Where have all the good mods gone

Is it just me or are the odds of finding good mods vanished? Seriously any event that rewards us with mods only gives us health mods with no speed and otherwise lousy stats elsewhere while mod shop sells garbage for obscene amounts. I dont bother doing mod challenges because I've never gotten anything worth keeping. I understand it has something to do with giving newer players something worth aiming for but in all seriousness when I'm being rewarded useless mods in high rank missions it kind of makes it not worth the trouble.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Most of my best mods have come from those events. I have not farmed mods since the slicing update. Just slice and upgrades the ones that come in from the events. With the occasional purchase from the mod store.
  • Options
    +1
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Where is my Cad Bane
    Where is my Dagobah song
    Where is my happy ending
    Where have all the good mods gone?

Edit: I know you probably weren't thinking of that song, but it's the first place my mind went.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Most of my best mods have come from those events. I have not farmed mods since the slicing update. Just slice and upgrades the ones that come in from the events. With the occasional purchase from the mod store.

Exactly... OP probably has better mods than he thinks. More upgrading and slicing probably needs to be done
  • Options
    Not slicing anything unless good mods from events or store.

Farming mods became atrocious.
  • Options
    Where is my Cad Bane
    Where is my Dagobah song
    Where is my happy ending

Edit: I know you probably weren't thinking of that song, but it's the first place my mind went.

I will raise the younglings, if you'll pay all the bills
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Options
    mr37hat wrote: »
    Where is my Cad Bane
    Where is my Dagobah song
    Where is my happy ending

I will raise the younglings, if you'll pay all the bills

giphy.gif
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I'd love to do this, but I don't think any events award the 4-mod sets (speed, offense, crit damage), which are optimal for a ton of characters. I do enjoy getting purple/gold potency and tenacity mods from Mythics, though.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• iBics
    58 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not even getting bad mods from farming them...i get only grey mods...
    Days go by without a blue mod and when i get a purple or gold mod it feels like a mistake happened somewhere..
  • Options
    9pduw1nm6gdi.jpg
    Got this one from the last smuggler event... Horrible I know
  • Options
    In darth reven's back pocket!
  • Options
    Couldn't say if the event mods slice well or not as I'm maxed out on mods, I would definitely continue farming and buying mods from shop if they increased the mod cap storage. That is if I could actually log in and play the game....
  • Options
    I haven't gotten a good mod in over 4 months
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    Options
    My memory is horrible but I could swear there was a time when I got good mods from mod challenges. I never get anything decent anymore. I would stop farming them except that I still have characters that need speed arrows! I’ve always avoided buying them but I guess that is the answer. I’ll miss the purple mats but it has just become
    so painful to manage them I need to do something different.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    9pduw1nm6gdi.jpg
    Got this one from the last smuggler event... Horrible I know

Congrats! Though I have a few mods 20 speed and above, none of them have had the 4 bumps on speed. Not a single one, ever. Yet :D
  • Options
    Speed mods are the safest purchase to buy in the store, you KNOW they will upgrade the speed.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Speed mods are the safest purchase to buy in the store, you KNOW they will upgrade the speed.

I assume you mean speed arrows you know will upgrade. That's the only certainty when it comes to speed.
  • Options
    I apologize, ya speed arrows.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Where is my Cad Bane
    Where is my Dagobah song
    Where is my happy ending

**** you for this 😂😂😂. I had purged that song from my memory. Now all I can think of is Jar Jar chanting 'big doo-doo, big doo-doo' at the beginning.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    There are way too many good characters now that can be used in different areas of the game, so CG should definitely improve the drop for mods on challenges. We are simply wasting energies for stupid white mods.
  • Options
    Don't spend any of your mod energy on mod challenges, farm slicing materials instead (or at least do mostly slicing materials). Events and the store are much more efficient ways to get mods.

Health isn't the best set, but you can get a ton of 15+ speed and 100+ offense secondaries on those free mods from marquees and other events. Not great for arena, but plenty good for your other TW/GA squads.