How to attract new players.

How do you guys get new players to join your guilds? I feel like we've tried everything on our end.

Replies

• Options
    It’s hard. There are not a lot of new players coming in anymore- better luck finding unicorns tooting out rainbows.

You have to get lucky and catch the occasional player in transition.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild had 50 but not everybody was active/strong. We found another small guild on Facebook and we merged into one. Now we're clearing the heroic sith and doing really well.
  • Options
    Make everything harder, slower, and more expensive - that’s how CG recruits new players, so maybe it’ll work for your guild, too
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    Options
    It would help to know what "everything" consists of.

It's definitely a struggle, though. When I posted for a new guild I walked away for like an hour and came back to about 25 replies, and my roster wasn't particularly incredible. The unfortunate reality is that most players are "casuals" and just not that interested in competitive play, I think.
  • Options
    It's hard......if someone posts somewhere that they are looking for a guild, they get bombed with offers. There's a lot of competition when it comes to adding new players.
  • Options
    Merge. A lot of guilds are usually top heavy in terms of activity.
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    Options

True facts. I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of guilds are 8-10 people doing all the heavy lifting while the other 40 people just play whenever they feel like it and sponge rewards.
  • Options
    Offer free crystals and some donuts
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Show some skin.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

True facts. I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of guilds are 8-10 people doing all the heavy lifting while the other 40 people just play whenever they feel like it and sponge rewards.

As true as that is, most guilds don't want to give up power to start winning at the game. That was the issue I ran into. Both guild leaders wanted to be in charge and when I said lets talk leadership, they vanish. I get nobody wants to be taken advantage of.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

As true as that is, most guilds don't want to give up power to start winning at the game. That was the issue I ran into. Both guild leaders wanted to be in charge and when I said lets talk leadership, they vanish. I get nobody wants to be taken advantage of.

It amazes me the power trip some people are on this game. I've seen so many new guilds attempt to recruit with only themselves. I think to myself, what exactly are you offering to have 49 others suddenly follow.

For me personally, IRL I manage and coordinate people all day, so being a worker bee and just enjoy playing the game is optimal.

However, as others have stated, find a similarly minded guild and look for a merger. There may be a little bit of power struggle, but at the end you'll have 50 active players who want to be there.

That’s the trouble, finding 50 player who want to win and are willing to make a solid guild. When I was looking for a merger, I’d see pages of players saying the same thing, looking for 10-15 dedicated players, but neither wanted to win bad enough to change guilds I guess. Personally, I went back to my old guild, who’s gaming style is closer to my own.
  • Options
    The sad thing is, it’s only going to get harder as CG continues to run people off
  • Options

It amazes me the power trip some people are on this game. I've seen so many new guilds attempt to recruit with only themselves. I think to myself, what exactly are you offering to have 49 others suddenly follow.

For me personally, IRL I manage and coordinate people all day, so being a worker bee and just enjoy playing the game is optimal.

However, as others have stated, find a similarly minded guild and look for a merger. There may be a little bit of power struggle, but at the end you'll have 50 active players who want to be there.

That’s the trouble, finding 50 player who want to win and are willing to make a solid guild. When I was looking for a merger, I’d see pages of players saying the same thing, looking for 10-15 dedicated players, but neither wanted to win bad enough to change guilds I guess. Personally, I went back to my old guild, who’s gaming style is closer to my own.

Lol everyone needs 10-15 players. Everyone wants you to join them.
    Simplest solution merge make a new guild and share the power.
    Officers remain officers-
    Cut up responsibilities - officers for different raids , tw, Tb
    - officers for 600
    - get people that love spread sheets
    - Get discord bots
    - Leader makes the hard decisions— who to cut etc.
    - recruiters

Beware of officer burnout.
    Look at guilds you face in tw that you beat in a close match or lose in the same way. Get a convo going. There’s potential to merge there too.

Players will quit.

The hardest part is that brand new players are really at a disadvantage. Have to hope that there are many 1-2 year players that have kept playing.
  • Options

Lol everyone needs 10-15 players. Everyone wants you to join them.
    Simplest solution merge make a new guild and share the power.
    Officers remain officers-
    Cut up responsibilities - officers for different raids , tw, Tb
    - officers for 600
    - get people that love spread sheets
    - Get discord bots
    - Leader makes the hard decisions— who to cut etc.
    - recruiters

Beware of officer burnout.
    Look at guilds you face in tw that you beat in a close match or lose in the same way. Get a convo going. There’s potential to merge there too.

Players will quit.

The hardest part is that brand new players are really at a disadvantage. Have to hope that there are many 1-2 year players that have kept playing.

I know I definitely burned out as an officer.
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    Options

Man, who wants that? I've run guilds in a few games and it honestly sucks all the fun out of it. You're constantly reading up on strategies to stay competitive and badgering members to complete basic tasks. It ends up feeling like a job you don't get paid for.