Who to zeta, Nihilus, Thrawn, or Maul for b-team lead?

Hey folks

After running zPalp lead with vader, maul, marauder and badstila for a while, I swapped 7* maul and marauder for 4* nihilus and 6* thrawn, and found my arena rank to improve. Now I've got 19 zeta mats, and need some opinions on where to spend them. Do I zeta Thrawn or Nihilus' unique? Or would it be a better idea to zeta Maul for his lead, as a b-team leader for my other siths?

Also considering spending the zeta on Savage, he's not exactly arena meta but can be quite handy in raids and GA and TW I hear.

Or maybe lay down the first zeta on my 6* grievous?

And yes I know I could go ahead and zeta yoda or bastila but I'm strictly rooted in the darkside camp.

Any input appreciated.

Replies

• Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Bastila Shan fallen (if you haven't yet) > thrawn unique > maul lead.

Edit: I've got a bunch of sith that would be great under a zmaul lead. I think about doing his lead all the time now that GA and TW is beginning to be my main focus.

Edit2: palp lead is coming back in arena due to Darth revan. I would say second zeta on palp is a respectable choice.
    Post edited by Blackbeardpepe on
  • Options
    Badstila already zetaed and freshly 7 starred.

Why thrawn over nihilus though? Wouldn't the health down be good in my setup and generally?

Oh and thanks for the reply
  • Options
    No, Thrawn's unique is amazing and Health Down is good but not really all that important. It's helpful, but it's not essential in any team set up.

Is your EP completely zetad, or just the lead? And does Vader have his unique zeta? It's also really helpful when going up against some of those annoying TMR teams and helps keep up his heal.
  • Options
    Nope, only zetas I have are palp lead and badstila unique. I feel vader is pretty strong as is, I have relatively good speed mods on him and I feel his main utility is his dots.

But I reaaally want to zeta maul also... Would it be a terribly bad decision to spend it on maul instead of improving my arena squad?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    My opinion:

I ran EP Sion DN Thrawn and Vader in arena for a long time in top 1-50. I NEVER zetaed Thrawn, EP 2nd or DN. Are they nice luxury Zetas? Yes. But Not Necessary. Only zetas needed are EP lead and Sion. Vaders might be more useful now though with enemy Bastillas.

On ZMaul, if you have enough for a second Sith team he is great. Especially coupled with Sith Assasin. Mod Assasin for speed and you will outspeed most teams. My ZMaul is g9 and Sass, Sit, Sid and Basty are g8 and the team regularly takes out far stronger teams. Can also run Nest on the team as a 5th too.

So can put a second zeta on some of your arena teams or one on Maul to immediately make a viable second team for GA.

IMHO.
  • Options
    Maul it is then ^^ cheers!
  • Options
    Nope, only zetas I have are palp lead and badstila unique. I feel vader is pretty strong as is, I have relatively good speed mods on him and I feel his main utility is his dots.

But I reaaally want to zeta maul also... Would it be a terribly bad decision to spend it on maul instead of improving my arena squad?

Maul zeta is VERY good. If you have trouble keeping Palp alive, get unique AFTER Thrawn zeta for arena.

Improving your arena squad is incredibly important (free crystals). However, zMaul makes you more valuable in Grand Arena, Territory Battles and Wars. So it's very selective. I'm having the issue currently of whether I give a zeta to Badstila unique for arena, Bastila lead for GA, or KRUM lead for GA as well.
  • Options
    The 50% potency from badstila zeta is invaluable in a palp squad
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Here they are from TW today. Fastilla makes the team OP as heck but she works on a EP team too. Could leave Thrawn with EP and Bastilla with Maul. Dooku and Savage and Nest also work in her spot. My Sass is only g8 and has a C mod set and is at 231 speed. Ive seen screens of her approaching 300 speed.

2csudyv26cvf.png
  • Options
    Bastila Shan fallen (if you haven't yet) > thrawn unique > maul lead.

Edit: I've got a bunch of sith that would be great under a zmaul lead. I think about doing his lead all the time now that GA and TW is beginning to be my main focus.

Edit2: palp lead is coming back in arena due to Darth revan. I would say second zeta on palp is a respectable choice.

Why tf would u waste a zeta on her unique when you don't have thrawn or nihilus' unique yet?
  • OpticGK_Alex
    343 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Post edited by OpticGK_Alex on
  • Options
    Zeta thrawn's unique first.
  • Options
    Well I use zPalp zSion Nihilus zThrawn and zBadstila in arena and sion and palp are the best ones but it hink thrawns is really good
  • Options
    I still run a Sith Zaul lead in the arena. I might be the last. Zaul, Zader, ZEP, ZSion, zCLS (fights with daddy). I'm good for 220-260, that's when you only see Bast, Revan, EP and the sisters in my shard.