Malak Event

Replies

• rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    What is really annoying, is that if this event is truly "extremely difficult" then why is there an arbitrary power level requirement. If it's as challenging as they claim it is, then the difficulty itself should be what prevents you from earning Malak; not arbitrary requirements. I like many others have all the required characters AT SEVEN STARS, yet I am blocked from even attempting the event; its ridiculous.

because it seems there is an android hack out there which makes it possible to create overpowered mods for your chars to overcome the lack of gear. Some got DR with G1 squads and such modding.
    That's why cg introduced this gp cap, to prevent cheaters from using their hacks ;)
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    JKR - should be G12+ and fully zeta'd anyway
    Jolee - should be G12+ and zeta'd anyway
    Bastila - should be G11 and zeta'd or G12 w/o zeta anyway
    Mission - essential for the Carth TW/GA squad, should be zeta'd so G11 is fine
    Zaalbar - essential for the Carth TW/GA squad, G12 or G11 with zeta

DR - should be G12+ and fully zeta'd anyway (or at least fully zeta'd if stuck with the new gear pieces)
    HK - should be G12+ and zeta'd anyway
    Badstila - should be G12+ anyway
    Carth - essential for the Carth TW/GA squad, should be zeta'd so G11 is fine
    Canderous - essential for the Carth TW/GA squad, G12 or G11 with zeta (*yikes*)
    Both Trios (JKR, Jolee, Bast / DR, HK, Badstila) should be built up anyway so it's about the +2 fillers on both sides. Anyone with a good resource management did gear up the Carth squad by now as it is an amazing squad for all territories of the game except for arena (TW, GA, TB, HSR).
    The only 2 downsides are 1) might have to throw a zeta on Canderous (which is prolly one of the worst zetas in the game) and 2) if it turns out that one of the other chars (Juhani, T3) is required due to the events strategy that might be a problem.

I agree kinda. Note that in the JKR and DR events, the Revan was provided to us. And it was a BAD Revan both times. No mods and not much health. My Revans are much better. But if they go with the same type of deal. We are going to be using bad Revans provided to us. It doesn't say anything in the release about using our Revan. Only the characters needed. And that follows suite with the previous events.

Canderous Ordo - I don't have a Zeta on him. But - with Malak Taunting, I am thinking I may have to Zeta him. Which I have 2 Zetas to spare so, no big deal if that's the case. But his power is 17500+ So not worried.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    What is really annoying, is that if this event is truly "extremely difficult" then why is there an arbitrary power level requirement. If it's as challenging as they claim it is, then the difficulty itself should be what prevents you from earning Malak; not arbitrary requirements. I like many others have all the required characters AT SEVEN STARS, yet I am blocked from even attempting the event; its ridiculous.

Because they saw how many spoke of hoarding as a way for ftp to get these characters.

Now we have to deplete our stash....and then be back to square one when the Clone Wars content takes over.

Spenders will always have their advantage and rightfully so. Hoarders now will have to spend if they want to continue being in on the meta right away.

Think ahead and focus now on being ready for the clone wars stuff.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    “Hey guys, we’d like to roll out gear 13 in 3 days. Packs will be available in 3 days and an event needing g13 will begin tomorrow and last for 1 day. Happy holotables all!”

Basically
  • Options
    Which side do you see having better synergy? I think LS Revan team has better overall synergy of the 2. Big Z and Mission are a good pair and he is really tanky. Now DS Revan team doesn't even fall into one faction. Carth leadership does nothing for Sith Empire and vice versa for Revan. I think DS Revan's portion is what is going to make this event a challenge.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Just my personal opinion, but Jolene, Mission and Z are 100% worth g12 and zeta. Probably Carth too.

Also my personal opinion, but they should release the Kit Asap to get people salivating on it and trying to rush. 1 day preview seems like it will cut out people from paying to get there.

EDIT: Autocorrect seems to think I am talking about a Dolly Parton song...

Carth is a great leader for a Old republic team together with Juhani, Mission, Zalbar and Canderous. Totally worth it to put a zeta on him.

Hes good. But qira, big z, mission, L3 and vandor chewy is amazing.

but agree with your point. These arent garbage teams

Mision and zaalbar should be leveled and mission should get a zeta when you have time
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Which side do you see having better synergy? I think LS Revan team has better overall synergy of the 2. Big Z and Mission are a good pair and he is really tanky. Now DS Revan team doesn't even fall into one faction. Carth leadership does nothing for Sith Empire and vice versa for Revan. I think DS Revan's portion is what is going to make this event a challenge.

Sad part is... im more ready for that than lightside.

My t3 and mission are good... my big z needs more gear
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Sad part is... im more ready for that than lightside.

My t3 and mission are good... my big z needs more gear

Get him to g10 and slap a crit reduction arrow and some random tenacity and health mods on him and hes good. He doesnt need speed or anything.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Options
    I really hate how you need both Revans for this event. You shouldn't need both of them, that's ridiculous. Give us one or the other, I don't want to spend the rest of my life farming all of the Old Republic toons just for one character
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    They finally realised that, outside of giving PvE toons 5 full tm bars at the beginning of the battle, they can't even outsmart their own community. So, guess what? Power restrictions.
  • Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    I really hate how you need both Revans for this event. You shouldn't need both of them, that's ridiculous. Give us one or the other, I don't want to spend the rest of my life farming all of the Old Republic toons just for one character

I agree with this but I'm more peeved on the fact that you need both revans to only HALF complete the Malak farm. You still need to dish out GET after you used two journey toons
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Yes except most players dont have multiple Zetas sitting around to be used. They are basically forcing players to spend serious cash on lame characters, what a genius way to **** people off. I had multiple guild members quit today after playing for years over this garbage.

Lame? Huh?

OR chars outside revan/drevan team are the most well designed characters in the game.
    Don't bother. It's just a circular scream-match with Ninjah9. Just do what I did and mute him. He's not worth it.
    I can't believe you're sitting here trying to figure out how to budget team this. G12 and a zeta is the best chance you got. 2 days only. Don't mess around. Don't try to figure out how to do this on the cheap. It's only going to lead to massive frustration.
    In fairness, I think the people who are asking what the minimum requirements are are people who are far below the minimum. I don't think they're asking with the intention of "What's the lowest I can go to get this done" and rather asking "How much do I need to get in order to stand a chance?"

I can't read minds, of course, so maybe some folks really are trying to bargain-bin their team, but I think most are looking at it from that other perspective.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Cheer up guys, this event is actually pretty good. If you're a f2p, it will make you glad that you never started the spending train and that you can calmly shrug off such indecency and lack of respect for the community by CG (but most likely by EA rather than poor CG good bois).
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Yes except most players dont have multiple Zetas sitting around to be used. They are basically forcing players to spend serious cash on lame characters, what a genius way to **** people off. I had multiple guild members quit today after playing for years over this garbage.

Lame? Huh?

OR chars outside revan/drevan team are the most well designed characters in the game.
    Don't bother. It's just a circular scream-match with Ninjah9. Just do what I did and mute him. He's not worth it.
    I can't believe you're sitting here trying to figure out how to budget team this. G12 and a zeta is the best chance you got. 2 days only. Don't mess around. Don't try to figure out how to do this on the cheap. It's only going to lead to massive frustration.
    In fairness, I think the people who are asking what the minimum requirements are are people who are far below the minimum. I don't think they're asking with the intention of "What's the lowest I can go to get this done" and rather asking "How much do I need to get in order to stand a chance?"

I can't read minds, of course, so maybe some folks really are trying to bargain-bin their team, but I think most are looking at it from that other perspective.

It's the same question!!

Like, How do I get an elephant to stand that tall? If an elephant were to stand that tall, what would it take. It's the same!!!!

The answer has been given. Nothing less than 17500 gets you in the door. Will you need Zetas? More gear close to 13? Who knows. But why take chances? Dude, they are flat out saying VERY VERY VERY Difficult. 2 days. 2 days notice. You are welcomed to rest on any assumptions, but seriously, why not roll with I'm going to need G12 and Zetas... is it a bummer if you're not close. Yeah I get that. But that's the whole idea here. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. Like I said, I know nothing - but I'm riding on the assumption I will need everything.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Options
    For me to be able to participate i would need a 2 year notice!!!
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options

Two characters...Darth Revan and Darth Malek.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    7mnk9go9x9p4.jpeg
    h2wgiqiz2ib7.jpeg
    Ready but not on new gear.
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    For those figuring out if they can make it, I can confirm based on just now getting Zaalbar over the hump that slicing adds:

Regular slice: 24 GP per rank
    Gold mod to 6E: 45 GP

So not much, but it just barely got Big Z over the line. G12 with a couple 6E mods (rest are purple or gold), but no zeta or G12 pieces.
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »

They merge into Darth Malæk
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Lilpup wrote: »

They merge into Darth Malæk

More like Darth Revak or Darth Malan
  • Jarvind
    3931 posts Member
    Options

I don't think people are necessarily "trying to do it on the cheap," it's more that most don't have these characters at G12 or zeta'd, so they're trying to figure out if they can even make a qualifying team on 36 hours' notice.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »

I don't think people are necessarily "trying to do it on the cheap," it's more that most don't have these characters at G12 or zeta'd, so they're trying to figure out if they can even make a qualifying team on 36 hours' notice.

I agree, especially since most probably did nothing with KotOR characters after unlocking Jedi Revan, outside Jolee and Bastila. The 17.5K limit is too much.
  • Options
    Was thinking about it because 8/11 are there or close. But then i thought of the added gear they made us pay for the last time, 24 hour notice, remember? More to come for Malak I’m sure. Is it going to be 2 pieces like Drevan? Or are we going to double it to 4 this time?

Here’s my 24 hour notice. I’ll get Him the next time.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    rokota wrote: »

because it seems there is an android hack out there which makes it possible to create overpowered mods for your chars to overcome the lack of gear. Some got DR with G1 squads and such modding.
    That's why cg introduced this gp cap, to prevent cheaters from using their hacks ;)

What??? So you're saying they made this event insanely difficult because of hackers?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Lame? Huh?

Lol, he muted me because he can't argue against sound logic. This guys first instinct is to always shill out...no matter what
  • Options
    Is the difficulty of this event "fun and playful" like the Chewie-Event?
  • Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »

It makes the chewie event seem fun and playful.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »

DS is actually pretty easy if you know what to do. LS is hell.
  • Options
    rokota wrote: »

What??? So you're saying they made this event insanely difficult because of hackers?

No, they put gm barrier because of them.
    I dont understand people whining about that barrier. Without it they would have been crying that they cannot beat Malak with their g7/8/9/10/11...😆