Territory War Abilities - April

Gannon
1636 posts Member
Can we get some clarification on how the assists work with young Han on the team?
Do they all assist each turn, or is it a random one?
How does this work with young Hans zeta? Is it cancelled out by the one-per-turn stipulation?
Will this break like the jawa one and cause infinite assist loops?

Replies

• Options
    It says all Hans have a 35% chance to assist, limit once per han per turn, so you could get all 5 hans attacking each turn, if the force is with you.
  • Options
    Seems there is no limit to how stupid these bonuses can become.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I love the variety of bonuses......makes TW a lot less monotonous
  • Options
    These stupid bonuses make the mode more fun.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Debating whether I should use young han or og chewy (my young han is low gear)
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    All Han's get a bonus Basic Attack at the start of the fight. This attack is a guaranteed stun. So you start the fight with each Han stunning an enemy - a full squad of Hans means a fully stunned enemy squad at the start.
    So each Han can then use a non-Basic ability before any enemies can act.
    Stormtrooper Han taunts.
    While Captain Han is active, no other Han can be defeated. So hit a taunting Stormtrooper Han as much as you like; he can't be defeated and his own ability (not Bonus ability) gives all other Allies 20% turn meter when he's hit.
    So unless you can ignore or cancel Taunt, attacking will actually be a waste of time and help your opponent.

I see a LOT of squads getting wasted in futile unwinnable attacks against Han squads. And we thought the Clone Troopers were bad ...
  • Options
    Where is the love for wookies
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    All Han's get a bonus Basic Attack at the start of the fight. This attack is a guaranteed stun. So you start the fight with each Han stunning an enemy - a full squad of Hans means a fully stunned enemy squad at the start.
    Stormtrooper Han taunts.
    While Captain Han is active, no other Han can be defeated. So hit a taunting Stormtrooper Han as much as you like; he can't be defeated and his own ability (not Bonus ability) gives all other Allies 20% turn meter when he's hit.
    So unless you can ignore or cancel Taunt, attacking will actually be a waste of time and help your opponent.

I see a LOT of squads getting wasted in futile unwinnable attacks against Han squads. And we thought the Clone Troopers were bad ...

Or use droids and let them kill your droids...
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Stormtrooper Han taunts.

As I said, "ignore or cancel Taunt".
    AoE damage ignores Taunt.
  • Options
    I’ve got to han it to CG, this one’s pretty good. Finally a good reason to put all 5 Hans in one squad, something I’ve been wanting to do ever since yolo came out. It’s not every day that someone hans you this opportunity. You’ll be winning battles han over fist.
    Ok, I’m done...
  • Options
    Stormtrooper Han taunts.

As I said, "ignore or cancel Taunt".
    AoE damage ignores Taunt.

Better not use most AOEs. That’s 40% TM to the Hans plus some likely counter attacks.
  • Options
    Bugs incoming.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    These stupid bonuses make the mode more fun.

Said by someone who definitely has no responsibility for planning, strategizing and managing TW for their guild, lol.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    We just need two more Chewbacca's
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    We just need two more Chewbacca's

Or one more wookie
    Edit: I just realized there are 5 wookies lol
  • Options
    There is nothing they can bring to make the mode more fun. This just makes people that like tw to be ****. But considering CG lately it seems that's their goal so.
  • Options
    I think CG doesn’t realize that the individual overpowered bonuses were fun because it wasn’t overwhelming in TW. With these group bonuses, it’s just too much for one team. Now you need a second OP team with bonuses just to beat them instead of just not using Sith again Mace.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    I think CG doesn’t realize that the individual overpowered bonuses were fun because it wasn’t overwhelming in TW. With these group bonuses, it’s just too much for one team. Now you need a second OP team with bonuses just to beat them instead of just not using Sith again Mace.

Mace was just as stupid, one char to make a whole faction obsolete, much wow. Jawas were bugged and stupid, geos were stupid. And I have a strong feeling that Hans will be stupid aswell. Where are the good times with some smaller faction bonuses (BH, FO, Res)? Seems like nowerdays it's all about "screw the balancing, let's make it go fus ro dah!".
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

Mace was just as stupid, one char to make a whole faction obsolete, much wow. Jawas were bugged and stupid, geos were stupid. And I have a strong feeling that Hans will be stupid aswell. Where are the good times with some smaller faction bonuses (BH, FO, Res)? Seems like nowerdays it's all about "screw the balancing, let's make it go fus ro dah!".

Stick Nest on a NS squad and the entire Imperial Trooper faction is pretty obsolete... and that's built into the game.

Mace was ridiculous amounts of OP but your complaint that you can't use a certain faction to beat him is an odd one.
  • Options
    I’ve got to han it to CG, this one’s pretty good. Finally a good reason to put all 5 Hans in one squad, something I’ve been wanting to do ever since yolo came out. It’s not every day that someone hans you this opportunity. You’ll be winning battles han over fist.
    Ok, I’m done...

:D:D:D:D this is soooo great !!!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

Stick Nest on a NS squad and the entire Imperial Trooper faction is pretty obsolete... and that's built into the game.

Mace was ridiculous amounts of OP but your complaint that you can't use a certain faction to beat him is an odd one.

1) Putting Nest in a NS squad doesn't change anything. Ppl know how to handle Nest and a Trooper squad with DT will take down NS+Nest just as easily as NS without Nest.
    2) Well played if your guild set Palps and Trayas on defense back when Mace had his TW buff, the opponent was happy then.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Variety isn't the problem, scale is. Buffing less used toons / factions is fine, the problem is when CG goes overboard and turns them into squads full of Chuck Norris clones.
  • Options
    I think these TW changes are great for the most part.

The Han synergy is tongue-in-cheek and makes three largely unused characters relevant without creating ridiculously OP squads. Choosing how to divvy up your Hans and whether to use on offense or defense is a fun theory-crafting exercise. I'm thinking two squads rather than a single 5-Han squad probably has more value - lots of good options with Qi'ra, Jango, and CLS leads.

Geo ships is a nice buff and will give more players a 3rd or 4th viable fleet.

The droid one is probably the most interesting. Can't decide whether they have more value on offense or defense nor whether to spread droids out on many teams or use all-droid squads. Need to ponder this a bit more.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhh. Lots of shooty-shooty.

Han-hillation?

Han-and-on-and-on-and-on?

Extincts-Han?

Han Sololololololol?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Ahhh. Lots of shooty-shooty.

Han-hillation?

Han-and-on-and-on-and-on?

Extincts-Han?

Han Sololololololol?
    En-Han-ced Rebels.

Hans up or we all shoot first!
  • Options
    I’m a big fan! I’ve always wanted a Han team, and now here soon it’ll actually be useful
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

a lot more than troopers
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Variety isn't the problem, scale is. Buffing less used toons / factions is fine, the problem is when CG goes overboard and turns them into squads full of Chuck Norris clones.

THIS.....

The best thing they could have done is keep bonuses to garbage characters NO ONE... I mean no one uses in 99. percent of all TW's

cup, mace, plo, kit, gammo, ugnaught, lobot, tuskens, bistan, aayla, jedi knight guardian, ima, nute, etc etc etc...

What is the big problem with giving players a place to use ALL the characters..... It's like Ships..... OH WOW COME BUY THE NEWEST SHINY ships shuttles and hawks oh my SPEND SPEND SPEND...

And when and where do you get to use these new things....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHERE.

They have no problem selling you stuff.....They DO have a problem giving you somewhere to use the things you have bought OR farmed years back....

Buffing CPT han, Veteran han ok... even stormtrooper (lol that TM bonus)... but raid and young with them....

You can literally end up again with one team holding off 250 other teams.... yuck.

Love bonuses....but give them to the old toons no one uses...... Can't you see the benefits to letting people play with the stuff they have farmed somewhere ???
  • Options
    Bugs incoming.

Called.
    Too many weird interactions to function correctly with CG.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!