What world is Grand Arena supposed to be?

Please provide some feedback on this matter Devs!
Is it the game developers choice to provide a world strictly reliant on level of toons and luck? I remember a time when games were about strategy and preparation of squads for techniques. This Grand Arena format is still reliant solely on how many high level toons compared to your opponent. As we all know this game contains both FTP and PTP members which is great that we can all compete in the same world but its also not great when we cant. Squad Arena is a good example of a balanced format in which we can all compete equally. Everyone can build one squad to compete with all. But if you take my current matchup in GA I have 16 G12 toons versus my opponents 49. I dont know in what way I can possibly strategize to compete with that. Many people would say just level up more toons which is a ridiculous answer. You have dropped a format on an existing situation and cant expect to make people start paying to compete. A simple fix IMO would be to take the number of toon gear levels into consideration when matchmaking for these events. If discord bots can fish this info than I cant see why SWGOH cant take it into account through programming. Please test this format including this method. I appreciate your feedback on this matter and enjoy the game as I have been playing on and off since the beginning and would like to see this game continue growing fruitfully.

Replies

• Options
    See the thing is I enjoy getting rewards just like the next person so why should anyone be alienated to compete for those same rewards?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Please provide some feedback on this matter Devs!
    Is it the game developers choice to provide a world strictly reliant on level of toons and luck? I remember a time when games were about strategy and preparation of squads for techniques.

It's funny how I appear to be luckier, the better I prepare and the better strategy I use in my GAs.
    This Grand Arena format is still reliant solely on how many high level toons compared to your opponent.

Solely? How come a player with 17 g12 characters can beat a player with 42 g12 characters in their battle for the 3rd victory?
    As we all know this game contains both FTP and PTP members which is great that we can all compete in the same world but its also not great when we cant. Squad Arena is a good example of a balanced format in which we can all compete equally.

One major difference:
    In GA we all battle for the same rewards. In arenas, those who performed better so far (rank higher) also battle for better rewards.
    Everyone can build one squad to compete with all. But if you take my current matchup in GA I have 16 G12 toons versus my opponents 49. I dont know in what way I can possibly strategize to compete with that.

I have overcome a 17 - 42 difference. We had both won the first two rounds. The scenario, actual rosters (mods, teams and everything), strategy used and execution of the strategy also play a role.
    Many people would say just level up more toons which is a ridiculous answer.

Stop gearing/training/promoting characters, which you won't use anyway. Spend your ressources, where it matters. Yes, like with everything else it takes time (or money) to improve your roster, but you can improve.
    You have dropped a format on an existing situation and cant expect to make people start paying to compete. A simple fix IMO would be to take the number of toon gear levels into consideration when matchmaking for these events.

Since we all battle for the exact same rewards, even match-ups would be unfair.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    See the thing is I enjoy getting rewards just like the next person so why should anyone be alienated to compete for those same rewards?

Why should you have easier opponents just because you developed a weak roster (for the purpose of GA)? We all battle for the exact same rewards. Why should players with weak rosters have easier access to the top rewards?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Why should you have easier opponents just because you developed a weak roster (for the purpose of GA)? We all battle for the exact same rewards. Why should players with weak rosters have easier access to the top rewards?

This is exactly right.

I've got 30 g12 @ 1.2mil toon gp. Why should I be matched with someone who has 30 but 2mil toon gp just so that another person who has 1.2mil toon gp but 5 g12 get an easier match up and achieve better rewards then me when I've worked hard at building good squads.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    building a competative roster is part of the "strategy" involved in GA.
    It's a long process if you haven't been "focussed" up to this point, but it pays off eventually.
    Save water, drink champagne!