Counter assist tactic vs DR

XKurareX
478 posts Member
edited April 2019
As Dark Revan is immune to assist attacks, please have a look at the counter tactic:
Marking DR > GK uses his counter buff > next AOE (ki always will use) simply kills DR instantly

You disallow all types of assists not to let him die first, but mark/aoe/counter buff (thanks for bfs just reducing 60% not 100%) making short work of him.

So far this meta gives zero advantage above a standard tank JKR setup and a lot of money to spend inside for it. Players could await at least some form of difficult fight (i.e. no 100% win rate) for JKRs.

Add: HKs zeta also is useless as GMY will get TM with his buff and mostly has no extra protection up so will get TM anyways...at the moment this kit does not work simply as it is.

PS: I refresh 3 times per day mods and i got zero 20+ speed in 3 months so I guess another post and getting downranked in your mod rng is np. Not satisfied so far with money vs product as its unfinished

Replies

• Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    As Dark Revan is immune to assist attacks, please have a look at the counter tactic:
    Marking DR > GK uses his counter buff > next AOE (ki always will use) simply kills DR instantly

You disallow all types of assists not to let him die first, but mark/aoe/counter buff (thanks for bfs just reducing 60% not 100%) making short work of him.

So far this meta gives zero advantage above a standard tank JKR setup and a lot of money to spend inside for it. Players could await at least some form of difficult fight (i.e. no 100% win rate) for JKRs.

Add: HKs zeta also is useless as GMY will get TM with his buff and mostly has no extra protection up so will get TM anyways...at the moment this kit does not work simply as it is.

PS: I refresh 3 times per day mods and i got zero 20+ speed in 3 months so I guess another post and getting downranked in your mod rng is np. Not satisfied so far with money vs product as its unfinished

It's a beautiful thing, watching the AI dummy into killing DR. But I'm pretty sure it's only an offensive win, since the AI will rarely trigger the necessary steps in the right order consistently. And the DR folks on offense should be smart enough to avoid triggering a mass counter. JKR vs JKR has to be careful of the same thing. JKR's saber toss can easily get him killed if you use it while Retribution is up and he doesn't have Strategic Advantage.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    That’s probably a function of your opponent not having a fast enough team. DR and Fastila should be faster than most GK’s (even with the +40 speed), which means one or the other will apply mass debuffs to prevent GK from giving everyone retribution.
  • Options
    That’s probably a function of your opponent not having a fast enough team. DR and Fastila should be faster than most GK’s (even with the +40 speed), which means one or the other will apply mass debuffs to prevent GK from giving everyone retribution.

Could be. But Mark will stop DR from doing mass anything for a turn, and GMY Foresight will absorb the first mass attack.

If it comes to a point where it stops working, I can always speed GK up or switch tactics.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options

Could be. But Mark will stop DR from doing mass anything for a turn, and GMY Foresight will absorb the first mass attack.

If it comes to a point where it stops working, I can always speed GK up or switch tactics.

Mark will increase cooldowns, right. But at the start of every Sith Empire toon all Foresight is cleansed and won't absorb anything. And you have to deal with Badstila too, she's able to break your turn order too.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Just did a battle vs DR/MT/Zombie/HK/Badstila

DR 302 / Badstila 254 / HK 230 / MT 225 / Zombie 222

JKR 284 / GMY 226 / Bastila 222 / Jolee 214 / GK 204 (before lead)

JKR Marked DR. DR attacked JKR. Yoda AoE, Battle Med. Bast dispels Zombie, Jolee sends GMY at Revan. Badstila did dispel Foresight, but whatever she did didn't have a noticeable impact. GK does Retribution, HK Grenade tosses, MT Plagues and triggers mass counter. Yoda finishes off DR and then I kill MT, Badstila, Zombie, HK. Took about 3 minutes.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

JKR Marked DR. DR attacked JKR. Yoda AoE, Battle Med. Bast dispels Zombie, Jolee sends GMY at Revan. Badstila did dispel Foresight, but whatever she did didn't have a noticeable impact. GK does Retribution, HK Grenade tosses, MT Plagues and triggers mass counter. Yoda finishes off DR and then I kill MT, Badstila, Zombie, HK. Took about 3 minutes.

I didn't think Jolee could send GMY at Revan?
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »

I didn't think Jolee could send GMY at Revan?

Come to think of it, I think you're right. I did that and Yoda just stood there.
  • Options

DR 302 / Badstila 254 / HK 230 / MT 225 / Zombie 222

JKR 284 / GMY 226 / Bastila 222 / Jolee 214 / GK 204 (before lead)

They modded their team wrong. HK should be faster than badstila to apply mass tenacity down so her fear/cbm sticks.
  • Options
    Unless they’re modding to fight DR, in which case DB should go first at all cost.
  • Options
    It's definitely not a guaranteed thing. I went against a team like this where DB was faster than GMY. It did not end well. I need DB to strip foresight so that MT plague hits, but bounces off of Tenacity Up. If DB goes before GMY, then I'm hosed. If I use Battle Meditation, MT hits foresight - no counters. If I skip Battle Meditation, Plague hits, sticks, and bye-bye.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Gmy - 169 speed
    Bastila Shan Fallen - 148 speed

Thats really not hard at all to beat.

Plague also won't kill your team unless you have no g12+ parts inside. You can AOE heal them up shortly afterwards with Jolee/Revan.

Fact is Darth Revan kit does not work well and got so many counters:
    Solo Enfys
    CCC (30 second Blitz)
    JKR
    Bounty Hunters
    Zimp Vader
    and most likely more...

Not worth a hero's journey character and lets face it - its at the moment a better looking GG. Nothing special at all and in a GA its most likely better to have a well working JKR team as DR is just for offensive good against a skilled opponent.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Some people just refuse to move on....darth revan is here and very much meta....can certain teams counter DR? Sure but no more than could take out JKR with the quality of mods needed
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Options
    DR is perfect. Not too op‚ powerful enough to unlock every situation a make the arena fun again. That's enough for me. Especially after the jkr domination in arena and all these boring fights.

Regarding counter I love the fact to have Darth Vader as potential counter on Ep lead. Very cool.
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Options
    I play ep vador bsf dr sion in arena. Jkr can easily defeat me but I don't care. I have fun to climb crushing all teams.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »

Fact is Darth Revan kit does not work well and got so many counters:

Not worth a hero's journey character and lets face it - its at the moment a better looking GG. Nothing special at all and in a GA its most likely better to have a well working JKR team as DR is just for offensive good against a skilled opponent.

Did you have a look at statistics? Care to explain how DR dominating meta stat reports if he is so easily countered and "nothing special at all"? :)
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Many just do not know yet how to fight Darth Revan. Also lets face it Sith are more fun to play than the endless foresight jedi game surely. I have to admit the Sith game style is great. Also the unlock of Darth Revan was made phenomenally good! Thumbs up to this.

I just do not like Zimp and the counter cheese methods. I am not talking about CCC pretty easily beaten Revan as well and Nest even can solo it. Its just too many lets call like this "autoplay" bad mods killing the other newest team.