Double taunt team viable?

I just started trying something that's gotta be annoying for the other side to deal with. I'm using Chewy and Poe and I basically alternate their taunts. Chewy heals himself, healer takes care of Poe. While the enemy deals with them, Sid and my glass canon go to work and clean up.

Anybody else ran with this setup for awhile? Chewy/Han maybe before the update. Anybody see big problems with it?

Replies

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    I've had on the back of my mind to try this with Han and royal guard, but Barriss was pretty import to it and her nerf would make a big difference.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    I tried chewie/Han for a while and dropped about 100 ranks in arena.Then built sid and got back up.The way I see it the opponent can take out han pretty easily before ur healer gets to him.On attack however since AI controls your opponents they might be spread between han and chewie otherwise they just take out han easy peasy and go about taking out the rest.So han/chewie combo is very bad when defending
  • Options
    IMO this would not be viable. Chewy and the other taunt don't do much dmg. Yes it is annoying to w8 for the taunts but a team with Lumi and JC wouldn't have problem with this formation. Even DM will not do enough dmg to finish the other team as quickly as you wish. At the current meta i just don't see how 2 taunt team with 2dps perhaps 3dps toons can beat 1 tank/2dps/1dps + heal/1 heal. And there is some toons like Plo Koon and Asajj who can remove your taunts in a minute. I can see a lot of weak spots in this formation. I havent faced such form yet, but that is my mind on it. I don't want to say you shouldn't do it. You should cuz it might work. If you do that please let us know how did that go.
  • Options
    Every time I see a Chewie in the leader spot (or I know he's there because I've fought the guy before), I bring Mace or Lobot to debuff the taunt, highly effective.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    My concern would be damage. I've noticed more then a few teams lately opting to go the glass cannon route in pvp. About half the time those teams can nuke at least one guy on my team and leave another low using AOE, which works around taunts. Right now it feels like damage is becoming king in the meta. Especially as more teams drop Barress for other options
  • Options
    In defense they would both taunt at the same time though. Then after that you have to wait for both to cool down.

The AI is dumb. You can't rely on it for such complexities.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Try using the team but playing it on auto so you can analize how your team works on defense. You'll find that on round 1 both of your taunters will use their taunt. Player controlled teams will focus the one who is easiest to take down or the one who poses the biggest threat (or dispell your taunts).
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Yeah, good thoughts here. On offense it's worked decently but i'm feeling like i'd rather have that dps+healer than my second tank pretty often. The taunts at the same time is actually what I do fairly often to spread the damage between both toons or one goes down too quickly. I just want the other team limping before that happens.
  • Options
    Poe is not good at all at least at level 49 gear level 6 and 3 points in each skill other than leader ability. His HP are not that high and his damage is worse than chewbacca. He has a nice taunt which exposes. Others have said it doesn't work well but it hits 4/5 characters regularly for me. Taunt followed by aoe is the most ridiculous TOTAL damage you will ever see.... All 80% mitigated by one average heal.

Alternating taunts might work.... But not with Poe.... He just melts.
  • Options
    Yeah i just read your thoughts on him elsewhere. I dunno. I have aesthetic choices in this game that go against logic so im inclided to see what more stars do for him. Hope for your sake I am in your server (i'll bring ewoks too)
  • Options
    Shanks wrote: »
    I tried chewie/Han for a while and dropped about 100 ranks in arena.Then built sid and got back up.The way I see it the opponent can take out han pretty easily before ur healer gets to him.On attack however since AI controls your opponents they might be spread between han and chewie otherwise they just take out han easy peasy and go about taking out the rest.So han/chewie combo is very bad when defending

I saw one that was pretty good. Used elder ewok to heal revive the taunting tanks.
  • Options
    Shanks wrote: »

I saw one that was pretty good. Used elder ewok to heal revive the taunting tanks.

Wow the Ewok thing was a joke outside the thread but that's an interesting strat. I just checked my elder and he was ready to promote to 3 stars. lmao i'll try it out.

• Options
    Azrex_Dren wrote: »
    I just started trying something that's gotta be annoying for the other side to deal with. I'm using Chewy and Poe and I basically alternate their taunts. Chewy heals himself, healer takes care of Poe. While the enemy deals with them, Sid and my glass canon go to work and clean up.

Anybody else ran with this setup for awhile? Chewy/Han maybe before the update. Anybody see big problems with it?

When the computer plays it'll go full **** and overlap the taunts rendering chewies turn worthless.
  • Options
    Pilot wrote: »
    Try using the team but playing it on auto so you can analize how your team works on defense. You'll find that on round 1 both of your taunters will use their taunt.

This is team building at its finest. *thumbs up*
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Options
    Greeboy wrote: »
    Poe is not good at all at least at level 49 gear level 6 and 3 points in each skill other than leader ability. His HP are not that high and his damage is worse than chewbacca. He has a nice taunt which exposes. Others have said it doesn't work well but it hits 4/5 characters regularly for me. Taunt followed by aoe is the most ridiculous TOTAL damage you will ever see.... All 80% mitigated by one average heal.

Alternating taunts might work.... But not with Poe.... He just melts.

I have Poe and yeah after taking the 2nd turn of dmg he should be dying. That's 2 turns of dos going straight at one guy. By that time you should already have one of their dps down or someone that's more important than a healer. His hp is huge I have him and he's grsat

• Options
    The comments about the taunting at the same time thing sound negative but that's actually an advantage most of the time. It's a taunt spread over two tanks, averaging their health.
  • Options
    Yeah abandone this idea. At least at level 45 it is not viable.

I do however like using Poe and Ewok Elder still. Seems to work out really well so far. In GW too.