68,400 guild currency to 7 star malak. 3.5+ months

Why?

If TBs are only reoccurring 2 times a month. It will take 3.5+ months at least to get Malak from 5 to 7 stars

At that rate... anyone that waits for malak to return in the likely next 3-4 months will be right on time to 7 star him too if they save up the currency.

Why did this have to be the worst currency in the game to stockpile on. This would've been much easier and costed us more gear to make you more money if this was from the guild store and not the guild event store.

Replies

• Options
    With the new Geo TB coming up, there will be 3 TBs a month, so a little better. Thanks for the math though... Time to start saving!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The GEC is only half the battle, anyone getting him the second run will have to burn a lot of crystals to get him "fast".
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    Options
    If someone had a huge stockpile of event currency they are probably loving it. I was buying from there liberally since I didn’t expect an event character in there so suddenly. Now I feel like I have to just horde everything going forward since things can change instantly.
  • Options
    THe OP makes a very good point. People will just stockpile currency. And in 3 months there will be 100000000000 Darth Malaks running around. Why did we just suffer through this? hahahah
  • Options
    I appreciate CG trying out new ideas..
    ..but why clearly bad ideas?
    GEC is simply a bad currency to use for this / price is too high / should have unlocked at 6 stars.
  • Options
    THe OP makes a very good point. People will just stockpile currency. And in 3 months there will be 100000000000 Darth Malaks running around. Why did we just suffer through this? hahahah

What makes you think Malak will return in 3 months?
    So far, a 3-4 month cadence was reasonable to expect, so was the one week notice.
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for DM's early return.
  • Options
    Hes not a legendary or heroes journey but a mythic battle so definitely could be a 6 month rotation
  • Options
    Genosis tb should give 20k+ currency to compensate
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Not that it's a huge amount, but it's worth noting that you get GEC from Territory War and Heroic Sith, also. So that helps speed it up a bit.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hes not a legendary or heroes journey but a mythic battle so definitely could be a 6 month rotation
    6 months would give too much time for people to prepare. I bet on half that until the next time, this will create some panic farm, like they did bringing back Jedi Revan only 3 months after the first time.