Geo Spy and Darth Revan

If attacking a Darth Revan team, would Geo Spy be effective. He could dispel all of Revans ferocity and obliterate him because he deals 40% more damage for each effect on him and the target enemy. Usually Revan would have a ton of ferocity, so this would basically be a one shot, right?
If I have the wrong idea, please tell me.

Replies

• Options
    With geo u need also a buf on him, but if he have one it will be a hard hit for sure xD
    Also boba and vader can hit hard against them just wont hold in defense xD
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    Options
    The problem here is that you are assuming Geo Spy wouldn't be affected by fear and will survive long enough to dispel all the stacks of Ferocity. Keep in mind, 10 stacks of Ferocity means Darth Revan will be hitting very hard before Geo Spy can make a move
  • Options
    Assuming emo bastilla gave Geo Spy all the other debuffs instead of fear, because he could have stealth, he would deal even more damage. So its luck based, right?
    Again correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Boba lead, Vader, geo spy, Zaalbar, Mission. Might work.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    GeoSpy`s kit says it dispells and does extra damage for all "Positive status effects", ferocity is a debuff and so its considered a negative status effect. GeoSpy's ability only works on buffs
  • Options
    Agonis wrote: »
    GeoSpy`s kit says it dispells and does extra damage for all "Positive status effects", ferocity is a debuff and so its considered a negative status effect. GeoSpy's ability only works on buffs

It actually says, if the target had any positive status effects, remove ALL status effects from Geo Spy and the enemy. So it is worded that if they have a buff, they will get everything removed. It may just be worded badly though.
  • Options
    It is worded funny but ive experimented with geospy and his ability has only consumed buffs on the enemy and has always left the debuffs.
  • Options
    It is worded funny but ive experimented with geospy and his ability has only consumed buffs on the enemy and has always left the debuffs.

Ok, thanks. The wording on that is so wierd.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »

I would try IG-88 too. He could help Boba lead and his heavy damage could trash a lot of those puny defenseless sith
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

I would try IG-88 too. He could help Boba lead and his heavy damage could trash a lot of those puny defenseless sith

Agreed
  • Options

The problem with this team is that you probably aren’t getting many attacks off after they’ve stacked debuffs. If they’ve taken turns, then Revan or Bastilla has probably feared you already.

I do agree that Someone like Boba and Vader can be huge weapons here. But you are going to need more CC.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

88 would die before he takes a turn. He's so squishy he may actually die before anyone takes a turn
  • Options
    I doubt this will become useful but T3-M4 has this in his kit.

Droid allies gain 8% Potency and 8% Critical Hit Chance (stacking) each time T3-M4 uses an ability. Also, Droid allies have +8% Critical Damage for each debuff on the enemy team.

Unfortunately by the time this boost is significant fear will be everywhere. If droids had access to an early cleanse then they might just get some massive hits in.

As it stands fear is going to be the major issue, and then you need to punish them hard for the debuffs.
  • Options
    Magnar wrote: »
    I doubt this will become useful but T3-M4 has this in his kit.

Droid allies gain 8% Potency and 8% Critical Hit Chance (stacking) each time T3-M4 uses an ability. Also, Droid allies have +8% Critical Damage for each debuff on the enemy team.

Unfortunately by the time this boost is significant fear will be everywhere. If droids had access to an early cleanse then they might just get some massive hits in.

As it stands fear is going to be the major issue, and then you need to punish them hard for the debuffs.

So droids might be good if you have some nice potency mods.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Options

According to mechanics should definitely be removing debuffs as well:

p4qe78x4no0u.jpg

Are you sure they weren't locked debuffs you were seeing? Or maybe reapps from something like Zader lead?

In any case, it still seems predicated on the other team having a buff, which I'm not sure they'll really get aside from Assassin.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    So I forgot about Sith Trooper. So these are the possible buffs: All of Sass', Trooper's buffs, Offense Up on HK, and possibly a beginning foresight on Bastilla and Revan. If they are running Marauder, he could give them all Potency Up, which seems it would make Spy the most versatile.

Seems like the best bet might be against Trooper though, if you can keep your Spy alive to take a turn.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So I forgot about Sith Trooper. So these are the possible buffs: All of Sass', Trooper's buffs, Offense Up on HK, and possibly a beginning foresight on Bastilla and Revan. If they are running Marauder, he could give them all Potency Up, which seems it would make Spy the most versatile.

Seems like the best bet might be against Trooper though, if you can keep your Spy alive to take a turn.

Nice, thanks