is yoda worth it?

i am at 100 of 145 from unlocking him.
i am close to having 3 more 5* jedis. I just got JC to 5* today and eeth koth will be 5* by tomorrow and same goes for ahsoka tano. QGJ is the only one left.

also when we get the yoda event next month do all the tiers reset or do you start from the same spot after event ends?

Replies

• Darth_Syokoy1
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yoda is worth it at 7*. Since I got him at 7*, I only get bumped to rank 11 over night from the top 3. Before I would check in the morning I would be between 30 and 20th rank. Arena toons are QGJ, Lumi, Sidious and Dooku with Yoda.

I tried it even to auto battle against an arena team of QGJ, old Ben, Poe, Rey and Lea and would still win 3 out 4 times.
  • Options
    Yes, of course you start from the same spot, otherwise it would be pointless.
  • Options
    Your progress is saved. I got him to 6* the first time and finally beat that 7* star challenge this second time around. Once you beat the challenge it disappears from the event page.
  • Options
    No
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Love using Yoda, especially when I meet a team with Kylo in GW, is just so funny to steal his counter atack and give it to your own team, then cross fingers an AOE hits your team :joy::joy::joy:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    To me, yes. I have Yoda at 6*. I use him for one task only, resist Dooku stun in arena.
  • Options
    How often do you think the Yoda will event occur? I won't have strong enough Jedi this time around but will be better prepared next time.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Opponent running Old Ben?
    Pop Yoda's tenacity buff and you can ignore Old Ben completely. His debuffs mean nothing.

Tired of Dooku's force lightning stuns on your Jedi to start the match?
    Pair Yoda with QGJ lead and Yoda goes before Dooku. Pop Yoda's tenacity buff, and Dooku stuns no one.

Same for Old Daka's stuns.

Pop Yoda's tenacity buff, and HK-47 group debuff does nothing but minor damage.

Don't like Poe's turn reduction and expose? Pop Yoda's tenacity buff....you see where I am going with this one?

And that is just one of Yoda's skills.

Against the right teams, Yoda is great.

But on defense, Yoda isn't so great. The AI doesn't normally pop the tenacity buff until turn 2 or 3, and by that time, it is largely irrelevant. About the most annoying thing on turn 2 is, if you have a tank who just taunted, tenacity buff will make sure it doesn't get stripped by QGJ or something. But that's about it.
  • Options
    thanks alot for everyones replies i will definitely make sure i have unlocked him by tomorrow and hopefully his event comes around next month. i dont really know if it is but it looks like its a once a month type of deal until ea says so i suppose.
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Love using Yoda, especially when I meet a team with Kylo in GW, is just so funny to steal his counter atack and give it to your own team, then cross fingers an AOE hits your team :joy::joy::joy:

**** thats deadly o.o i faced several teams with kylo today and fuuuu he is so dang annoying -.-
  • Darth_Syokoy1
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yoda is worth it at 7*. Since I got him at 7*, I only get bumped to rank 11 over night from the top 3. Before I would check in the morning I would be between 30 and 20th rank. Arena toons are QGJ, Lumi, Sidious and Dooku with Yoda.

I tried it even to auto battle against an arena team of QGJ, old Ben, Poe, Rey and Lea and would still win 3 out 4 times.

So this guy that I can defeat with auto battle just changed his Lea with a 7* Yoda. I have to check out how strong is his team now, b4 it will only take 1 min 15s to finish him in auto battle. I guess he wanted a counter against my dooku.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here's another thought. I don't know if you have iOS or Android, but if the jawas in the droid event are going to do a lot of droid stunning/ability blocking/whatever debuff, Yoda can fix that problem too.
  • Options
    I just got him myself, only 5 stars for now but that's cool. He's fun to use, trying to coordinate all his specials for max effect. I think he could be a killer vs certain teams and just meh against others. I think the more I use him, they better I will get with him
  • Options
    Krey wrote: »
    Here's another thought. I don't know if you have iOS or Android, but if the jawas in the droid event are going to do a lot of droid stunning/ability blocking/whatever debuff, Yoda can fix that problem too.

im using android :)
    i heard about that event but i thinks its droid only, we wont know til the 17th i believe.

So this guy that I can defeat with auto battle just changed his Lea with a 7* Yoda. I have to check out how strong is his team now, b4 it will only take 1 min 15s to finish him in auto battle. I guess he wanted a counter against my dooku.

interesting. i still havent seen any yodas in my arena battles.
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options

im using android :)
    i heard about that event but i thinks its droid only, we wont know til the 17th i believe.

I believe they said you had to have a party consisting of at least 3 droids. I think there are only 5 droids in the game counting Grievous. Only a very few will have Grievous period, much less have him at 6 star to do the hardest stage. The other 2 slots can contain whoever, including Yoda.
  • Options
    [/quote]

I believe they said you had to have a party consisting of at least 3 droids. I think there are only 5 droids in the game counting Grievous. Only a very few will have Grievous period, much less have him at 6 star to do the hardest stage. The other 2 slots can contain whoever, including Yoda.[/quote]

oh alright thats cool :)
    i wont be able to try it though since i only have one droid, unless they offer a pack, better not be overpriced lol

• Options
    Yoda is a top tier character. He's been on my arena team since I maxed him.
  • Options
    I generally stun Yoda then pick him off after I Droid Attack/Fusillade.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

That is definitely fun to watch. I normally use Battlefield Meditation early in the match to keep Rey and others from getting stunned or DOTs when Sid and Dooku are on the field but when they aren't there, it's worth Yoda taking on counter from Kylo to give the whole team Counter.
  • Options
    Mine is only 5 star but he's pretty awesome in GW, much better than I thought he'd be. Getting foresight and then BM can help with keeping your toons at high health through the end of the match. Getting lucky and adding retribution, offense up or some other cool buff is super fun, as well.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda is a beast in arena. With QGJ lead he always goes first. You can choose to do some basic damage and give him immunity to one attack, you can use his second special for a chance of decent damage and removing turn meter from their QGJ or GS, you can pop tenacity for your team and become virtually immune to negative status effects/stuns. He brings good damage and great utility, making any team stronger.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    If you have the resources and already place top 5 in arena, then yes. For me, it was much wiser to focus on my arena team. My lineup needed work. I spent the resources to get my team up to the meta. I now have 7* GS and 70/100 on Dooku, once he's 100 I'll be going for 7* Barris and JC for yoda.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    One thing to understand about developing 5 7* jedi for the yoda event. It seems like a number of people are of the opinion that you develop these jedi for the event that that's it. After that, they are useless.

While it is true, if your focus is arena, working on 5 7* jedi is going to slow your arena team down if you do not have something you are happy with already. But if nothing else, having extra 7* toons on your bench is great for GW. I do not care who they are, a decently developed 7* toon has value in GW. I complete GW every day because I have toons I can swap around. If all I had was a single quality team, I'd never be able to do it every day in a reasonable time frame, and it would probably be so frustrating I just wouldn't bother.

So, yeah, it may slow down your Arena team a little. But you'll be enhancing your ability to complete GW, and I am convinced that completing GW daily is more valuable than finishing top 10 in the arena. In fact, if I had to choose between GW and top 5 in the arena, I will take GW every time. Lot's of money and ability mats. The 1 to 2 character shards you get and GW tokens (which I am just converting for Grievous at this point) are just bonus. And yeah, I finish top 5 sometimes and even snagged #1 a couple times before it became too annoying. All the sniping and combat locking just annoys me. It has very little to actually do with skill, and anyone can beat everyone else at this point. It all comes down to how many crystals you are willing to burn on refreshes, and if you are willing to stayed glued to your phone for the final hour before prize time.
  • Rex
    38 posts Member
    Options
    One thing to understand about developing 5 7* jedi for the yoda event. It seems like a number of people are of the opinion that you develop these jedi for the event that that's it. After that, they are useless.

While it is true, if your focus is arena, working on 5 7* jedi is going to slow your arena team down if you do not have something you are happy with already. But if nothing else, having extra 7* toons on your bench is great for GW. I do not care who they are, a decently developed 7* toon has value in GW. I complete GW every day because I have toons I can swap around. If all I had was a single quality team, I'd never be able to do it every day in a reasonable time frame, and it would probably be so frustrating I just wouldn't bother.

So, yeah, it may slow down your Arena team a little. But you'll be enhancing your ability to complete GW, and I am convinced that completing GW daily is more valuable than finishing top 10 in the arena. In fact, if I had to choose between GW and top 5 in the arena, I will take GW every time. Lot's of money and ability mats. The 1 to 2 character shards you get and GW tokens (which I am just converting for Grievous at this point) are just bonus. And yeah, I finish top 5 sometimes and even snagged #1 a couple times before it became too annoying. All the sniping and combat locking just annoys me. It has very little to actually do with skill, and anyone can beat everyone else at this point. It all comes down to how many crystals you are willing to burn on refreshes, and if you are willing to stayed glued to your phone for the final hour before prize time.

+1
  • McPot45
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Love yoda got him this time around now at 6* won a permanent spot on my arena team, great for phasama teams the tenacity pretty much makes it so no one gets hit with speed down.
  • Options
    Yes, as long as you aren't wasting too much time farming 'bad' toons, and you can get him to 6* .. If you can get him with Lumi, QGJ, JC, Bariss and one other you have a great set of toons to use for GW, LS battles and some benefits in arena
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Same as the post above. Got yoda 5* last time and I have used him in almost every single Gw and arena match ever since. This event I got him to 6* the first day and he's definitely less squishy now, but I think 7* would be great! As @Krey said: 3 out of 5 Jedi are really good to have anyway: qgj, obviously, who I personally use everywhere, lumi who is essential to gw and quite good in arena, and also JC who is in my opinion perfect for gw aswell. If you bother farming anakin, he should be a great late game toon I've heard (I'm farming him right now). Eeth can be used against hard droid teams in gw or arena too I guess, mace I complete junk though..
    Also it is yoda we're talking about, and he is so much fun to use on top of that! :smile:
  • Options
    Yes, as long as you aren't wasting too much time farming 'bad' toons, and you can get him to 6* .. If you can get him with Lumi, QGJ, JC, Bariss and one other you have a great set of toons to use for GW, LS battles and some benefits in arena
    Eeth is the other, obvious choice for that. While he isn't the best Jedi, there aren't a ton of great tons in arena shipments, anyway. He's worth it for GW and I think he'd be fun for a arena defense team of Phasma, Dooku, Eeth, Daka and some big DPS toon. The fear of all of those stuns might be enough to scare some people off.
  • Options
    I'm having a lot of fun with my 6-start Yoda right now; I think his animation adds to the fun of the character.

I'll have enough 7-star Jedi for next month's event. I think in the right team he's a really good component. My "B" arena team is coming along slowly, I just need to star-up Anakin, Rey, and get 7-star Yoda next event. My Jedi team is QGJ, Lumi, Yoda, Anakin, and Rey (I consider her a Jedi Padawan, LOL). Sometimes I'll rotate Rey out for Old Ben depending on the match-up but he's impossible to star-up so he doesn't see much play.

Yoda isn't too hard to gear-up either, much easier than Anakin in my opinion.