Constant game crashes in all play modes

Hi,

I've been playing SWGOH pretty much since it first came out. Over the course of 2-3 years I probably experienced something like 5-10 game crashes, which is totally fine.
Since the last major update, though, I'm having anything between 1-3 crashes per DAY. On top of that, I've had several matches (mainly arena) where game speed was so terrible, it took over a MINUTE(!) before the first char (myself OR opponent team) could do their first move. This NEVER happened before.
Take a look at the attached screenshot: 1min 21s into the match, and even Han's attack buttons aren't there yet. Needless to say I lost the fight, as I could only make 3 moves in 5 minutes.
t37uvlzjr3ul.jpg

I opened a ticket about this slow game performace, including the same screenshot – yet it seems the support adviser didn't really understand "slow game performance", and instead replied this: "I realize that you are facing issues of game launching", then telling me I should update the app, update my OS, and charge my phone. Not really the sort of thing I want to hear after refreshing/spending crystals in order to reach my normal arena spot for payout.

My OS and the game, on TWO different devices (iPhone and iPad) are indeed up-to-date. Yet I'm experiencing these crashes and ultra-slow performances on both devices. I even tried re-installing the app several times.

1) Is the dev-team aware of this? (Pretty sure I'm not the only one with these problems). Or does your support team always reply with the standard callcenter-yadda-yadda, and not feed back to the devs?

2) Could you please feed this back to your support team? I was being friendly, descriptive, with constructive feedback, and even attached a screenshot. Not really nice to get a "copy/paste callcenter" type response.

3) In TW/TB game modes (at least): Would it please be possible to keep the battle-counter at zero, if the game crashes during battle/environment load? Yesterday, I had a crash before I even saw the teams or environment. Lost my team AND battle counter went up. This should be fairly simple to achieve I believe, no? ("IF battle time <1s THEN reset team/counter")

Many thanks!

Replies

• Options
    Im having the same problem. The last 2 times I finished a solo of haat. 1 post Finn change. The game crashed right before the victory screen. Waste of 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Lost two battles yesterday during TB due game crashing, some guild mates had the same problem.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Agree.
    Many crashes during TW, also affecting other game mods.
    Today I lost one of my arena attempts due to a crash and two other attempts due to the extremely slow animations performance you described.

Of course I have a good iPhone with iOS updated to to latest version and my WiFi connection was great.
  • Options
    Thanks for chiming in. From your experience: did things get noticeably worse ever since the last major update?
    Like I said: to me, it feels like that last update has WAY more bugs than ever before.
  • Options
    I to am experiencing these issues. I play on an Iphone and since that update have had at least a crash per day, but already two today and two during the tank run last night. I've had ship arena battles suddenly become sluggish resulting in a loss. Contacted support, they gave me a list. I've uninstalled, updated the IOS, cleared the cache, restarted. I was starting to worry that I might need a new phone, 3 years old, must be junk..? Nah, it's the game. Thanks for piping up and letting me know I'm not the only one. Ya, thanks support, that really helped.. not.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please report and discuss bugs and issues at Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>