GA gp defence needs rebalancing

I’m stitting at 1.2 million character gp, as are the others in my bracket. At this gp we need to set 8 defence teams, but this means we barely get to do any attacks. I think the most was five from me to an opponent, or from an opponent to my defence.

Something’s not right with how the brackets are working out.
Where are the Stun Guns?

Replies

• Hortus
    624 posts Member
    Options
    You need 48 chars to field 8 def teams and 8 offence teams. With 1.2 mil GP it just not technically possible to have less amount of chars, so it's hard to understand where exactly problem is. I have a little more chars GP now. Even if I'll drop my top toons to match 1.2M I'll still have enough to field 16 more or less good 3vs3 teams.

If you are saying that you must use not only well-developed top teams in GA - well, it's the entire point of this mode. Not only small amount of top teams matters, you need deeper (but not too deep) roster.
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I guess 8 of us have the same problem. In the tie for first, and there are barely any attack happening.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    I have about 1.6m GP in toons. I had to set 8 3 person teams. That's 24 toons.

Checking my roster I have 108 toons over 6k gp. 80 over 10k gp. There's plenty to attack with. Yes, if you set your strongest toons on defense you're leaving yourself with not much in the way of offense, especially if your opponent also sets their strongest on defense. That's where the strategy comes in. And also roster depth.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    I am in the same bracket, with 1.4m, but i don't think we should need lesser defense. Yes, you're right, it is difficult to set defense AND offense with equal good teams. But imo it isn't really necessary to have 8 strong squads for attack and def. It would make the battles annoying, and less strategic. A not so well equipped player could also win over a stronger squad with better tactics if the opponent choose wrong teams.

If you had just, say 5, for defense and offense, everyone with weaker roster would see it is almost lost right from the start.

So yes, it is difficult to choose the right formations, and to hold enough power left for the attack round. That is the strategy and tactic component of GA ;-)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Well, I guess 8 of us have the same problem. In the tie for first, and there are barely any attack happening.

If you don't have enough teams for attacking, you may have put up a too strong defence. But, since your opponent seems to have done the same, you may pull through.
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

If you don't have enough teams for attacking, you may have put up a too strong defence. But, since your opponent seems to have done the same, you may pull through.

Looks like I will, but it’s not just the one; it’s been all opponents this round. Maybe at slightly higher gp, 8 defence works. At 1.2 mill, it doesn't appear so.

If anything, it makes ga kind of dull. Less attacks / defence than a usual day in the arena.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Looks like I will, but it’s not just the one; it’s been all opponents this round. Maybe at slightly higher gp, 8 defence works. At 1.2 mill, it doesn't appear so.

If anything, it makes ga kind of dull. Less attacks / defence than a usual day in the arena.

set a weaker defense and leave teams for offense so you can take down their strong defense, problem solved?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I am in the same bracket (1.43 million) and the first 2 rounds were total clears from me with my opponent not managing to break through to the back lines.

The final is a totally different affair. I cleared one territory, my opponent did the same, with me being ahead by 4 banners. I have cleared his other front territory and am now waiting to see what they come back with. They went pretty heavy on defense (all G12 in both front territories) and quite a few G11 in the back. Not entirely sure how much they have left in the tank.

They may be just waiting til the last minute and try to snipe a victory but the suspense is literally killing me atm. The most tense and tactical GA I have had so far
  • Options
    Well, you have for example:
    Attack 1: Revan + 2 jedi
    Attack 2: Bastilla + 2 jedi
    Defense 1: zKylo Unmasked + 2 First Order
    Defense 2: 3 Ewoks
    Attack 3: zFinn + 2 Resistance
    Attack 4: JTR + 2 Resistance
    Attack 5: 3 Sith
    Attack 6: 3 Empire
    Defense 3: CLS + 2 Rebels
    Defense 4: 3 Rebels
    Defense 5: zBossk + 2 Bounty Hunters
    Defense 6: zJango + 2 Bounty Hunters
    Defense 7: 3 Nightsisters
    Defense 8: 3 Nightsisters
    Attack 7: Rogue 1
    Attack 8: Veterans + Raid Han

Maybe you do not have them to G12 and 6E mods, but in any case they are what you would be using anyway in future as well, so worth investing in.
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, guessing you’re not at 1.2 mill character gp.

While I understand what you’re saying, it doesn’t really help. The short version would be ‘git gud’. The issue is that, at a much lower gp than the long term players, an 8 man defence and attack is pretty much not possible.

4 shoddy ones at the back and hope the front holds isn’t so much ‘skill’ than it is chance.

Had it been 6 attack / defend, it may have been more enjoyable. However, as it is, I did three attacks, he’s done 6, but looks like I’ll win simply as too many teams got tied into defence. Same in the second round as it was in the first round.

I’m curious to know from those who have 8 team defence what their character gp is and how many realistic attacks they managed (rather than the unrealistic ‘it might just work’ / I have no choice but these losers).
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    4 shoddy ones at the back and hope the front holds isn’t so much ‘skill’ than it is chance.

Not skill, but strategy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    A lot of the time it's balancing a stout enough defense that will cause your opponent difficulty in clearing teams (or at least clearing them cleanly, some of my teams are there to AOE away, just to cost opponents banners) against leaving yourself enough potency to attack with and clear more teams than your opponent

That is one of the skills of GA, especially at the lower to middle GP areas
  • Options

I’m curious to know from those who have 8 team defence what their character gp is and how many realistic attacks they managed (rather than the unrealistic ‘it might just work’ / I have no choice but these losers).

I put it in an earlier post.

In the final round, I set 405k gp on defense, leaving me with roughly twice that on offense (though understandably not all of that is truly usable).

My opponent set 347k in the 3 territories I can see, plus likely at least another 80k in the last.

I've done 8 attacks clearing 2 territories and defeating 4 teams.

He's done 7 attacks clearing 1 territory and defeating 3 teams.

We both went pretty heavy on defense but still managed attacks.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

At 1 mill character GP, I can field 18 3-man teams, no problem and before the matchmaking change that is what I had to do. Sure, they are a mix of A, B and C teams but making strategic choices is part of the game mode.