Why is ERG going before my GS, daka and phasma?

Nebulous
1476 posts Member
I tried this three times in arena.

My opponent: lumi (L), qgj, GS, yoda erg

Me: qgj (L), GS, daka, dooku, phasma.

My dooku starts off first by stunning yoda. Then my qgj takes a cheap shot at the opposing qgj so my GS can finish him off before erg taunt can take effect.

Except, all three times, erg got a boost to his speed and stepped ahead of the rest of my team. He uses his defense up and yoda even awakes from taunt. Then my GS gets to act.

What am I missing?

Replies

• Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    RG? If he or she but I believe by cannon is he, though by legend I like to think she proc's taunt, she is the only toon that I know that can "move" outside of her turn.
    Her taunt proc's by environmental variable, not her turn
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Royal guard's taunt automatically occurs outside of his turn sequence when an ally drops below a certain health percentage as long as his health percentage is above a certain amout (depending on ability levels).

Not looking at the ability text and I do not have it memorized, but I think that's right.
  • Options
    Royal Guard gains turn meter whenever an ally takes damage. Could be the explanation.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Krey wrote: »
    Royal guard's taunt automatically occurs outside of his turn sequence when an ally drops below a certain health percentage as long as his health percentage is above a certain amout (depending on ability levels).

Not looking at the ability text and I do not have it memorized, but I think that's right.

It's not the taunt.
    Royal Guard gains turn meter whenever an ally takes damage. Could be the explanation.

It could be this. I was thinking end of turn as a different thing. But yes. Most likely this.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options

Correction. According to swgoh cantina, he automatically taunts outside of his turn whenever an ally falls below 50% health regardless of his health level at max ability level.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Oh...saw something about taunt and missed the point. Sorry. Trying to do this and arena at prize payout at the same time.

It's not working!
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

This was my first time not taking out the the first target-pot shot then GS assist. I never realized that additional hit from stunning yoda allowed rg to leap frog. Thank you.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Oh...saw something about taunt and missed the point. Sorry. Trying to do this and arena at prize payout at the same time.

It's not working!

I appreciate your help anyway. Thank you.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have someone (that I compete for top 4) with maxed RG, Yoda and QGJ lead. Tough as nails. Do too much damage (before a GS assist kill, or dodge) to Yoda and you loose.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Doga wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I have someone (that I compete for top 4) with maxed RG, Yoda and QGJ lead. Tough as nails. Do too much damage to Yoda and you loose.

Ya i battle for top 3 too. Usually I see rg with Rey and I start off by hitting Rey with a basic and qgj assist attack to end her. I never did 2 attacks before going for the kill. Was just confusing me.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone here is awesome. Thanks for helping me get better.

Progress, not perfection. That is my motto.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    If I was a whale I'd have a maxed RG! Best defense in the game.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    RG can be insanely fast if your toons take a lot of hits. His effective speed varies with the flow of battle, so his speed stat really isn't that interesting in and by itself.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    He is easy to play around. Especially Rey. Her hp is so low that any poke and followed by assist attacks will take her down before rg can officially gain control.

I never paid attention to that speed gain skill. He is bonkers. Mine is at 4*. So far to go.