Does C-3PO block Savior?

Stenun
851 posts Member
For some reason, my Revan's Savior ability doesn't seem to be activating when I go up against a team with C-3PO and I can't figure out why.
The closes I can get to working it out is that Savior grants a "Bonus Turn" and if a character has two stacks of Confuse from C-3PO then they "can't gain bonus turn meter". So fair enough that a character with two Confuse can't get the bonus turn from Savior but they don't seem to be getting ANY of the bonuses from Savior. They're definitely not being restored to 100% Health and Protection.

So does stopping one aspect of Savior stop the whole thing? What if I started putting the Healing Immunity debuff on my opponent's Jedis?

Replies

• Options
    What is your opponent’s team? If it’s a JTR team, you may be being hit by her locked in healing immunity. If it’s rebels, you may be getting hit by 3PO’s nuke, in which case him calling Solo to assist will reduce the TM of whoever got revived by Savior.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Debuffs are dispelled first with Savior, so confuse wouldn't matter. Only a locked buff like Rey's healing immunity or Fracture can prevent gains from Savior. Like above said, if it's his mass assist Han might be removing tm and you may just be taking a ton of damage after it triggers.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    The opponent's team is CLS Leader, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca and Han Solo.
    Mine is Jedi Knight Revan Leader, Grand Master Yoda, Jolee, Bastilla and Juhani.

I've tried to fight this particular opponent several times and sometimes I win but usually I lose. And I have often noticed that my Savior never kicks in.

To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out for certain what happened the time his C-3PO acted twice before my Revan got his first turn despite my Revan having more Speed. I think I must have resisted so many debuffs that his CLS leadership ability whacked up C-3PO's turn meter alarmingly fast.

But this Savior thing is still bugging me.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Confuse actually won't prevent Savior from triggering. The first thing that happens with Savior is that debuffs are removed - so there won't be any stacks of Confuse to prevent turn meter gain or Crit Immunity.

There are several situations in which your "saved" character ends up in a state besides 100% tm, crit immunity, and full health/protection. Dirty_Litle_Smuggler listed a couple. If you are still trying to understand the exact situation, recording some of the battles where this occurs might help us parse what's happening and explain it step-by-step.

Hope this helps!
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    But you don't continue taking damage after Savior is applied and Savior specifically says that the saved character can't be defeated for the rest of the turn.
    So if it's lots of damage from Han, I should still see Savior kicking in because the saved character can't be defeated. And then that wears off and the character dies again on a later turn.
    But that's not what is happening. Savior doesn't seem to be coming in to play at all.
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    But you don't continue taking damage after Savior is applied.

This isn't true. You can certainly keep damaging a character after Savior kicks in. Take GK for example - if he does his group hug, but his first hit triggers Savior, everyone else's damage will apply afterwards, potentially bringing whoever was hit down to essentially no health. Han's double tap with Chewie's assist can do the same thing - first hit triggers Savior, hits two and three eat into the new health/prot/TM
  • Options

This isn't true. You can certainly keep damaging a character after Savior kicks in. Take GK for example - if he does his group hug, but his first hit triggers Savior, everyone else's damage will apply afterwards, potentially bringing whoever was hit down to essentially no health. Han's double tap with Chewie's assist can do the same thing - first hit triggers Savior, hits two and three eat into the new health/prot/TM

This is correct. The character can take damage, just not be defeated. The skill reads:

"can't be defeated for the rest of the turn."
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

This is correct. The character can take damage, just not be defeated. The skill reads:

Fair enough.
    But my point is the character IS being defeated on that turn. Savior doesn't seem to be kicking in at all but if it is then the character is still being defeated on that same turn. Something screwy is going on. :smile:
  • Options
    Try slowing the speed down, sometimes at 4x its hard to tell what's really going on.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Fair enough.
    But my point is the character IS being defeated on that turn. Savior doesn't seem to be kicking in at all but if it is then the character is still being defeated on that same turn. Something screwy is going on. :smile:

Can you get a video?

I've seen that team move so quickly with so many assists and bonus turns that it can be hard to tell when one turn ends and the next one starts. My suspicion is that the character is actually defeated on the subsequent turn.

If not, then probably a bug.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    The reason I don't believe Savior is kicking in is because normally when it does then the character's health increases to max before going down again. But I have yet to see that happen.
    They're supposed to be fully healed and then no more damage from that particular instance, and then resume taking damage. But I am never seeing them jumping up to max.
    However, if/when I fight that opponent (or a similar team) again, I will watch more closely. I remain unconvinced for now though, but thank you all for the replies all the same. :smile:
  • Options
    My savior triggers everytime, but the only time I stop taking damage is when they stop attacking.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    The only other thing is that Savior can only trigger once, so if you have two low health Jedi, and Chewie does his AoE, one will be Saved and the other will be killed.
    But yeah, try taking a video next time you fight this team, maybe even on 1x speed. It could be confusion over how the animations are displayed.