Should I even bother with Malak..?

Hi fellow holotable heroes

I am wondering if I should even bother trying to get Malak, like... Ever...
....Or if my energy is better spent elsewhere..?

I mean... I didn't get DS Revan first time around and so I would first have to start farming the toons to unlock him and then the Sith Empire toons and THEN I would have to get ALL these toons above 17500!

I would love to finish my NS team, FOX BH ships for **** and Qi'ra and get more toons to G12...

What si you guys think? Start the grind or stick with my projects..?

Replies

• Options
    I face similar too many priorities issue:
    Need to secure standing in arena even if just for crystals/arena credits (Sion, BSF)
    Need to up BH for chance of Chewie (qualify, but attempts were short lived), plus BH ships
    Could do with Revan (all OR except bastila)
    No one in my guild has resistance/JTR, so a good move
    Want to finish IT and lsTB toons (Hoth twins and Rolo)

So, I decided I want to do many things better rather than be in the rarified zone.
    Sion and BSF are the foundation for being able to farm others, so priority 1.
    Have choice for who to farm off cantina energy, so MV up next. As I move off Sion and BSF attention can turn to Jolie plus the toon not qualifying for something I need them for (TB toons of one sort or another).
    After that, hit OR hard assuming can divert from MV to dogbot.

In answer to OP, what brings you the value, consolidating existing toons or all out for a newbie?
  • Options
    hardvig wrote: »
    I am wondering if I should even bother trying to get Malak...

What's your credit card limit like?

• Options

I mean... I didn't get DS Revan first time around and so I would first have to start farming the toons to unlock him and then the Sith Empire toons and THEN I would have to get ALL these toons above 17500!

I would love to finish my NS team, FOX BH ships for **** and Qi'ra and get more toons to G12...

When new heroes like Malak come out, those with experience let it unfold, watch it be released, fixed, nerfed, rendered useless, then it returns and we can decide if we will try for it the time after that.
  • Options

When new heroes like Malak come out, those with experience let it unfold, watch it be released, fixed, nerfed, rendered useless, then it returns and we can decide if we will try for it the time after that.

And in the meantime- farm a Jawa team ;)
  • Options

And in the meantime- farm a Jawa team ;)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOTINI!
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Keep farming whatever you are doing. Don't try to follow the new shinny character, unless you want to spend real money.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

This. But instead of experienced, I am just lazy and slow.
  • Options
    Malak is end-game content. You shouldn’t worry about him until you have every other legendary, raid, event, and journey character AND you want to run a sith or Darth Revan team. The only players getting him now are ones that have been playing for multiple years, have been at the very top of arena, and/or are spending considerable amounts of money.
  • Options
    I would say until you have a DR team, don't worry about Malak. Once you start farming for the next DR event, maybe gear up your toons to get Malak as well, but not before then.
  • Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Keep farming whatever you are doing. Don't try to follow the new shinny character, unless you want to spend real money.

I agree. Gotta keep this game fun. Sometimes I feel like chasing the meta, sometimes I don't. I love, love, love Kotor/old republic so I'm farming all these characters.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea.