SWGOH Freezing and Crashing

I’ve experienced an extreme amount of freezing and crashing on SWGOH recently and when I first contacted EA about the issue they said it was not a known issue within the community. They gave me some troubleshooting and advice and closed the case.

My phone is in perfect working condition and I have uninstalled/reinstalled etc. I was even told by EA to delete my safari cache.

Less than a week later my game has been crashing more than ever - including during GA and TW battles. Never during arena thankfully.

I contacted EA again about the same issue only for them to inform me that this IS a known issue now..

Also, I was told that I needed to PURCHASE a new device to see if the issue persists! When I told them I won’t be purchasing a new phone just to test something they should be testing, they immediately insisted that it was part of the troubleshooting and that my case would be closed if I couldn’t test it on another device.

After I kept arguing my point and asked EA to purchase the new phone for me to test it, they finally responded saying it won’t be necessary to buy a new phone anymore.

I have sent through screen recordings of the game freezing and/or crashing.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? I have emailed the transcripts to myself for future reference. If I lose my GA or TW and it has something to do with my SWGOH then surely I am expected to receive some kind of compensation? (I.e. the same rewards as winner of GA or similar).

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    mine isnt freezing and crashing. i just keep getting that internet restart error everytime i click something
  • Options
    mine isnt freezing and crashing. i just keep getting that internet restart error everytime i click something

I wish I got error notices. That way they know what the issue is surely.

That’s a tough way to play the game though
  • wildnz
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Yes there are many many people who have posted in answers hq and have had the exact same response from EA support about it being a known issue - yet no updates or advice from CG apart form the constant moderator closing any threads to hide the issue. It seems to be on older iPhone models and occurs during TW and in the latter stages of the AAT raid.

Would be nice if CG at least acknowledged the issue here as it’s been going since the ironically labeled “Quality of Life” update.... well I guess if the game crashes it’s quicker to lose a battle.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please report and discuss all bugs and issues at Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>