Connectivity Problems During Updates

During the last two updates the game refuses to download assets During in game updates. This was never an issue prior not is it an issue in any other app I have.

Even if it actually downloads at all, it does so at an astoundingly slow pace. Assuming you get past the initial asset download on the splash screen, the issue will then present itself when attempting to access each and every menu in the game.

Obviously this renders the game completely unplayable. I'm on IOS and yes I've tried reinstalling, which only made things worse as the asset queue is now even larger.

There is no problem with my wifi connection or data. I have tried multiple wifi connections to know avail. I can download at will at full speed using data.

If it wasn't frustrating enough in its own, I am also the a guild leader.

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, have you found a way to fix it? I

Replies

• Anderle
    119 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Try to reinstall the game. Had issues getting into it since yesterday evening when Update went live. I just reinstalled the game this morning and it works fine now.

Edit: in most cases this helps a lot. So if you have trouble starting the game after an update, try this way
  • Options
    Yes I have the same issue on iOS. It started happening on the last update, I thought it was just a glitch, but it has also happened on this update too. I have to constantly hit the dialog complaining that I don't have a connection, and maybe every 10 times I do that I get another few percent of progress, took a few hours before I was able to play (by which point I'd missed a number of deadlines).
    Spent a while analysing my network the first time it happened but there does not appear to be any actual issues with my network
  • Options
    I couldn't get into the game at all until I cleared data and started fresh. Then it worked fine.
  • Options
    Can't access either. Dealing with tons of crashes lately, also. Frustrating...
  • Options
    Every time my game is updating something I get "connection error, try again?" prompt. Then I click it and it continues at very slow pace, than I usually get the error 2 or 3 more times until it finally finishes, not sure wth is up with that
  • casper1jr
    175 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Same here as well and I'm a leader. I followed the link to answers HQ and no one helped me there. Glad I don't spend money because I saw others got compensated but none of us got anything. Very poor on EAs customer service. This is making me get tired of the game. I couldn't play much at all yesterday, I had to do a complete uninstall and then re install of the game. We shouldn't have to do this. It's like none of them care.
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue. I recently posted this on HQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Connection-Error-downloading-assets/m-p/7732719#M24655
    Perhaps, if we unite we can get a solution from EA.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I have this problem on my iPad, but not my phone.

I just keep hitting the “Connection Failed” message (or whatever it says, specifically, I can’t remember at the moment) and it still progresses. Albeit very slowly—but then it’ll get past a certain point and just go at normal speed again.

EDIT: I should point out this happens every now and again, but not with every update. It comes and goes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.