Chef_Tasty
19 posts Member
edited April 2019
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this is confirmation. That sight often speculates or offers estimated event dates. Didn't CG put CLS on the January calendar from the start? If so, you'd think they'd do it again for April instead of making his return a surprise.

CLS may return with R2. But, unless CG confirms it, don't be surprised if it doesn't..
  • Options
    That's fair for sure. For what it's worth, dataminers have discovered the CLS event packs in the April data. Perhaps that's confirmatory, perhaps not.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Not really speculation. That guy only posts dates when they show up in the data. Sometimes (rarely) ends up being wrong, but since R2 is back it's plausible.
  • Options
    If it’s true then either they messed up, or they’re breaking their commitment to notification of legacy events...
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    If it’s true then either they messed up, or they’re breaking their commitment to notification of legacy events...

Not true. HJ's are different.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Not really speculation. That guy only posts dates when they show up in the data. Sometimes (rarely) ends up being wrong, but since R2 is back it's plausible.

Definitely plausible. Just thought CLS (and Rey) had moved out of the surprise event category and into the planned events. Maybe January was just a nice exception.

Also didn't realize that they'd changed their prognostication approach on that site. Good to know. Or maybe I'm confusing it with another one.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

Definitely plausible. Just thought CLS (and Rey) had moved out of the surprise event category and into the planned events. Maybe January was just a nice exception.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, because Rey is on the calendar, but CLS is not.
    Also didn't realize that they'd changed their prognostication approach on that site. Good to know. Or maybe I'm confusing it with another one.

It's possible they always did this, and CG change the dates after the fact more often, but they've been pretty spot on for quite some time. And I know he gets all those dates from game data, and does not post "speculation," much like Heist Hero isn't "speculating," about the Heists and such.
  • Options

Not true. HJ's are different.
    Unlike a Legendary or Mythic, when a Hero’s Journey becomes a Legacy event we will not necessarily post it to the Event Calendar at the beginning of the month. However, the intention is that Hero’s Journey events will return roughly every three to four months after they become a Legacy event and that we will give at least a week’s notice before they return to the game. When we announce the return of the Hero’s Journey event, we will post it on the Event Calendar on the forums.

Ah no, I had it right in theory but was thinking the notification was two weeks, not one, after it became legacy. But why have JTR on the calendar from the beginning and not CLS? Just to mess with us?
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    Options
    It's in the data, just like how we know credit heists early. The only way CG could change/remove it is by doing a content update. CG pre-loads the events at the beginning of the month, so why would they add CLS just remove remove the event a couple weeks later?

Why was it not on the calendar at the beginning of the month even though others were? No idea. But according to their cadence, it doesn't need to be.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what the packs that will be for sale look like? Running short on STH and Leia shards and want to start planning if I need to buy packs.