Returning after a few years. Advice?

Prev1
grnyr5neuk50.png
xkg8xrlrpzfn.png
3yxlx1oyy1oc.png
39m73gdehht0.png

Do I have any characters that are still relevant? Any ships that are still good? Would like some advice on where I should go from here. I am also looking for an alliance to join. Last I remember I was working on a sith team.

Replies

• Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Might be better off starting a new account tbh. You’ll get more crystals by being higher in arena and progress quicker.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Honestly I'd restart if you want to be competitive in arena and build your teams quicker. The game progresses significantly quicker than where it was years ago. Also, you can eliminate some of the characters who aren't great and ultimately penalize you in TWs.

How would restarting help me build quicker? Seems like that would do the opposite.
  • Options
    Cal00054 wrote: »
    Might be better off starting a new account tbh. You’ll get more crystals by being higher in arena and progress quicker.

But how would I be progressing quicker?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Restart will pit you against new players, not your fellow competitors who have few years of farming head start on you.
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Options
    By being higher in arena, therefore earning more crystals every day to purchase shards, gear, refreshes, data card packs, etc. plus there are a lot of resources here for advice on what to farm. Unfortunately, a lot of your toons that you and been farming are irrelevant now.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Restart will pit you against new players, not your fellow competitors who have few years of farming head start on you.

I see. Now that makes sense. I will take the advice and restart. Just concerned I won't get those characters back.
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Plus there are a lot of guilds out there that will take you on as long as you can produce 600 raid tickets per day, so as soon as you have a 7* toon you can earn raid toons and be ahead of the game for the new folks
  • Presaria
    199 posts Member
    Options
    If your goal is to win arena matches, get crystals, and build a stronger army, then best to start over. Even if you spend cash and catch a meta, you’ll be behind in the grand arena. If you want to spend and are not so competitive, then keeping your account is totally fine
  • Options
    advice? don't bother. CG has gotten so greedy and this game is not what it once was. Save your time and money
  • Cal00054
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Lol...well I didn’t want to be the one to say it...😂😂
  • Options
    advice? don't bother. CG has gotten so greedy and this game is not what it once was. Save your time and money

This ☝️☝️☝️
  • Options
    First join swgoh.gg and you can share your roster better and more efficiently. Next find a helpful guild and settle in. Then pick a team and start to work. Build one at a time. Don't chase the meta or shiny heroes unless you have the required team already. You'll do fine.
  • Options
    Good luck :o
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »

This ☝️☝️☝️

That's one side of the coin (keep in mind these people are still on a forum for a game that is allegedly not that great). If I was just starting as a new player, I wouldn't regret picking up this game. It's actually really great especially if you get off to a good start and you involve strategy with your progression. You won't even need to spend a penny.

From my experience, people love to moan and groan and need an outlet to vent. Praise on the other hand is seldom given out so...

And I personally think this game is great for F2P. There are a lot more other cash grab games out there.
  • Options
    This game is just as much a cash grab as any other. If nobody spent any money, there would be no F2P.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options

I see. Now that makes sense. I will take the advice and restart. Just concerned I won't get those characters back.

Don’t worry, work hard and you’ll still get them eventually!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Also a side note, an arena shard (leaderboard) is created after 20,000 people join. A new shard was just created on 4/1. There is approximately 10 days before another new one will open. I believe current arena is currently at 6k. However, it will still be significantly easier to battle your way up.

Source?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    dfczmyvmd8y4.jpg

Does empirical evidence count as a Source?
  • EffAPublicEyeD
    242 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    If a discord channel is empirical . . . perhaps?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    That shows the last Leaderboard open on 1st April and approximately 14 days in between each start.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    A restart would also put you against 20k currently active players in your arena shard. If you aim at reaching - and staying in - top-20 that's the way to go (and keep your fingers crossed that you land in a recently opened shard). However, if you land at rank 18k with the top-50 already at level 65 and all players are active, you will still have a long eay to go.

Your old shard consists mostly of inactive players with maybe only 500 active players left.

It's really a matter of what would be more fun for you : starting over or keeping your current account and battling your way back the next 6 months.
  • Options
    dfczmyvmd8y4.jpg

Yo, anyone a person could get an invite to that Discord, or....?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    dfczmyvmd8y4.jpg

As far as I know, there's no restrictions.
  • Options
    That's my point, could someone provide the link?

I did totally mean *anyway, not anyone, my apologies.
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    Options
    dfczmyvmd8y4.jpg

You just need the link, I'm in it.

How would one find the shard they're in? I started playing a little over two years ago, took and break and am back but I have no clue what shard I was put into.