Lowest gear to unlock Darth Malek??

Prev1
Lilpup
403 posts Member
Has anyone unlocked Darth Malek with G10 Misson and Zaalbar that are zeta'd?

Replies

• Options
    I had g10 zaalbar, g11 t3
  • Options
    I used g10 zaalbar, it was really really hard but on my winning attempt I got 4 armor shreds and that was the first time I got that many
  • Options
    I used a G8 Bastila, but I had G12 for everyone else and all of their zetas.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Definitely torn on if I want to go for it. I have g12 jkr and Bastilla , g11 jolee with all their Zetas. My zaalbar I just got to g10 with zeta(he's like 17512 GP) and I'm pretty sure I can get Misson the stun gun and zeta she needs to hit G10 before the end of the event...maybe even getting her to G11 with a cuff.

The 5th darkside, either Canderous or Juhani will be the tough one to get to 17,500. Both are currently at 14k power. Canderous needs a stun gun ,2 cuffs and 2 carbantis to get to G11. Juhani needs 1 gun, one cuff, and 2 carbantis for G11. Would either at G11 meet the 17500 without zeta?
  • Options
    Whos darth malek?
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    This new toon just got released. I've never heard of any of these Kotor guys.
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    This new toon just got released. I've never heard of any of these Kotor guys.

I think @Phoenixeon was being facetious; the toon's name is Malak not Malek.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Watched a vid of a guy to it w/ g10 z and mission
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    HK666 wrote: »
    Watched a vid of a guy to it w/ g10 z and mission

Do u have the link to it?
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    just be wary of doing that gear cash grab Lilpup.. it’s a tough event and if you don’t give yourself enough time to mod correctly and get a strategy (mostly talking lightside here) you may be throwing a ton of money away. some people did do this with god mods at lower gear levels and then some people with g12+ and all zetas aren’t able to complete it. it’s not impossible of course but just be sure you have what it takes IF you buy that gear. it would be a phenomenal bummer to spend that much and get nothing in return, or even worse.. a half a malak
  • Options
    I cleared it (6th try, tough to keep his enrage counter down with that little offense, I struggled to keep it below 12) with g12 Jedi (zzzJKR, zJolee, Bastila)
    And g10 zBig Z and G10 zMission.

Only let him absorb the Tenacity Jedi captive and had 6 stacks of armor shred on Malak when I went for it.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I had g12 big z and mission... Revan was g9, jolee g11 and bast g8
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Rafini wrote: »
    just be wary of doing that gear cash grab Lilpup.. it’s a tough event and if you don’t give yourself enough time to mod correctly and get a strategy (mostly talking lightside here) you may be throwing a ton of money away. some people did do this with god mods at lower gear levels and then some people with g12+ and all zetas aren’t able to complete it. it’s not impossible of course but just be sure you have what it takes IF you buy that gear. it would be a phenomenal bummer to spend that much and get nothing in return, or even worse.. a half a malak

Thanks man. Yeah I won't have to spend to attempt the light side. I'm gonna see if I can beat it with misson and Zaalbar how they are(I had planned on zetaing them two anyhow) if I can beat the harder of the 2, then I will decide on whether to go for it. Still not sure whether Canderous or Juhani should be my 5th and if my DS are even geared enough....Bastilla is G11, Darth Revan, HK and Carth are G10.
  • Options
    Is, as I said above g10 zaalbar, g11 t3, g12 Revan, Bastille and jolee. Did d's with g8 Revan, g10 canderous, g10mk, g12 Bastilla g12 carth

• Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Kapone wrote: »
    Is, as I said above g10 zaalbar, g11 t3, g12 Revan, Bastille and jolee. Did d's with g8 Revan, g10 canderous, g10mk, g12 Bastilla g12 carth

Nice. I'll have to buy one full stun gun plus maybe a cuff or carbanti and those 10 omegas from weekly shipments to have enough omegas to zeta Canderous. Really only doing to help the guild as I was one of like 10 to unlock Darth Revan. I still use CLS in Arena and finish top5 easy.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    if you can beat light side, dark side is a joke by comparison! just watch some youtube videos and check the strategy. it’s really not hard with a decent DR and squad at all. i had cancerous g12 and not juhani and i don’t even think he contributed much tbh. it’s mostly stacking ferocity on DR by mass killing droids and the jedi in capsules and then when you’re 50+ stacks just go ham on malak when all jedi are done. it’s really easy
  • Options
    Yeah light side just takes a few attempts to get the puzzle down, dark side felt like I could have autoed it because on my second try my DR ended up one shorting malak when I did not expect
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb This is the first event that has made me want to throw my phone. This event is beyond challenging and is simply frustrating and not fun. You may want to consider this for your future events.
  • Options
    Lilpup wrote: »
    Has anyone unlocked Darth Malek with G10 Misson and Zaalbar that are zeta'd?

My main account did it with g11 zZaalbar and zMission. Alt did it with g10 zZaalbar and zMission.

Mind you it took me from 12am to 4.30am to do it on my alt, and that’s after i knew how the strategy works. So u better give yourself some time to do it.

For reference: http://swgoh.gg/u/veluvialo

That’s my alt, the gear and ability levels should is what is sufficient. Mods are another factor, but rng is the worst.
  • Options
    Immortal wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb This is the first event that has made me want to throw my phone. This event is beyond challenging and is simply frustrating and not fun. You may want to consider this for your future events.

Yes, the difficulty for light side is ridiculous. If CG is gonna make all future events like this, i doubt i will play much longer.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I have tried it once and think I have the mechanics down, Just need more Damage so I'm gonna mod for offense and see how that works.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I did it with g10 zaalbar and g11 mission the rest g12+.....its not too bad as long as you mod for offense and then speed on zaalbar to give you more armor shreds. Took me about 12 tries with most being an annoying run of having malak in the red but not quite enough to finish off. A lot of people say let malak consume critical immunity pod but on my successful run I consumed them all then a key direct focus on malak reduced his turn meter enough where a revan assist from jolee was enough to finish it...
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...I beat the LS on the 3rd try. Now to get Canderous or Juhani up to 17500
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Ds will be a breeze for you
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    I need to get 43 Carbanti's to get Canderous to G9, and then see what I need from there.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    just check the swgoh gear levels online!
  • EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    Options
    ae0y6aclbc1v.png
  • EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I got him with this team and like 2 hours of trying
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Nice bro. Congrats. I just died trying the DS for the first time. What is the strategy for that?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Kill the pods and hulk out on malak.....darth revan and company have enough offense to take him down easily