It seems pretty overwhelming to me...

Look, the opinions of the new GW is overwhelmingly bad. You have essentially crippled a huge portion of your player base as we can no longer rely on GW for grinding. If you don't want us to grind there then fine, take it out. But if you're gonna leave it in you need to fix it. Like, a lot. I'm facing machine gun comps in every single match, with ZERO chance of survival for 1-2 of my team members. And that would be fine in an arena match, or some other game mode where I can just reuse them after victory. But GW is a survival mode. You can't throw the same DPS burst team at us 10 times in a row and expect people to enjoy it.

And don't tell me about suicide squads or multiple bench teams. The suicide squads do little to nothing if they all get butchered in the first round of combat. And if I had multiple teams I wouldn't be grinding in GW to begin with. It USED to be one of the best ways to unlock characters. Now it's a total waste of time, as I spend 30-60 minutes on EACH NODE retreating over and over again just to find that lucky AI combo that DOESN'T KILL MY ENTIRE TEAM BEFORE I GET TO ACT!!!

Don't tell me it's fair this way. And don't tell me it's working as intended. Because if that's the case then you messed up. The folks who are claiming to have no trouble beating it every day are the top tier. They already have their perfect teams, and in some cases multiple teams capable of completing GW. The rest of us (as is evident by all the posts here alone) are at the breaking point, ready to quit playing your game, because it's no fun to bang your head against a wall for several hours.

I'm sure you've already seen all the posts and comments about GW. I'm sure you know you butchered the game mode. You might not even care that people like me are frustrated to the point of abandoning your game. But as a player (who used to enjoy this game) I'm telling you, this game mode needs to be fixed.

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Karkoon_snackcake I believe they stated they are working on it in the next patch that rolls out. However, if it's anything like the credit/droid events it will come out worse, not better :)
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    I quite literally could not agree more. Bravo, my friend. Well said.
  • Options
    I think if they made all skills refresh and maybe fill your health after each round it would be better for the people who are leveling up. I can finish it everyday now but it wasn't always like that. I still have to retreat multiple times to win all of them by moving toons from 1 slot to another or discovering they are going to kill that slot no matter what and putting a disposable toon there. Also I noticed when the level cap is raised as L60 I would encounter L70 teams early in the ladder and have no chance at all. Pretty stupid the way it is now.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @Karkoon_snackcake I believe they stated they are working on it in the next patch that rolls out. However, if it's anything like the credit/droid events it will come out worse, not better :)

I'm not sure it could be worse...
  • Options
    Ramboni173 wrote: »
    I think if they made all skills refresh and maybe fill your health after each round it would be better for the people who are leveling up. I can finish it everyday now but it wasn't always like that. I still have to retreat multiple times to win all of them by moving toons from 1 slot to another or discovering they are going to kill that slot no matter what and putting a disposable toon there. Also I noticed when the level cap is raised as L60 I would encounter L70 teams early in the ladder and have no chance at all. Pretty stupid the way it is now.

While refreshing skills and hp each round would make it easier for low level players, I think that would make it too easy. GW is, at it's core, a survival mode. If you refresh the team after each battle then it's just a series of random fights. Personally, I like the survival aspect of it. I like that the rewards increase as you claw your way through to the end. What I don't like is facing the same arena comp, designed specifically to murder just one or two of your team before perishing, on every node.

The match making is what needs to be fixed. Some new way of establishing the ladder of difficulty. Fully geared 7 star teams are fine for the last two nodes. But it shouldn't be the norm. And losing a healer in every node is not an option either for a survival mode. There just aren't enough healers in the game to do that.

My gripe with GW isn't that I can't complete it every day. It's that it's no fun at all.
  • Options
    I have completed 75 GW and I'm level 70 with a decent bench of toons. Before I hit level 70 GW could be tough especially when some teams were 10+ levels above me. I have tried all kinds of combinations but the best I have found is Barriss (L), JC, GS, QGJ & Rey. You can swap out the heavy hitters but I find Barriss & JC are the key to keeping them alive. I have no issues finishing all of GW with just this team and I rarely lose a toon. As others have said its the matchmaking that needs improving because it's just too easy now. I do feel your frustration OP and we will all feel it more when the cap is raised.
  • Slade
    15 posts Member
    Options
    If you have no problem completing GW, you're not using the word "problem" correctly. It's a nightmare compared to what it used to be. With a steady squad I used to give up 1-2 characters over the course of the campaign, restarting 3-4 times. Now I'm lucky if I can complete it once in a given week with non-stop retreats.
  • Options
    I have a decent bench and I have been finishing it regularly. That being said it is a pain in the a$$, and I have to use all of my top 10 toons some days to complete it (to get healing cool-downs synced I need to rotate healers on some rounds or add more DPS to take down multiple guys in the first turn).
    I think that if you just sunk all of your resources into your top 5-6 Toons (to be competitive in Arena quickly) you are screwed after the change. They changed it to make you develop a fuller roster (and reward the people who spend more resources over time building players (or the whales who just dump cash to build a big roster). If you are free to play it is going to be a struggle until you get 5 more toons leveled to rival the best 6 in your stable. if you have 15 toons leveled i would imagine you could just roll through it subbing in guys as needed. if you only built a loaded 5-6 toon Arena roster i think the GW would be painfull. I am level 64. I do see squads of all lvl 70, 7*, purple toons. Getting past these rounds requires thought, you need to have 5 disposable level 50-62 Toons around 4* or better and hope to take out 1 enemy toon, then pray your top 6 (pick the 5 that make the best match-up) can get through 5 on 4 without losing a toon. When you hit this match up again, you need another good (50-63 lvl) suicide squad. As you can see, this gets costly. I lucked into a decent bench because I started playing before I found this Forum. I leveled about 15 guys that were good toons evenly and got my a$$ handed to me in Arena. Now I am recovering and making ground back up in Arena, but it is a fight to crack the top 50 on my server.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    I have 34, level 70 7* toons plus a bunch of other level 70 6* and 5*

I cannot finish GW.
    Ever.

This can't possibly be "Working as intended".
  • Options
    I finish it every single day without fail, and without having to retreat. I use Barriss for leader, then Luminara, Phasma, Dooku and Qui'Gon. Luminara and Qui'Gon are 7*. Phasma and Dooku are 5*, Barriss is 6*.

The thing is, for a long time, I DIDN'T beat it every day. There were lots of days I just couldn't beat it no matter what I did.

The problem expressed in this thread seems to be that you think it SHOULD be able to be beaten every single day. But, like, you might have to grind it for a couple of months getting as far as you CAN, before you finally get a team that can beat the whole thing every single day.

If it's WAI, the developers might want it to be a challenge you CAN'T beat every day without a maximized team.
  • Options
    Fortinbuff, you think it's working intended that you run a team of 5 all the way through GW "Without fail" and they aren't even all 7*, and I get slaughtered "Without fail" with a roster of about 50 level 70s?