When do mods lock in GA?

My lock-in was last night when the 8 players were decided.

I can change mods in my Character menu just now but these are being replicated in the GA menu. Is this meant to happen?

I thought once matchups were locked the mods assigned to your characters also locked in GA so there were 2 game states.

It seems you can remod right up til you deploy in a territory.

Just wondering as I waited til lock in then remodded a few characters. Never checked before I set the teams then realised after.

No big deal but looking for clarification on when locks actually affect mods.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    When you remod after the lock, it doesn't actually take affect (even though the GA UI sends to show it as such.)

I figured this out the hard way when I remodded TFP for more speed after lock and then assumed the UI was correct. I sent him in and lost because the other TFP went first - because my opponent's was faster based on pre-lock speed.

TL;DR - your mods are based on pre-lock, but the UI (even within GA) alqays shiws your mods (and only yours) in their mist current state.

In other words, it's bugged, visually.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    How do you know that your changes are being replicated? Because I always thought they aren't (after the player lock-in) and also when you examine a character in GA screens it just takes you to your current character screen rather than the locked-in image.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    When you look at a player's roster through the GA Event Rewards leaderboard, you see the current state, not the lock-in state.

When you look at individual character details by long-pressing on a defender or on a member of a squad you are getting ready to deploy, you see the lock-in state.
  • GrantusMaximus
    265 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    CptNemo wrote: »
    How do you know that your changes are being replicated? Because I always thought they aren't (after the player lock-in) and also when you examine a character in GA screens it just takes you to your current character screen rather than the locked-in image.

So any changes I make now (right now) are being carried from normal Characters menu into GA mode. For instance if I were to change a speed set to an offence set right now, go to GA teams, the offence set is there.

I thought when the lock happened whatever mods were in your characters were also locked to them. So is this the case?

Try it yourself assuming you’ve not already deployed all 3v3 teams. In fact I’d appreciate a second person validating it.

• Options
    psst: they never lock
    The more you know
  • Options
    The more you know

For real? **** that is odd, even after round 1?
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    The more you know

For real? **** that is odd, even after round 1?

Some say yes, some say no. Try it and see.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Here you go. I changed out the triangle mod on Kylo last night, several hours after the GA lock-in.

Accessed through the events leaderboard I see the new mod:
    00utob065wdk.png

But accessed via the GA battle map I see the mod that was present at lock-in:
    xsboq5qv7msm.png

• Options
    Ya, my characters definitely locked when GA started
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Edit: nevermind, I misread the original post.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png