Arena Shard reorganisation

I should start with the story of my account. I started in November '15, after arriving in Top 3 I were not able to get the first event char GMY so i quit with the game. Then November '17 I started again, with my old account. There were so many more features, mods, ships and so on, but i had a plan even though i were only at 200k gp and without a guild. A year later i got JKR and could compete in Arena, I earned many crystals for staedy be on rank 1 against accounts with more than the double amount of gp (I were at about 2 Mil Gp, some of my opponents has 4,5 - 5 M GP). Finally i got Drevan even though i have not enough crystals for his Gear tiers 8/9, but that's ok. But now since I know I have no option to get Malak i am upset, just like with GMY. My Arena shard will most likely get Malak easily because they already have every char, that means they have gear for getting every necessary char to 17,500 gp like it is nothing. Is there any possibility for players who were off the game for a while to get in another shard that is more appropriate?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unfortunately no. The dev team have stated they do not currently have the tools to move people from one shard to another.
  • Options
    Thanks for your fast answer, Kyno
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Unfortunately no. The dev team have stated they do not currently have the tools to move people from one shard to another.

They have "tools" for it. There are probably too many algorithms dependent on you being where you are at.

If they copied your data and put it on another server the question that poses a problem is what do you do with the old data.
  • Options
    More importantly, how is that fair to the people whose shard you’re being thrown in, to suddenly have an older account thrown into the mix with someone aiming for all the top spots.
  • Options
    More importantly, how is that fair to the people whose shard you’re being thrown in, to suddenly have an older account thrown into the mix with someone aiming for all the top spots.

People have very ill-thought ideas of fairness.
  • Options

I find this really hard to believe. In the time that I've spent being game admin and forum admin with other games, I'm pretty positive they have the ability to move players.
  • Options
    tool = will
  • Options
    casper1jr wrote: »

I find this really hard to believe. In the time that I've spent being game admin and forum admin with other games, I'm pretty positive they have the ability to move players.

I would guess that what you define as moving players and what CG define it at greatly differ.

Most folks seem to think that moving players is simply going from arena leaderboard 1 to arena leaderboard 2.

From what I've gathered CG thinks it also includes doing it in a way that maintains arena leaderboard integrity by keeping folks clusters based on certain criteria (currently start date), not altering current standing (moving a player and dropping them from 50th to 1050th would be bad), and not moving players in a way that could be perceived as favoritism or granting an advantage (moving a player from a very active leaderboard to a mostly abandoned one would not be good).

I think creating a tool to simply move players is easy. And CG can almost certainly do this.

Creating a tool to move players in a way that is acceptable to both CG and the players is very tough and CG almost certainly cannot do this.
  • Options
    CG did it once a long time ago for an entire arena shard that was abnormally powerful. Like top-tier players were dropping a thousand ranks overnight. That was a unique occurrence, though. Probably won’t happen again.
  • Options
    CG did it once a long time ago for an entire arena shard that was abnormally powerful. Like top-tier players were dropping a thousand ranks overnight. That was a unique occurrence, though. Probably won’t happen again.

They split that shard in half. I don't think they moved anyone around though.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    They weren't 'moved', they just got split into 2 smaller leaderboards.

And this was a Fleet Leaderboard, not a Squad Arena Leaderboard.

I'm sure they have the tech to do it, but I doubt anyone has a really good enough justification for them to do so which would open up the floodgates.
  • Options

People have very ill-thought ideas of fairness.

And you seem like a noob who believes weak players should be able to be moved to newer arena and mess with an established arena
  • Options

Totally agree with you
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    They weren't 'moved', they just got split into 2 smaller leaderboards.

And this was a Fleet Leaderboard, not a Squad Arena Leaderboard.

I'm sure they have the tech to do it, but I doubt anyone has a really good enough justification for them to do so which would open up the floodgates.

Yeah, the only reason they were able to justify that split is because the Fleet Arena shards were made on the day Fleet arena launched and the system they had in place to spread people out in the most fair way was slightly bugged and they corrected it as best they could