GA galactic power matchup

Besteve
126 posts Member
Please fix your formula. My opponent has 2.8 character gp same as me. Yet they have many level 1 gear 1 day 1 characters I have g10 level 85.(sidious, dooku, etc) that you had to gear and level late 2015. The current formula penalizes day one players. Why use a formula that penalizes your longest/most loyal customers?

Replies

• Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Oh and EAs response when I sent this in and tried not to handle in public was it’s our formula good luck.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    Formula is fine. Its your fault for gearing lousy toons while your opponent was smart about his decisions.

He has a limited developed roster, you have a more broad, moderately geared roster. He can't have strong defenses and offense at the same time. Your opponent will be hurt by one or the other. You can have a decent offense + defense.

You should focus on developing your toons more to outweigh the bad development choices you've made
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Ok so what about when there were only dooku and sidious metas that you had to gear to be meta
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I also have an alt that’s f2p and have done this and win every ga battle. I win only because I know what I’m doing. Guess what back In 2015 there was no penalty for leveling and gearing everyone so we did it. In 2019 there is. Yet we day one people pay the price for leveling people then we would never now.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Besteve wrote: »
    Ok so what about when there were only dooku and sidious metas that you had to gear to be meta
    You can set dooku as a defensive team instead of level 1 gear 1 Phoenix that your opponent has

You were running the meta for months, you reaped the benefits of it while your opponent didn't

Again, if your opponent has 20 good toons and you have 50 decent toons, you have more defensive room and offensive options than he does
    Oh I also have an alt that’s f2p and have done this and win every ga battle. I win only because I know what I’m doing. Guess what back In 2015 there was no penalty for leveling and gearing everyone so we did it. In 2019 there is. Yet we day one people pay the price for leveling people then we would never now.
    Its your fault that newer players are able to catch up to your character GP while you've remained stagnant

Please don't blame the game for your mistakes
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    My opponent by my calculations has spent $2400 on g12 plus pieces alone. Don’t give me any of that nonsense you are talking about. You let me drop my day one people and get 100k go back then you have an argument. What you are saying is this I love ea and their formula is great. When in fact it has no thought. You basically are saying ncaa bracket is fielded by record only and not opponent.
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ultra I have 4.65 overall gp I don’t think I’ve been f2p ever. Next point
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    What's your proposal for the formula they should use?

I don't sandbag (crossed 4 million GP mark) and chased the meta that has been irrelevant for a long time and face the opponents you are complaining about and I've had no issues against them. I'm not undefeated. I've lost against some, but that's on me. You can take what you have and craft strategies to counter your shortcomings, or just complain about losing

That's my advice. Since we are going to go in circles, I'm going to drop myself out of this conversation
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Use a formula based on top characters that would be used on tw not what my 170th would be
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    The key about GA is it takes your skill and choices as a player as a whole and either rewards or punishes the player based on skill and choices. Machups based on gp is the best and easiest way to showcase that. If I chose to not pursue jkr or darth revan and instead focused on droids and jawas then that's on me not on my opponent of equal gp who made smarter choices. As for long term players having a disadvantage against newer players, that is also on the individual player....a player of 8 months shouldn't have the same gp as a 3 year player to begin with. If they do then the 3 year player was doing nothing but tread water for 2 yrs 4 months
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ok but what about when those choices such as Darth Revan etc were not an option and only Jawa could help you get mods. Every argument I have seen here is based on by someone who never played the game day one. I unlocked both jkr and dr day one. Yet my opponent may never have had to gear random current useless characters at the time to unlock palpatine yoda or han. Waiting for your counter point
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Also you miss the point where they spent 2500$ on g12+ to be at my gp which is a mega whale so don’t act like farming is the issue here
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I can see why ultra bailed on this conversation lol....but you are assuming too many things...how do you know your opponent spent thousands on g12+? I have no trouble acquiring those pieces (albeit slowly) and to say EP, Yoda, or han were bad investments is ludicrous....han is a raid character that doesn't require any particular character geared, Yoda used whatever jedi you felt like gearing and ep you could choose whatever rebels u like
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Please fix your formula. My opponent has 2.8 character gp same as me. Yet they have many level 1 gear 1 day 1 characters I have g10 level 85.(sidious, dooku, etc) that you had to gear and level late 2015. The current formula penalizes day one players. Why use a formula that penalizes your longest/most loyal customers?

That g10 Sidious helped you progress back then. Early on his healing immunity could be a pain in arena. He helped you score high in hAAT p2. I don't see how this is a penalty.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Also you miss the point where they spent 2500$ on g12+ to be at my gp which is a mega whale so don’t act like farming is the issue here

Payers have an advantage, yes. What's the problem?
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

It was answered many times - they could start with GP as baseline and then calculate global GA rating based on player's performance. And split rewards in two pieces - for matches won and for global position (so better players will get better rewards). Some sort of PvP ladder is used basically in any PvP game worth mentioning, it's nothing new.
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I’ve got a pretty focused roster — I will be going up against someone with a blistering fast DRevan and Revan. Fortunately he stands no chance because I can outmatch him from team 3 to 16 (8 on attack and 8 on defence).
    If you are a long term player why haven’t you focused on having at least 4 strong (G12+) Darkside teams and 4 strong (G12+) Lightside Teams? (Plus your Arena and Fleet teams).
    How do you get maximum points in TBattles without that?

You SHOULD be found out in GA (at your stage) if you can’t deploy G12 NSisters, Triumverate, Imperial Troopers, Bossk BHs, Phoenix, CLS, R1 and Revan Jedi, JTR. You would need these for your Guild in TB/TW assuming you are a team player.

(I’m FTP and 16 months old account and the above has been my main goal since starting —> TB/TW + Arena)
  • Options
    Also “old teams” don’t equal bad in GA!
    • Wedge, Biggs, STH
    • zMaul, zSavage, STrooper
    • zQGJ, JKA, Ahsoka
    • GK, Zarriss, Aayla

etc....
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Why use a formula that penalizes your longest/most loyal customers?

I really don't see why everyone is attacking this statement. If you have a broad roster you're doomed in GA and with TB, TW and arena with its over and over again shifting metas it's totally understandable why you have it as a long term player.
    You played the game, brought lots of (for their time) needed characters to the (for their time) maximum and nowadays they are useless most of the time and nothing but dead weight to your GP. That's not making bad decisions and it's clearly not the failure of the player. Introducing a match system based on raw GP, that's a failure. A big one. GP comparison is going the easy way, the lazy one, the cheap one. They could have made a better system for sure but this would cost time and money so it's probably never going to happen.
    So is it the failure of the players playing for years and than getting a system that would punish them for their earlier decisions? No, of course not. How could they know. Saying something else is absolutely illogical as we can't predict the future. There's only one to blame for, you know who.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    If you are a long term player why haven’t you focused on having at least 4 strong (G12+) Darkside teams and 4 strong (G12+) Lightside Teams? (Plus your Arena and Fleet teams).
    How do you get maximum points in TBattles without that?

How focusing on G12+ teams benefits TB? Squads which are enough to win TB are not even close to those you need to be competitive in GA (and PvP overall). For example, G11 Phoenix can be enough to win last tier TB, and how that team will perform in GA? Utterly bad (still can be used if you don't have anything better, of course).

Yes, strong PvP squads also will dominate TB but they aren't needed there. There is collector player in my guild - his goal to unlock and level as many toons as possible. He is by far the most valued player in our TB but if I met him in GA he will be crushed despite having 500k GP more.

Currently there is direct conflict between game modes - TB welcomes some strong enough PvE teams and bloated roster (the more bloated - the better), GA requires relatively focused PvP roster and strongly encourages do not develop your troops beside that.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Options
    Let's cut it out with the personal attacks please. It's not adding anything to the discussion.
  • Options
    Why use a formula that penalizes your longest/most loyal customers?

Out of curiosity, what were the zeta counts on both sides?

If your opponent paid to catch up then you could/should have a significant zeta advantage since they can only be acquired with time, not money.
  • Options
    Any system which punishes players for simply activating toons (here's looking at you EP shuttle and Ebon Hawk) is a terrible system. Sadly, that is what I and many others currently do.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    First, i don't care much about GA matchmaking a lot, even if i am a player from the start with over a year break and (of course) a lot of crap and mistakes within my roster. I won a few GAs with weaker toons, and never really got last place so it is ok for me like it is actually.

But i can also understand why some players, especially the ones with an old unwiped account, want some more balance to the force ;-)

It takes a loooong time to build and develop, and you can't undone all of your mistakes you did because you din't knew what was coming, and how it will affect your gameplay. You cannot wipe toons that do not help you anymore to decrease your power. You can't deactivate abilities, units, etc.
    The only thing you CAN do atm is to remove all of your mods from unused and unwanted toons. But that is just a drop in a bucket.

So one alternative to be competitive again (at least for GA), is to start a whole new account. Honestly i would not invest that much time again and would rather quit 'cause my patience isn't that great to do all these grinds again over the years (i am f2p). I like SW but i also like my time with family and friends, and to manage two accounts at same time or start a new one and abandon my old is out of the question (for me!).

Finally i chose option no. 3, to accept what i can't change, and make the best out of it. Obviously i decided to change my playstyle, don't level and gear every toon up, or activate it if not needed. Just the things i CAN do in my situation. I know that will be also a long way to come close to the ones with a second/third/whatever account without mistakes but it helps me to be more competitive over time.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

It was answered many times - they could start with GP as baseline and then calculate global GA rating based on player's performance. And split rewards in two pieces - for matches won and for global position (so better players will get better rewards). Some sort of PvP ladder is used basically in any PvP game worth mentioning, it's nothing new.
    Ok but then people are going to complain whales get better rewards and how unfriendly it is to F2P since they get less global rewards and you will still have people telling you how it’s not fair
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    Use a formula based on top characters that would be used on tw not what my 170th would be
    REALLY

REALLY

that’s your suggestion? Last TW the top characters to be used were Geonosians and Clone Troopers

Guess next GA match should be based at looking at our clones and geos

Good thing all my clones are g1 level 1 now I can face people who just started the game with my g12+ Jedi and Darth Revan
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    the real issue is trying to get $2500 back in refund because this is ridiculous
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »

And it has been commented several times, that for this to be fair, the players battling on the top of the ladder should win significantly better rewards than those on the steps below - similar to how it is in arena shards. In squad arena the ones performing best win 500 crystals, while some only win 100 crystals.

The current system is fair - not even, but fair. Players with strong rosters, good strategy and good execution of their strategy have a higher chance of winning better rewards. Fair.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    And it has been commented several times, that for this to be fair, the players battling on the top of the ladder should win significantly better rewards than those on the steps below - similar to how it is in arena shards. In squad arena the ones performing best win 500 crystals, while some only win 100 crystals.

The current system is fair - not even, but fair. Players with strong rosters, good strategy and good execution of their strategy have a higher chance of winning better rewards. Fair.

I explicitly said that better players should get better rewards, and it's very easy to achieve when there is PvP rating system in place. So I don't understand what's the point of objection here. How exactly better that reward should be is another question.

The current system may be fair from the some point of view but definitely not fun for many-many people. No fun in being steamrolled every time. Less fun = less players in the game. And lack of competition for good players is hardly fun also. I'm winning every GA without any significant effort with very rare exclusions, first place rewards every time are good but the entire process are boring. I'd glad to compete with players with better roster but current system just don't allow that.