but like the Sith under Darth reven are still strong just not as strong as Sith empire under Darth reven.

Plus, when they finally rework the republic jedis, and make them great like how gmy is, they wont make jkr super OP again. Easy way to break up this 90% jkr meta.

Let me know your thoughts / comments on this. Just kind of spitballing here.

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Sure. That works.

Part of the game experience when it came out was combining characters from multiple eras and making fun teams. All the synergy and faction stuff takes away from that. I know that it’s a strategy game, and it works story wise but I just like to throw Vader and Zaalbar and Wampa together and smile in satisfaction.
  • Options
    Lol. I'm not saying completely take all the jedi synergy out but like how they're doing it with Darth revan. Itd be nice not to have to deal with gmy getting 1000 attacks cause of jkr bastila and jolee
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    No yeah I get it. It works.
  • Options
    No need to create new faction, just make it OR+ jedi, like sep + droid we have in GG's kit.
  • Options
    Even though I'm running JKR in the upper section of arena, I still think it's a good idea to strip that GMY/GK synergy to spice up the squads.

However, as the OP said, first we need more OR jedi toons, preferably more than just enough for a team. It proves to be quite an advantage in GA when you can strip Bastila from a JKR squad to make two durable jedi teams.
  • Options
    Like the jedi exile some of the several counsel members during kotor 1and the remnants in kotor 2
  • Options
    Or light side kreia. But in all honesty, it's a good idea, just needs a few more OR Jedi 'cause there's only four now. Plus the devs really screwed up the Galactic Republic Jedi. They all have leader abilities and two attacks, except for Plo Koon i think.
  • Options
    Spooderham wrote: »
    Or light side kreia. But in all honesty, it's a good idea, just needs a few more OR Jedi 'cause there's only four now. Plus the devs really screwed up the Galactic Republic Jedi. They all have leader abilities and two attacks, except for Plo Koon i think.

All 15 GR Jedi have leader abilities, and 5 of those 15 have more than two attacks. All of them except GMY and GK could really use a rework.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

In fairness, most of those characters were created in the very early days of the game, when synergy basically didn't exist because there just weren't that many characters and we didn't have all the neat mechanics we have now. I remember happily sinking gear into Mace Windu because a chance of a random expose was actually pretty good back then.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

In fairness, most of those characters were created in the very early days of the game, when synergy basically didn't exist because there just weren't that many characters and we didn't have all the neat mechanics we have now. I remember happily sinking gear into Mace Windu because a chance of a random expose was actually pretty good back then.

Those were the days, when running qgj, mace, barris and gmy was a great team.