Rank #1 snipe avoidance?

After I've got rank #1 for my first time today(huuray), I was wondering if you attack down the ladder in last minutes before reward, do you keep your rank #1 then?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Often people try to enter a fight at 5:55 and just draw it, never using any char
  • Options
    Ty for the reply mate ☺
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    @Puke_Piestalker
    Finally met someone from my shard in the forum! Congrats on getting 1st!!
    And I think you just pushed me down the ranks and added me as ally but all is well as you aren't in the same arena reward timezone as me. I usually snipe rank 1st when I'm free before collection so I can tell you that 5:55 might not be the best time cause ppl was know you are going to block your rank and hence they will attack you a few seconds earlier or a min earlier,etc before 5:55
  • Options
    Even if you beat the person, you keep your rank at 1. Plus, it looks better on your record. That's what I do, lock out 6 minutes before prizes and beat the person with about 5 seconds left. Nobody can beat you in 1 minute or so, so lock out as early as you can to be more effective and make sure you don't get locked out.
  • Puke_Piestalker
    68 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah first person I've met from our server here aswell, ty for the info I'll try doing it a bit before then. Thank you for accepting my ally request
  • Options
    Yaaaaay got my first rank #1 award, so happy :D
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah first person I've met from our server here aswell, ty for the info I'll try doing it a bit before then. Thank you for accepting my ally request

You're welcome, thanks for requesting!
    My advice is to know who is fighting for your rank 1, and determine how strong is their chars and how strong are yours to see how much time you need to defeat them(and whether you can even use auto after the first rd of attacks etc) and add that time to 5mins before the rewards.
    E.g. If you know you can defeat his team in 1:30 mins then you try attack someone(if you are alrdy 1st) or try attacking 1st with 6:20 mins left (minus the time you end the match with 10 secs left).
    So even if someone already attacks your 1st or the opponent in 1st is blocking his rank you will have 1:30 mins left to snipe it back.
    The con will be if you are free to fight, it means you will leave you opponent with 1:30 mins to fight you. So if you have harder chars to kill/more dps and can kill faster than those teams that are actively fighting for 1st on your timezone, it is almost certain that you can snipe 1st everyday.

The most epic snipe for me is when the 1st block his 1st till I was only left with 1 min. I went in throw my dooku's stun on QGJ and I pressed auto and defeated him with 2 secs left. Can't even believe it myself
  • Options
    That sounds like an awesome snipe B) still have to figure out the top 20 activities in my timezone
  • Options
    Pukey my friend Congrats! First time I've talked with anyone on our shard! Seems like we all have different payout times. I try to stay in top 20 and not bother the usual folks who are obviously moving up for payout in there time. I assume this is why CG won't let us communicate. I seem to be last for payout as I don't move from #1 till late evening or after 12am. Think the Japanese folks are first. Is there a way to set you as friend on this forum? Sorry new to forums. You as well Zxcas
  • Options
    I have no idea if it's possible to ad each other sadly :'( also think there will be some guildthingy on the way, maybe we can communicate through that. But worst thing with communication in this game is let's say you gang up 20 people and then "harrash" a focused target player with attacks constantly you basically can lock that player out progressing :)
  • Options

So did you post this 5 min after payout?
  • Options
    Think it's 23mins if it was up 6.23.. But don't think you can see timezone this way, when I see your replies it's converted to my zone
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    @Chewy_Johnson68
    Just when I thought I don't see anyone from my shard and I found 2! :smiley:
    Don't think we can add friends in forum though, at least not that I know of
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options

So did you post this 5 min after payout?

...are you guys in the same timezone?
  • Options
    Zxcas wrote: »

My advice is to know who is fighting for your rank 1, and determine how strong is their chars and how strong are yours to see how much time you need to defeat them(and whether you can even use auto after the first rd of attacks etc) and add that time to 5mins before the rewards.
    E.g. If you know you can defeat his team in 1:30 mins then you try attack someone(if you are alrdy 1st) or try attacking 1st with 6:20 mins left (minus the time you end the match with 10 secs left).
    So even if someone already attacks your 1st or the opponent in 1st is blocking his rank you will have 1:30 mins left to snipe it back.
    The con will be if you are free to fight, it means you will leave you opponent with 1:30 mins to fight you. So if you have harder chars to kill/more dps and can kill faster than those teams that are actively fighting for 1st on your timezone, it is almost certain that you can snipe 1st everyday.

The most epic snipe for me is when the 1st block his 1st till I was only left with 1 min. I went in throw my dooku's stun on QGJ and I pressed auto and defeated him with 2 secs left. Can't even believe it myself

Thanks for the advice i got rank 1 1st time today!
  • Options
    That's what we try to find out, but I recon Google is faster :# I'm from Denmark, what bout you guys?
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Think it's 23mins if it was up 6.23.. But don't think you can see timezone this way, when I see your replies it's converted to my zone

Yea so you just have to say it was so so number of mins before.
    And he meant the post with the yaaaay not the first post. So your award is 23 mins before the first post?
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Zxcas wrote: »

Thanks for the advice i got rank 1 1st time today!

You are most welcome!
    Congrats on your 1st 1st!! :smiley: I know there will be more to come
  • Options
    So cool to FINALLY get more info on shardmates! I think that's a word. It's awesome that we are from all parts of the globe! So excited!!!!
  • Zxcas
    96 posts Member
    Options
    That's what we try to find out, but I recon Google is faster :# I'm from Denmark, what bout you guys?

I'm from "The Dot", Singapore haha. Looks like we all have different timezones for rewards
  • Options
    Yeah :p
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Even if you beat the person, you keep your rank at 1. Plus, it looks better on your record. That's what I do, lock out 6 minutes before prizes and beat the person with about 5 seconds left. Nobody can beat you in 1 minute or so, so lock out as early as you can to be more effective and make sure you don't get locked out.

I can beat some people in less than a minute on AI. with a little luck. people can lock you in a split second between the moment you get your victory screen, the result and then jump back in a fight. it happens every day.

there's no absolute way to secure your rank, and that's fine. it's how the game works.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Yeah, ofc nothing is 100%,but it helps your chance to wait ofc. I reached #1 with 3 chars at 6* and that is still fast wins for me.. I recon when they get the last * it will rock :)
  • Options
    Ha! I found you guys. Tee Goobs here!! =D
  • Options
    Heya mate :)
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes. Often people try to enter a fight at 5:55 and just draw it, never using any char
    That's so noob. Someone can start the match at 5:54.

You should start the match at about 5:52:00. This gives someone less than 3 minutes to beat you in time. That increases the chances they will make a mistake. It's very hard to beat someone in 3 minutes.

And if they start a match with you before you start your clock block, you will have more than 3 minutes to retake the lead, if they win. Or to block the last 3 minutes + out with a block.

No matter which way you do it, there's still a matter of whose click gets in, first, of course.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    It's very hard to beat someone in 3 minutes.

Depends very heavily on the squad you are facing... some of the tanky squads yes it's hard to be in three minutes if they got taunts pulling you away from killing your focused target... but by no means undoable

However if you run into a squad with four low health characters protected by RG or some other taunter. these teams can be decimated within 1 minute and sometimes without even using "auto"

If you are the type of high risk player that uses high damage AOE low health characters (i.e. Maul, Lando) you can actually clear a team in 30-45 seconds... but this is very risky as you need a bit of luck for your characters to survive so they can unload their "tactical nukage!"

There are very few players who use a full tank level health team and those will take 4 minutes or so to defeat... but if they even replace just one of those five members with a lower health character, you see a rapid drop in the time it takes to defeat someone.

Bear in mind setting the game to auto and selecting your focus target speeds up the time it takes to defeat a team compared to manual control.

I'm on an old December ladder and I can tell you out of the top 20 regulars on my ladder only two of them I can not consistently beat in under 3 minutes when playing manually!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, of course youbshouldnfactor that in. But u agree, of course, you should start your clock block at least some mintue plus earlier than 5:55. 5.55 is foolish. Anyone sniping you will start the match before that.
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Al this sneaky strategies... instead of buiding up a decent team.
  • Options
    Ha! I found you guys. Tee Goobs here!! =D

How you doing? B) was wondering if u were on the forums