Ship customization - different pilots

Despite the ups and downs I really like this game and ships have always been an important part of Star Wars universe.

I, however, find the ships content without room for customization. Just as mods make a big difference in squad arena, I feel that something similar is missing from fleet arena.

I have an idea that could provide some of this customization to ships without adding mods to it: since the ships stats and some of the abilities are related to the pilots, we could be able to choose which characters will pilot the ships.

Take for example the Phoenix squad and their ships – Ghost (with Hera, Kanan and Zeb) and Phantom II (with Sabine, Ezra and Chopper). Since they all piloted both ships, any combination of three could be used in any of these ships. They would still have their specific abilities, but each different pilot would bring its own ability to the ship (which could be the same or different) and stats. A Ghost piloted by Hera, Kanan and Zeb would be different from a Ghost piloted by Hera, Ezra and Chopper.

This could also be extended to other ships, such as Slave I, which was piloted by Boba and Jango. You could choose either one to use, depending of your strategy.

Of course not all ships should follow this pattern because you have to obey the Star Wars universe.
I think it is a start that takes into account the progress made so far and provide flexible structures to ships.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Replies

• Options
    Solid ideas
  • Options
    This is an amazing idea. I would love it if this was added. The only problem is people would find one combination that is the best and then everyone would just use that.
  • Options
    DarthKoon wrote: »
    This is an amazing idea. I would love it if this was added. The only problem is people would find one combination that is the best and then everyone would just use that.

Thanks.

You might be correct about the best combination, but this might also open possibilities to a rock paper scisors-like strategy just as squad arena, and several more combinations with every new ship.
  • Options