BSF Corrupted Battle Meditation clearing fear?

Mindl
13 posts Member
What I am seeing is DR applies fear to enemy team by hitting leader with Insanity. Then BSF goes and applies Corrupted Battle Meditation and this is clearing the fear debuff. Since CBM doesn't do any damage the fear debuff shouldn't be getting cleared. Am I missing something here or is this a bug?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    certain debuffs are considered "attacks", this is why Old Ben under Ackbar will not trigger his lead if he uses his AOE debuff.
  • Mindl
    13 posts Member
    Options
    CBM isn't an action though. It's just a passive effect. Also, seems to defeat the DR/BSF synergy.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    But isn't her first attack an AoE? That would clear the fear. That is probably what you are seeing, and you just need to wait for the animation to catch up.
  • Mindl
    13 posts Member
    Options
    As soon as her turn starts, I am seeing the fear being removed. I haven't selected an action for he yet.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    What are the full team comps on both sides?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mindl wrote: »
    CBM isn't an action though. It's just a passive effect. Also, seems to defeat the DR/BSF synergy.

That's true, but being that it is on her turn, it may still be viewed that way by the in game mechanics.

The debuff landing itself, is "the action", but yes it seems odd. Try and get some clarity on this.

Also this:
    crzydroid wrote: »
    What are the full team comps on both sides?

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not noticing this. What may be happening is that the rest of the enemy team gets full TM and skips their turn before your BSF goes. It happens pretty instantaneously with no visual cue other than their TM bar suddenly being low instead of high and the Fear icon disappearing.
    Next time, check the enemy TM on BSF's turn. If it still appears to be happening, maybe take a screenshot and post it here?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    I'm not noticing this. What may be happening is that the rest of the enemy team gets full TM and skips their turn before your BSF goes. It happens pretty instantaneously with no visual cue other than their TM bar suddenly being low instead of high and the Fear icon disappearing.
    Next time, check the enemy TM on BSF's turn. If it still appears to be happening, maybe take a screenshot and post it here?

This was my hunch upon reading this as well. I believe I had instances where CBM did not clear Fear during the event, I haven’t tried it outside of the event yet.